Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Night all, its been a pleasure. Although will probably be in and out of bed like a yo-yo.

And Steve, keep that thunder down a bit, I'll be trying to get to sleep. :D

Regards,

Tom.

could this hit the gravesend area??? we have had hardly a snow shower here for 2/3 hours!

No- its all coming down the estuary- Unless your west of the QE2 you wont see it-

SEASONS whats your postcode ( first 3)

Ngt Tom- Another long day tom- probably another 8 hours of snow from dawn-

S

Edited by Steve Murr

Posted

Looks like 3 distinct bands have developed tonight, the first is furtherest north, the second is the thames snow streamer and the 3rd is coming in from the Dover region and I'm lucky enough to be getting quite a good dumping from.

Fully expect to hear quite a few reports of 6 inches by 12z tomorrow before the main frontal system event comes in from France so another few inches possible from that as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)
A single flash of lightning and booming thunder!! Icing on the very snowy cake!!!

I didnt hear that?? I am only about 2.5 miles as the crow flies, so the snow must be dampening out the sound.

Posted

Paul S,

I am perfectly happy for you to have some of our Snow. We have around 3" going on 4 now, still snowing, so can easily let you have some!

Seriously, no Buses, the M25 bogged up. This country is amazing. However, I do know that it is pointless to grit when another shower is going to come along and lay on top of it.

I have quite enjoyed watching it today, my daughters friend got back to Leeds without mishap, which was good as I was worried that the showers were going to be quite bad.

I guess School will text me in the morning. Mind you, the only time they ever shut the School during Snow, was when the Boiler broke down. But, most of their teachers come from Essex, so maybe they will have to cancel.

My eldest teaches in Bushy, so doubt she will be going in. Roads are going to be too bad I reckon.

Oh, and welcome to all the New people today, the more the merrier. Everyone is great on here, so don't just use Netweather for Snow, it's great all year round. I got the only really hot day in the Summer, in which to go to Frinton. Thanks to Netweather!!! AND I got a tan. lol

Posted

After a breif resbite for 5mins back to havy snow again 50p fakes now falling never seen the snow so deep almost half way up my legs and im 6foot 3inches.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

No- its all coming down the estuary- Unless your west of the QE2 you wont see it-

SEASONS whats your postcode ( first 3)

Ngt Tom- Another long day tom- probably another 8 hours of snow from dawn-

S

CB9 mate :D

Looking forward to the next shower now........

The winds can stay in this direction all night, I really don't mind. :D

Seasons

Edited by Seasons

Posted
After a breif resbite for 5mins back to havy snow again 50p fakes now falling never seen the snow so deep almost half way up my legs and im 6foot 3inches.

where in sw london are you, LLWA? just so that i know where to head tomorrow for the maximum depth...!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Wow just seen 205 radar- ano ther 22mm shower developing off to my East- thats 7 inches per hour in the heart of the 22mm band-

S

Did you get any thunder just now Steve? Snow got real

heavy round here about 10 mins ago, thunder and everything is orange looking, wierd realy.

Might get to bed now, how many inches can we expect around here by this morning do you think?

Posted

Up two 18cms now still blizzards. Cant belive how deep it is. They say biggest snow event since 2003 hahahahahaha more like 1991 and could better that aswell :D:D

Posted

Can see from the radar where the thunder came from. Lucky devils.

I remember ours in '04, myself and the kids just sat and watched it. Amazing stuff.

Enjoy

I really should go to bed, but am busy watching my Garden disappear! lol

Posted
where in sw london are you, LLWA? just so that i know where to head tomorrow for the maximum depth...!

Hi mate im in between morden and raynes park stonecott hill to be precise. :D

Steve, how much snow have you got on the ground right now?

I'm doing surprisingly well, looks like another small streamer has set up so I don't totally miss out on the streamer event!

Well more Alpine snow falling as we speak, so realistically closing in fast on 4 inches which is the magic 10cms-

I suupose if I am lucky I could sqeeze another 5-7 cms out over night- which would get me to 6 inches-

I would then need 7 inches tomorrow to break my 1991 record-

hows the streamer-?

Nice snow over CB9 at the moment...

S

Edited by Steve Murr

Posted

Now Guy's don't forget that you think 6" is this big ................................................................................

.................................................................................

lol

Posted

Well more Alpine snow falling as we speak, so realistically closing in fast on 4 inches which is the magic 10cms-

I suupose if I am lucky I could sqeeze another 5-7 cms out over night- which would get me to 6 inches-

I would then need 7 inches tomorrow to break my 1991 record-

hows the streamer-?

Nixce snow over CB9 at the moment...

S

Right guys and girls 50p flakes still falling very heavy and now drifting :D

Posted

got a few good inches here, sounds just like alpine snow underfoot too, squeaky :D

Posted

A pic just posted on another (non weather) forum. Probably from the south somewhere but no location was mentioned.

http://img135.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf0317pm4.jpg

20cm ish? :D

(Topic is here for anyone who wishes to see pics from elsewhere : http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthrea...1537&page=6 )

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
One can only hope so, tasty. I've just seen on the news that some people thrown off the buses in central London had 25 mile walks home. I wouldn't work for someone who expected me to risk my life for presenteeism. No wonder people would rather be on the dole :D

That's appalling! :D:D

Time's certainly have changed... I remember on the railways BR used to have to pay for a taxi (or even a hotel room) if the train didn't complete its journey. It happened to me and I got a freeby 25 mile taxi ride home.

Haven't these employers heard of the internet? In 'extreme' weather the police advise people to only travel if their journey's essential... makes less work for them when they're flat out. And what happens if having struggled in they can't get home again (quite likely with more snow on the way tomorrow) I'd expect the employer to book hotel rooms for the stranded staff. As for keeping an eye on those with children what happens if the school's shut? 5 year olds home alone?

Posted
A pic just posted on another (non weather) forum. Probably from the south somewhere but no location was mentioned.

http://img135.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf0317pm4.jpg

20cm ish? :D

(Topic is here for anyone who wishes to see pics from elsewhere : http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthrea...1537&page=6 )

1/3 of a way up the car wheel is 20cm?

Mind you, if everyone is having a day off school every time it snows, no wonder you cant estimate height/depth reasonably.

Its still not enough to be "snowed in" to warrant a day off work, and this is clearly an exceptional case.

Posted

I LIVE NEAR LITTLE HAMPTON WEST SUSSEX.

WE ARE A COASTAL RESORT, 6 INCHES, WE WOULD ONLY GET IF WE HAD A CHANNEL LOW.

SNOWING ABOUT AN INCH SO FAR

LOL