Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: N&W Yorks, Northern & North East England

Posted
Lets hope those showers make it inland.Leeds has been quite for ages now

Here here...I`m in Morley, and nowt much happening. :lol:

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
I am.

Hope you post pics again Yeti.

:)

Lol I'm staying up too, more out of compulsion - there's just no point in going to bed because I wouldn't be able to sleep even if I did! :lol:

EVERYONE in Yorkshire should now be excited - a potent streamer has aligned itself NW-SE from Scotch Corner to Hull - moving gradually WSW.....

This is the first big one guys.

And yes I will be posting pics again - which reminds me, I need to charge the camera.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Well, here comes the biggest moaner of the night.

So lets take a look at the radar... Big stuff heading into East Yorkshire, fantastic for people up that way. Big stuff been hammering London area for about 250 hours, feels that way anyway... and then inbetween what do you have? Nothingness, we have a 0.5cm frozen dusting and North of us is about to get pasted, South of us has been getting pasted for hours with 3-5 inches and probably another 2-3 inches to come and I am absolutely GUTTED.

Posted

So lets take a look at the radar... Big stuff heading into East Yorkshire, fantastic for people up that way. Big stuff been hammering London area for about 250 hours, feels that way anyway... and then inbetween what do you have? Nothingness, we have a 0.5cm frozen dusting and North of us is about to get pasted, South of us has been getting pasted for hours with 3-5 inches and probably another 2-3 inches to come and I am absolutely GUTTED.

Jesus! Did you run out of prozac? :doh:

It looks like you could see 10cm+ tomorrow, I certainly hope so! :D

The West midlands has a chance of fun...don't despair just yet

Posted

Just been pasted with a 10 minute snow shower. It was very fine snow but a lot of it and visibility was very low . It looked more like fog than snow.

Very excited for the morning.

Posted

Heavy snow showers been packing in here mate for the last half hour... things really starting to pep up and I would expect these showers to make it over to you soon... radar will continue to intensify, right into rush hour tommorow morning.

Posted
Jesus! Did you run out of prozac? :doh:

It looks like you could see 10cm+ tomorrow, I certainly hope so! :D

Trust me it ain't good lol. You know you have a good chance of getting a pasting from those showers soon, people in South East are seeing the best snow event of their lives some of them... and here theres a 0.5cm dusting. Terrible terrible stuff.

10cm tomorrow? According to the GFS precip type forecast it will start off as snow then turn to sleet and rain on the back edge, what an event! :D

Posted
Trust me it ain't good lol. You know you have a good chance of getting a pasting from those showers soon, people in South East are seeing the best snow event of their lives some of them... and here theres a 0.5cm dusting. Terrible terrible stuff.

10cm tomorrow? According to the GFS precip type forecast it will start off as snow then turn to sleet and rain on the back edge, what an event! :doh:

Lol don't worry at the precip type charts - the BBC are going for snow pretty much all the way through in most areas. I'd be amazed if you haven't got near 10cm by the end of tomorrow.

How are things looking Brian?

Notice more showers now moving from N Holland once again into Yorks :D

Edited by Yeti

10cm tomorrow? According to the GFS precip type forecast it will start off as snow then turn to sleet and rain on the back edge, what an event! :doh:

Ah well you choose to live in the tropics lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

Heavy snow started here. but look how much missed us in the run up to it arriving.

Scarborough sat in it's own little hole.. ;)

grrrrrr.JPG

Posted

No falling snow here at the moment and we have about 1-2cm on the ground.

Looking at the radar and the Met Office 3h forecast for Bradford and Huddersfield I expect more white stuff in about an hour or so.

No falling snow here at the moment and we have about 1-2cm on the ground.

Looking at the radar and the Met Office 3h forecast for Bradford and Huddersfield I expect more white stuff in about an hour or so.

Cancel that. It's snowing heavily again!

Posted
Heavy snow showers been packing in here mate for the last half hour... things really starting to pep up and I would expect these showers to make it over to you soon... radar will continue to intensify, right into rush hour tommorow morning.

I'm about 40 miles South of you though, they are going to the North of me ;)

Posted
Sorry but you are most definatley wrong i would say 1-2cm, this is 10cm of snow (5th dec) and you are no where near even that,, with 5-7cm you would be close to this-

Snowing heavy here for past 10mins

The pic below is for the reply above "snowing heavy now"

I did not say 10cms of snow I said 5-7 cms of snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted
I don't wish to rub it in, but I'm getting pasted guys ;)

Yep I bet you are and it's all heading over this way! A friend says it's all happening in York... very close to Harrogate now ;)

A couple of these and we could be at 10cm by dawn.

Posted

Just had a look outside, and there's absolutely no way the kids will get to school tomorrow, if the snow continues as it is.

I simply won't get out of here, and I imagine that the buses we be canceled as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

I was using the www.raintoday.co.uk radar. Now looks like this here ;)

scarb.JPG

Posted

Getting an absolute dumping of very fine snow now, really blowing around in the wind too. Must admit this is pretty darn impressive, and its only 1am!

Posted

Here comes the snow

Take note of this, too -

Behind this first (potent) band, something even more special is making its way behind into E Yorks

B) :o :D:D:D:D:D:D