Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow on the way? April 5th onwards cold snap

Posted

Having quite a few wintry showers here now, definately more frequent, but glorious spring sunshine inbetween. Temp is suprisingly high 6.7oC.....unless my thermometer is on the blink

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎
At the minute on there charts for what there worth the bbc has it missing the west midlands totally, getting to around gloustershire then going south.

there charts also give leicestershire snow all afternoon, shame it couldn't have happened at night time.

The BBC video weather forecast shows a general snow event overnight across most of the south midlands moving into the southeast by dawn, a slightly different picture to the "static" BBC graphics. :)

Posted

In the heavier showers here we're having hail/sleet and also heard a rumble of thunder in the last shower :)

Posted
there charts also give leicestershire snow all afternoon, shame it couldn't have happened at night time.

Just had a look at the animation and the main band of snow seems to push through a lot faster on the UKMO than what the GFS is suggesting, which is very unfortunate because temps are a lot more marginal in the late afternoon period than they are in the early evening.

On the 15.00 chart it is mainly centred across the north midlands and extends across the W Mids and into Wales. By 18.00 it is clearing the south midlands and about to cross London. So it's going to move very quickly indeed, probably an hour of moderate sleet/snow, not sticking, is the best we can hope for.

Posted

I got a shock just checking the forecast for my location (BH31) to see a heck of a lot more precipitation forecast and lower temperatures! Having checked the forecast for Norwich as well, seems the roles have been reversed! Is this now more of a western thing? If so, that's great! I've not seen snow in this part of Dorset for ages!!! :) Jon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms
Having quite a few wintry showers here now, definately more frequent, but glorious spring sunshine inbetween. Temp is suprisingly high 6.7oC.....unless my thermometer is on the blink

No that seems about right in between showers here I'm reading upto 7.5°C.

Posted

well if there going to me a major snow event on Sunday looking at the radar on here there certainly some big looking showers and very organised over Scotland at the moment

http://www.meteox.com/gmap.aspx?soort=loop...lon=2.900390625

Edited by tinybill

Posted
well if there going to me a major snow event on Sunday looking at the radar on here there certainly some big looking showers and very organised over Scotland at the moment

http://www.meteox.com/gmap.aspx?soort=loop...lon=2.900390625

A bit of lying snow up in Slochd, visible on the Traffic Scotland cams:

http://www.trafficscotland.org/lev/views.aspx?mi=inverness

Edited by NorthantsSnow

Posted

A couple of hail showers here so far along with a rain shower just before

Temperature at 7c, and from the looks of the radio some nice organised bands forming

Kris

http://212.100.247.145/fax/PPVA89.png

12z Analysis out now

Looks like the fella thats gonna cause all the fun and games tonight just into the north of scotland now? Or it may be the one further afield adjacent to iceland currently

The colder air should be filtering through to the whole country in the next few hours, and certainly complete by nightfall

Kris

Posted

Soft hail shower here covered the grass white, my daughter was keen to catch one and eat it :)

Posted
  • Location: Crayford the no interesting weather zone of Kent, (20m asl)
As expected, missing this area completely...

hahahaha yeah I was just thinking that, but hey thats nothing new, should be used to snow by-passing us eh?!!

Posted

Consett, Co Durham strikes lucky again! We woke to about an inch of snow this morning. :)

Although it was forecast, I really didn't believe it after the temps of the last few days.

Unfortunately it didn't last long, and was gone within a few hours of sunrise. There has been a few more wintery showers since, but nothing substantial.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

I just had to make this quick report coz it was a shock .. temps were up to 8.4 0c 5mins ago then we just had a heavy hail shower and with in a minute the temps dropped to 2.2 0c and its snowing lightly although cloud is breaking .

Never seen a temp drop quite like that before :)

Posted

Well the 12z brings the PVA associated with tonight front further east still, if the 18z carries on this process, then the likes of west cambs, the home counties and london could well be in the firing line for a while

http://91.121.93.17/pics/Rmgfs157.gif

http://91.121.93.17/pics/Rmgfs187.gif

http://91.121.93.17/pics/Rmgfs217.gif

Edited by snowking

Posted

There is a moderate risk of a severe event affecting parts of northwest England, northern Wales and the west Midlands. There is a potential for heavy snow, with accumulations of 2 to 5 cm in places this evening and tonight.

heard this before

Edited by dogs32

Posted
Well the 12z brings the PVA associated with tonight front further east still, if the 18z carries on this process, then the likes of west cambs, the home counties and london could well be in the firing line for a while

http://91.121.93.17/pics/Rmgfs157.gif

http://91.121.93.17/pics/Rmgfs187.gif

http://91.121.93.17/pics/Rmgfs217.gif

Yea looks good that looks quite heavy im been planed to do a all nighter for a while now since this come up lets just say i have a great feeling about this a much better one than a couple off weeks back so its all falling into line now and looking great the only thing that concerns me is the temps and i dont want no crap little sleet showers which does not give the snow a chance to settle and the temps also concern me

Posted

heavy hail shower at the mo, not expecting a covering tonight an hour or so of sleet/wet snow is the best i can hope for i think, will still be cool to see

Posted

Here on Tyneside all we have had all day is two light rain showers and one light hail shower all day. How dissapointing when we still have a weather watch on the METO site for blizzards and heavy snow in Tyne and Wear ! Where is it ??

There are a few heavy looking clouds around but hardly any precipitation let alone blizzards. It doesn't even feel very cold outside. Any chance later/tomorrow ??

Is anybody working at the MET today that can update the warnings or have we still got it to come ??

Any ideas ?

Thanks, Karl

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Just had a very heavy hail shower, lasted a good 10/15 mins and left a nice little covering.

Posted
Here on Tyneside all we have had all day is two light rain showers and one light hail shower all day. How dissapointing when we still have a weather watch on the METO site for blizzards and heavy snow in Tyne and Wear ! Where is it ??

There are a few heavy looking clouds around but hardly any precipitation let alone blizzards. It doesn't even feel very cold outside. Any chance later/tomorrow ??

Is anybody working at the MET today that can update the warnings or have we still got it to come ??

Any ideas ?

Thanks, Karl

Typical nature of the showers, shame this Northerly did not come earlier because colder air over a slightly warmer North Sea may of trigger heavier coastal showers.

I wonder why the North Sea showers are so weak, not what you expect of a Northerly but i think i answered me own question on the above paragraph. Lets see if this predicted trough makes up for today.

Edited by Geordiesnow

Posted

well bbc forecast said prolonged snow over kent tonight :)