Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted

Snowing here lightly looks to be a few more showers heading through... :D

oops wrong thread, oh well doubt anyones on the midlands thread now anyway lol

Edited by tom_f123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)
The radar shows the snow is intensifying again :D

Looking far better south of the Thames so far, still some hefty showers around, but I am in no way complaining!

Posted

Took the full force of the south coast streamer :D

Photo evidence below - went from about 1.5cm's to 3 inches in a fairly short space of time. Really wasn't expecting this tonight.

post-5255-1233545202_thumb.jpgpost-5255-1233545295_thumb.jpgpost-5255-1233545236_thumb.jpgpost-5255-1233545342_thumb.jpg

The trip to work is going to be a fun one I feel.......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

This next shower should give a good 15/20 minute heavy fall~

Over n out :D

S (CB9)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Maybe - Maybe not-

Average wheel size is ~ 14 inches- Tyres diameter is ~ 1.5 inches- x2 top 7 bottom - 17 inches-

So half way up is 8.5 inches 21.5cm's-

In the lull here- waiting the next batch-

S

Sounds about right, so 8 inches be 1/2 way up the wheel then, not seen that anywhere yet though, maybe tomorrow though.

About 4 inches still here I guess, might measure it properly in a bit, snow not so heavy now.

Posted

Nooooooo our mini streamer, which set up coming across east kent just north east of the south coast one, is petering out, after showing promising beginnings. To see these vast swathes of snow to the north particularly and also the south is frustrating in the extreme. My two inches or whatever it is now isn't enough!

What is crucial though, I hope you all realise, is whether the ppn tomorrow remains widely as snow or turns to rain in the south east. If it turns, this event is nothing. If it stays, this event is an EVENT, if you know what i mean. And I'll be on a knife edge here i think. good altitude for the south east, 150m, but a touch too far south east for my liking, particularly as the day wears on.

Posted

Oh that is just dumb. GENTLY on the gas! I learned to drive in Snow [yeah, yeah, I am pretty old now] and I was taught how to drive in snow.

Daft people. lol Funny tho'

Posted
About to get on a train to Paddington from S Wales. Is is worth it?

What are you aiming on doing???

Posted
Took the full force of the south coast streamer :D

Photo evidence below - went from about 1.5cm's to 3 inches in a fairly short space of time. Really wasn't expecting this tonight.

post-5255-1233545202_thumb.jpgpost-5255-1233545295_thumb.jpgpost-5255-1233545236_thumb.jpgpost-5255-1233545342_thumb.jpg

The trip to work is going to be a fun one I feel.......

Sorry, don't mean to burst your bubble, but that looks more like just about 1 inch.

Posted

Am off to bed now.

Hope you all get what you wish for. And LLWA, hope you manage to dig yourself out!

Nite all.

CJ.

Oh, good advise about the Boilers etc. Mine is in the Garage, so not so bothered about it. I also have two rectangular tailpipes, so Snowballs would have to be that size!!!

Posted
Assessments for Police Station reps. Around 9 candidates from London and around.

Well if you are aiming on travelling around, then forget it, it seems like all transport has ground to a halt, so you may even be lucky to make it to Paddington. (I live about 1 mile from there and there is at least 5" of snow here already, so more by tmrw)

Could be wrong on the transport difficulties, but there is a hell of a lot of snow around and more on the way, buses have been suspended, as have many rail networks.

May be worth checking with Great Western?

Edited by Sno' problem

Posted

Guys i thought you might be interested in this pic of the dumping we got earlier here in the West mids :D

post-6161-1233546322_thumb.jpg

Posted
Well if you are aiming on travelling around, the forget it, it seems like all transport has ground to a halt, so you may even be lucky to make it to Paddington.

Could be wrong, but there is a hell of a lot of snow around and more on the way, buses have been suspended, as have many rail networks.

May be worth checking with Great Western?

Aye. Not getting to Paddington would be the best result.

If I can get there I can walk (Hyde Park Corner) but don't fancy it. I suspect the candidates will find it harder to get in

Posted
Guys i thought you might be interested in this pic of the dumping we got earlier here in the West mids :D

There is far more to come for you, I am sure!

I have been completely surprised by how much we have here in central London.

Aye. Not getting to Paddington would be the best result.

If I can get there I can walk (Hyde Park Corner) but don't fancy it. I suspect the candidates will find it harder to get in

Not getting on the train would surely be the best result???

Doubt very much that many candidates would make it on time.

Posted
Sorry, don't mean to burst your bubble, but that looks more like just about 1 inch.

:D:D:D

Thats fine - no bubble to be burst :D

The photos weren't really meant to provide evidence of the 3 inches, just got carried away out in the garden.

I've got a flat roof that is sheltered from north easterlies, and that now has a level coating of snow on it, up to the same height as the rim, which is approx 3 inches high. So based my estimate on that.

Posted

The latest radar meto starting to show up reds and yellows currentley 11 inches here now and blizzards im getting tired off snow now :D:D:D NOT :D:D

Just checking the 00z run- the frontal band arrives in London around 12pm-

If we say the Decent Snow showers kicked off at 7pm, then we are 9 hours in to the event with 8 hours remaining of covective poential-

So then... About half way through- although PPN will probably die down from the SE- ahead of the main band-

S

Posted
Not getting on the train would surely be the best result???

Doubt very much that many candidates would make it on time.

Oh yes. That would be great. But sods law is that I'll get there, or at least get close. Then either no bugger will turn up and I'll have hell getting back!

Posted
Just checking the 00z run- the frontal band arrives in London around 12pm-

If we say the Decent Snow showers kicked off at 7pm, then we are 9 hours in to the event with 8 hours remaining of covective poential-

So then... About half way through- although PPN will probably die down from the SE- ahead of the main band-

S

Only half way through mr murr i am now snowed in and have eleven inches now. and the low comeing up from viva france looks very decent to me another 5 inches possible from that could see 30+ from this now :D

Posted
There is far more to come for you, I am sure!

I have been completely surprised by how much we have here in central London.

Certainly hope so!

Must say im suprised of the amounts being reported in the london area, you all deserve it though. :D

The latest radar meto starting to show up reds and yellows currentley 11 inches here now and blizzards im getting tired off snow now

Nearly a foot!!? would love to see some pics in the morning mate :D

Posted
Oh yes. That would be great. But sods law is that I'll get there, or at least get close. Then either no bugger will turn up and I'll have hell getting back!

Seriously, check that you can even get to Paddington, you don't want to spend the day standing on a platform in Reading when you could be regressing on a dustbin lid!

Posted
The latest radar meto starting to show up reds and yellows currentley 11 inches here now and blizzards im getting tired off snow now :D:D:D NOT :D:D

Very heavy snow right now. Simply amazing :D

I told my wife that the kids will not be able to go to school/college and she dismissed my advice.

She will be amazed when ahe wakes up to 8 ins + of snow :D