Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow on the way? April 5th onwards cold snap

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
:o Loving the fact the Met Office have now taken my Essex Snowshield Seriously :o

1 of only 3 area in England not under the warning

post-24-1207398991.gif

Paul S

I dont quite get how at this early stage they can pinpoint Essex and Cambs as missing everything, strange realy. Well if Essex miss out, I will too because we tend to get more of what Essex gets around here, the weather down in deapest Kent tends to be a world away particularly where snow is conserned.

Posted
  • Location: Crayford the no interesting weather zone of Kent, (20m asl)
  • Location: Crayford the no interesting weather zone of Kent, (20m asl)
I dont quite get how at this early stage they can pinpoint Essex and Cambs as missing everything, strange realy. Well if Essex miss out, I will too because we tend to get more of what Essex gets around here, the weather down in deapest Kent tends to be a world away particularly where snow is conserned.

yes I agree with you on this one.

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

T+24 fax for 0600 tomorrow morning shows a short-wave trough exiting S and SE England, another trough with meso low moving down the Irish Sea may bring another spell of sleet and snow for Wales, the W Midlands and perhaps high ground of SW England during the morning and early afternoon:

post-1052-1207399936_thumb.png

Then later tomorrow, looks like some troughs running down the eastern side of the UK, with a band of sleet of snow moving down the east over Scotland in the morning and reaching Midlands and East Anglia in the evening and SE by midnight:

post-1052-1207400112_thumb.png

There'll probably be scattered wintry showers in between troughs during the day inland as the strong sun warms the ground and creates convection.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

It is freezing here, 1'C feeling around - 4'C by my (poor) calculations. Frequent heavy snowy showers with very strong winds, I await tonight with excitement :o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

I was looking at those very same Fax chards earlier on, from what I can see the areas that have been removed are somewhat at odds with the Fax charts, particularly the new 06z one which came out just before the weather warnings were in fact removed. Very strange indeed.

Posted
yes I agree with you on this one.

Well I'm keeping my fingers very tightly crossed, I'm sure we will see something at the very least on Sunday evening/night.

Posted

I'm trying to figure out what the eastern extent of tongihts band of snow, the east midlands can foget it as these systems can never get over birmingham. But with 6z london seems very touch and go, gatwick looks ok and guildford should get something from it is my current thinking. If (London-snow) reads this can you check your pm's.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Thanks for the update Nick, who would have 'thunk' it, snow this late?.....just when i was planning to crack out my shorts and fire up the barby :o :o

Posted

Just had a beefy hail shower pass through here.. hoping for this cold snap to be short lived so we can get right into Spring. :o

Posted

What time do you reckon the band of sleet/snow will be over the west midlands, wales tonight ? :o

Posted
What time do you reckon the band of sleet/snow will be over the west midlands, wales tonight ? :o

between midnight and 3am , heres the south east at 6am

post-2826-1207402226_thumb.jpg

Posted
between midnight and 3am , heres the south east at 6am

As expected, missing this area completely...

Posted

At the minute on there charts for what there worth the bbc has it missing the west midlands totally, getting to around gloustershire then going south.

there charts also give leicestershire snow all afternoon, shame it couldn't have happened at night time.

Posted
I'm trying to figure out what the eastern extent of tongihts band of snow, the east midlands can foget it as these systems can never get over birmingham. But with 6z london seems very touch and go, gatwick looks ok and guildford should get something from it is my current thinking. If (London-snow) reads this can you check your pm's.

There a good deal of uncertainty still

Core area looks to be from North Wales down into West Midlands, Cotswolds and Wiltshire. But whilst GFS suggests Somerset could see snow, Mesoscale pushes it further east (and is more extensive in range with areas out to Essex and Kent in for a fall.

Posted

Rain with the smallest percentage of a sleety/hail mix here just now. Temp 7º/-1ºC.

Posted

I see Tulloch Bridge currently has a temp of 0ºC - not bad for mid afternoon April 5th :)

Posted

Judging by the latest bbc news 24 forecast the main area of snow has been moved eastwards clearing se through the london area into parts of surrey eastwards which is a change from earlier on.Its funny thinking of snow for the uk when its nearly 20c here and sunny! :)

It certainly looks an interesting 48hrs coming up for the uk and maybe the last nationwide wintry shot of the season so best to enjoy any snow you get.