Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted
Snow showers, a few heavy one's, have continued on and off all evening and have kept adding to the couple of cms that fell this afternoon. Lovely glow outside from the lying snow, which is powdery and blowing around in the wind. There are some amazing cloud formations to my south and east. Thundersnow material?? Btw that link with the lightining is amazing - while I was watching the Dancing on Ice programme earlier I thought I saw a flash across the sky, and did wonder if it was lightning. Where was it filmed??

Seems that there are distinct lines of streamers going on across the SE region. Haven't seen any reports from Dover. Folkestone. Hythe way for a while where the snow I had seemed to be coming from earlier - but wherever it is tracking from it is very welcome!! :D

Thats coz nothing is happening here :D

Posted
I'm still shocked, fingers crossed you do well tomorrow. As for going into London, I'd take the day off and take the kids to somewhere nearby which wasn't in that snow shadow! who needs to be sitting in a traffic jam for hours! :D

They will have to go to school Nick, It wont be closed :D

Interestingly the wind seems to have shifted more to an ESE Now, Snow has stopped and breaks are appearing with stars visible, If you run the radar loop looks like the showers are now moving more E-W Or ever so slightly ESE-WNW

Paul S

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Snowing very heavily here in milton keynes now. 1cm and getting deeper very quickly. Air temp is a chilly -3'c currently and the falling snow is blowing around in the strong easterly wind. :D

Got a feeling this could turn out to be the best series of snowfall events this week in this area since the 1980's, im looking to see around 6 inches by the end of tommorrow :D

Edited by SnowJoke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW
Im here just north of you in Reading, we still waiting!

still waiting here on th IOW 2!!! lookin at th bbc radar it shud hit us around 12.45 but im not sure how reliable that is?? gonna giv up soon.....depressed!! :D

Posted

Snowing in Sawbridgeworth which is near Ware. Very Heavy and no doubt on its way to you.

Snowing again now, there's a long stream of snow which I just hope and pray moves across me. -3.1c.

And the radar throws out another image from yesterday! NOOO!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

ooh what's up with the netweather radar? All the snow has gone!

oh duh someone's mentioned it already...oops.

My sub runs out tomorrow...perfect time for NW I'll had to pay for another month for sure now.

Edited by moogyboobles

Posted
does anyone know if these snow showers will die out later on?

think they will round 3am but if the wind changes slighty then the snow showers will move more into kent

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Looks nice and white in Leicester Square tonight - a rare sight:

http://www.camvista.com/england/london/leicestersquare.php3

Snow stopped here for the moment

Guest North Sea Snow Convection
There are streams aren't there. And I am frsutratingly in between two very close togethr ones right now. Haven't been in the heaviest snow for a long time now. Getting bursts of moderate stuff, but nothing showstopping for a while. Some stuff coming up on the nw radar which might catch us more substantially.

Yes, over the last couple of hours I have seen just moderate snow mainly but there was a polystyrene type whiteout around 8pm and some thick flakes following. Now it keeps getting going with some big flakes but then stops again. Still, no complaints - doing pretty well with this! :D

I'm wondering if the stuff on the radar may be the last main lot? There seems to be signs that things are slowing down upstream after that.

Edited by North Sea Snow Convection

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers
does anyone know if these snow showers will die out later on?

My understanding is that it's just gonna keep going all night.

Posted
Yes, over the last couple of hours I have seen just moderate snow mainly but there was a polystyrene type whiteout around 8pm and some thick flakes following. Now it keeps getting going with some big flakes but then stops again. Still, no complaints - doing pretty well with this! :D

I'm wondering if the stuff on the radar may be the last main lot? There seems to be signs that things are slowing down upstream after that.

where abouts on the border do you live? I worked in cranbrook between 4-10pm, and they only had 2cm of snow on the ground. However back here in the Low Weald (Staplehurst) we have 4cm!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

I presume all the radar sites get their data from the same sattelite and that is up the spout?

Posted

Only a dusting here. Does amuse me how I'm always in the wrong place! I nearly went to stay in my place in Surrey (at the foot of Titsey Hill) but was too lazy. Might have been a mistake.

Great reading your reports and love seeing all those photos.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
Looks nice and white in Leicester Square tonight - a rare sight:

http://www.camvista.com/england/london/leicestersquare.php3

Snow stopped here for the moment

ooh how cool. My mate is working there at the radio station, she'll be loving the snow.

Posted
Snowing in Sawbridgeworth which is near Ware. Very Heavy and no doubt on its way to you.

It's here! Heavy-ish, not the largest flakes I've seen but it's awesome! We must be nearly at 4cm now.