Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted
I'm shocked , how on earth can all those showers be missing you, looking at the latest radar theres a huge batch coming into your area.

Nick something VERY Wierd is going on, Matty further Up the Coast has had Moderate Precip for 5 hours now like me, Also Deal, Lowestoft, and Paul B is very near the Coast, all reporting Nothing with heavy returns on the Radar, there is something seriously wrong with this set-up for places within 5-7 Miles of the Coast.

I accept Steve Murrs post but think there is more to it than that.

Paul S

Posted
I'm shocked , how on earth can all those showers be missing you, looking at the latest radar theres a huge batch coming into your area.

Radar for East Anglia is very suspect Nick. Many times I've known it to be pouring here when there's little on the radar, and then when its showing something, we're dry! And tonight seems no different.

Posted
Thats good to know as I am recording -2.6. We are in a prime location for overnight and into tomorrow :)

:):) I think I will just have a glass of red wino to toast to that! My poor husband however has been informed (he is on the grit team) they will have to stay in London as they may not be able to get back in to do the next rotation. I think a lot of people are going to have very messed up travel plans tomorrow.

Posted
I'm near to the Sizewell nuclear power stations. Its blowing a gale here, maybe its passing above my head! :) I know the radar is dodgy for this part of the world, but there's definitely no snow falling here.

Interesting Paul as there is virtually now wind here now but heavy snow. Its exceptionally cold as well considering its cloudy and snowing with temps at - 4.8c . When it was very windy earlier it was snowing but not really amoutning to much - I guess the snowflakes get smashed up into powder rather than settling onto one another. The gritters keep going past but its making no difference at all to the roads. I honestly don't think I have seen snow showers like this since 1991 - frontal snow yes, but shower after shower of powder snow is a rare treat!

Posted

Hi -- yes please- After the frontal event I will go for 12-15 inches up there-

Anyway- ive been away to investigate the radar- MUCH MUCh better returns coming back now & the Estuary continues to get even busier-

The track vector for the showers now is Vectored between 265 & 269 degrees west-

Meaning the whole of the thames Estuary is going to get peppered .....

Not long now & We will be off to the races again in Bexleyheath.........

Im still bowled over by some of the temperature reports-....... -4.7c in Maidstone!!!!

S

Echo that..Not sure where you saw the -4.7 but according to xcweather Headcorn reporting -2, Gatwick -3, Biggin Hill -4. Have a look at the surface winds on xcweather...stearing down the Thames and a left turn due S London...spot on for me :lol:

Hands up if you are having an all nighter then ?

Posted
Not every part Davie :lol:

Paul this is how it feels for all us lot while you are out chasing in the US :)

Its been hit and miss here tonight as well as soon as it starts snowing it stops, got a bit of a covering but was hoping for more, i will be shocked if you do not get a good covering by the morning and you will be out with the kids unable to get to work unlike me who walks 100 yards and has no excuse of not getting there :lol:

Posted
on the nw radar there is a hole with nothing over me in clacton, but about 10miles north in the harwich area looks like line showers on there way to colchester, still only dusting here

how come u have a dusting?? i don't ,, are you in main clacton ??

Edited by donna-m

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
Radar for East Anglia is very suspect Nick. Many times I've known it to be pouring here when there's little on the radar, and then when its showing something, we're dry! And tonight seems no different.

Good point, maybe the showers are bubbling up over the coast, and not falling as snow until further inland? But with radar being a bit dodgy it makes it look like they are forming out to sea?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow - I'm an 80 year old kid at heart!
:lol:

HaHaHaHaHa - VERY FUNNY - THANKS!

Posted
So that's all the Thorpe Park rides covered in snow!

Just as well Thorpe park isn't open for the season yet then LOL :lol:

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Very heavy snow in Brighton now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

Looks like a lull for us before the next lot comes across from the Thames.

I am happy with what I have, anymore will be a bonus.

Don't think I am going to drive tomorrow though if the roads are like they are now, would be a very bad idea.

Posted

Paul it is so strange, have a closer look outside, are you sure its not snowing, it is still snowing here, that dry washing powder snow, but coming down fairly heavily, you would never had known i had been out in the car an hr ago, the road has no tyre tracks anymore and the driveway looks like i never went out, have another closer look , you may be surprised

regards

michesnowsbest

Posted
Nick something VERY Wierd is going on, Matty further Up the Coast has had Moderate Precip for 5 hours now like me, Also Deal, Lowestoft, and Paul B is very near the Coast, all reporting Nothing with heavy returns on the Radar, there is something seriously wrong with this set-up for places within 5-7 Miles of the Coast.

I accept Steve Murrs post but think there is more to it than that.

Paul S

Well if this next batch doesn't effect you then I think you've entered the twilight zone! i'm just at a loss to understand why it's not snowing with you. I remember once in the past many years ago there was a situation where the precip evaporated before hitting the ground but it was over a large area,it's all just a mystery, give it another hour before hitting the bottle! :lol:

Edited by nick sussex

Posted
Echo that..Not sure where you saw the -4.7 but according to xcweather Headcorn reporting -2, Gatwick -3, Biggin Hill -4. Have a look at the surface winds on xcweather...stearing down the Thames and a left turn due S London...spot on for me :lol:

Hands up if you are having an all nighter then ?

seems to have stopped snowing here now - first time in nearly 4 hours. boo!