Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Possible 30c

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
Ensembles suggest no chance until at least the 25th, i am happy with my August punt.

Err didn't you say early June orginally????

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme
On a purely selfish point of view, I would love a summer when 30c+ isnt reached. Its an awful heat - particulary when having to travel to and from work. If I want that heat, I will book a holiday in the med, with an air conditioned apartment and a swimming pool I can casually jump into. Not an office when the temperature is never below 95f and a train carriage (and half the time home/bedroom) rarely reaches below that.

Bah humbug.

30c!!. Bah Humbug indeed. I look forward to the summer when 20c isn't reached.

T.M

Posted
  • Location: From North Wales but now in England on the Notts border
  • Location: From North Wales but now in England on the Notts border

I reckon it might be reached in early August and probably stay hot right through September. Well, that's that's what I hope anyway. I know people will say that a hot September doesn't bode well for a cold winter but I would gladly sacrifice winter just to get some heat.

Posted
On a purely selfish point of view, I would love a summer when 30c+ isnt reached. Its an awful heat -
Totally agree. I went for a walk last night and it was sunny, stunning scenery and about 17º which was absolutely perfect.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells
Totally agree. I went for a walk last night and it was sunny, stunning scenery and about 17º which was absolutely perfect.

Definitely nice for walking around in but less so for sitting out in. Really missed my midnight beer in the garden in only a t-shirt this summer!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

haha! Nah they love it! Although that 6 foot fence that went up earlier this year....

Posted
  • Location: Formerly Walworth, SE17 ; Swansea SA1 since Dec 2008

I'm a heatlover, but I don't need 30C.

27C will do me fine ... :lol:

Starting 21st July please, or 26th .... right through August would be nice ...

Posted
I'm a heatlover, but I don't need 30C.

27C will do me fine ... :lol:

Starting 21st July please, or 26th .... right through August would be nice ...

Have to say I do agree. 25-27c is more than enough. The only reason I like 30+ is for the warm evenings. 3rd of June was almost perfect for me- max of close to 25c, non stop sunshine and a very warm evening allowing t-shirt outside sitting till 11pm. Pity the rest of the month didn't follow suit.

Posted
On a purely selfish point of view, I would love a summer when 30c+ isnt reached. Its an awful heat - particulary when having to travel to and from work. If I want that heat, I will book a holiday in the med, with an air conditioned apartment and a swimming pool I can casually jump into. Not an office when the temperature is never below 95f and a train carriage (and half the time home/bedroom) rarely reaches below that.

Bah humbug.

I agree!

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
Err didn't you say early June orginally????

Yes, and the ensembles still dont show it, says something about this summer really does'nt it, only came onto the ensembles two days ago, but they do suggest 30C still on the 25th.

Posted
Yes, and the ensembles still dont show it, says something about this summer really does'nt it, only came onto the ensembles two days ago, but they do suggest 30C still on the 25th.

And even if that does happen it'll be a one or two day wonder swiftly broken down by torrential storms, is my guess ....

Stable 25C for a lengthier period would be preferable. Any chance of this in August folks?

Posted

After this weekend, ensembles suggest a chance of 25C+ from the 23rd, they no longer back 30C on the 25th, so 27th at the earliest.

Posted
  • Location: Yorkshire Puddin' aka Kirkham, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom
  • Weather Preferences: cold winters, cold springs, cold summers and cold autumns
  • Location: Yorkshire Puddin' aka Kirkham, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom
30c!!. Bah Humbug indeed. I look forward to the summer when 20c isn't reached.

T.M

That will be almost impossible. Even the coldest summer months will have seen at least one 20C in the UK.

Edited by Craig Evans

Posted
That will be almost impossible. Even the coldest summer months will have seen at least one 20C in the UK.

July 1988 is pretty close to being one of the poorer summer months. In london the highest temperature was never above 22c and in Plymouth it never exceeded 18.0c.

Posted

Gladly yes impossible!

Despite my summer preference I'd never want a winter where it never went below, say 12c (which is equiv of a summer never above 20!) as it'd be as dull as dishwater. To achieve such 'anti extremes' you need a westerly driven season to prop up/keep down temperatures so plenty of cloud, wind & rain... Which most of us find pretty unpalatable.

TM - head to Iceland - summers are perfect for you up ther... Although there is a lot of that pesky daylight around!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
Definitely nice for walking around in but less so for sitting out in. Really missed my midnight beer in the garden in only a t-shirt this summer!

17C is T Shirt weather unless you're a girlie. :lol:

One of the warmest days of the year now at 21.2C and it's rather humid. Indeed it feels very warm so we're getting used to the lower temps.

Posted
Gladly yes impossible!

Despite my summer preference I'd never want a winter where it never went below, say 12c (which is equiv of a summer never above 20!) as it'd be as dull as dishwater. To achieve such 'anti extremes' you need a westerly driven season to prop up/keep down temperatures so plenty of cloud, wind & rain... Which most of us find pretty unpalatable.

TM - head to Iceland - summers are perfect for you up ther... Although there is a lot of that pesky daylight around!

I'd imagine there would be many places in Scotland and Ireland where it is possible.

Posted
One of the warmest days of the year now at 21.2C and it's rather humid. Indeed it feels very warm so we're getting used to the lower temps.

Get this it made 21.6c today and it reached

21.4c same day here.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/archive/ra/20...00120060712.gif

Then almost 30c here at 29.8c.

Rrea00120060718.gif

Posted

30 degrees we'll be lucky to see 25 degrees at this rate here in Newcastle.

Could anyone enlighten me as to the maximum temperature Newcastle upon Tyne has recorded so far this year. I wouldn't be surprised if this occured in April, I don't think we hit anymore than 21 degrees in June and less than that in May.

Posted

It's highly unlikely that anywhere other than the far SE reaching 30oc this year even then it will be pushing it.

It may feel that way with the heat index at times but there ya go. CFS is still holding good ground with its trends. It has worked very well this year and continues to do so. Enjoy the rain and grey muck. Make the most of the few dry spells. :(

Posted

The models and ensembles now seem to rule this out for the rest of the month.

There are plenty of heat sources to tap into to achieve this temp in August and September. But where will the synoptics come from? And the wet ground may play a part in holding back temps.

Posted
The models and ensembles now seem to rule this out for the rest of the month.

There are plenty of heat sources to tap into to achieve this temp in August and September. But where will the synoptics come from? And the wet ground may play a part in holding back temps.

Indeed, you would think that we might need a settled spell with plenty of sunshine to dry the ground out before 30C can be achieved. Saying that I think it's possible anyway in the South East of England with the right synoptics. There is plenty of heat on the continent as you say.

Posted

I'd say two days under a 16C isotherm should do the trick, unfortunatley, this does not look likeely before August.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

There is plenty of very warm air sitting not too far away over in Western Europe, over 40C it many western countries, hottest summer ever with forest fires. All we need is the right synoptics as Duncan said. Either way, if things don't change its not good for many, western europe gets baked, and we get very damp indeed, and no nice evenings to sit outside the pub!