Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

I'm not going out in my dressing gown just yet but I will back up what Yamkin and LLWA are saying. I am in the same area, it's pouring down and when I measured at midnight it was about 4 inches, it looks over double that now easily.

No it's not 14 where I am but it is more then I remember seeing in my life.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

latest radar is duff!!!! Sod's law...

Posted

13cm here at 4am. Heavy snow now and some wind.

I am starting to think that it is just possible for February 1991's 21cm to be equalled my mid to late morning. Truly extraordinary.

regards

ACB

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
There is a next clump of ppn heading into the London area, but, yet again, the bulk of the snowfall looks set for south of the river,

All good for LLWA, we might need to consider airdrops to keep him supplied!

actually it looks like this next batch could hit central and north london properly too. the snow has really picked up here in the last 15mins. the heaviest its been for a couple of hours

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
Well that pic is around a foot of snow, so if these reports of 10-14inches are true (which im not saying they aren't) then this is truly a memorable event for parts of london, and before the main band has hit which could add another 10cm +?

:o

I have almost that, 5 inches now, 10 inch mini drifts too up my tyres :) ....btw, that is not a foot, more like 8 inches. :o

Posted

This will be LLWA later on this morning at this rate :o

post-6161-1233549678_thumb.jpg

Posted
Look all i am not jokeing or lieing i am telling the truth when i upload the pics later this afternoon you will see by the way scott where are you getting the latest radar from the meto has not updated yet and the nw is not working propley.

Either way, the big clump of ppn that was heading towards you isnt going to disappear, so should be with you in 10-15 mins.

Posted

Hmm a tilt is developing at the tail end of the south coast streamer, which is also pepping up somewhat. Some of these showers look set to head on in to me. Hope is reborn of another cm by morning

Posted

just woke and hoped to be snowed in.....but as i live in snowless cambridgeshire, we have a slight covering and is not snowing.

only good news is i have to drive to watford soon, so i think i'll see more then.

hopeful of some later when the band of snow moves through..

anyone close to me with more lying snow ?

grrr how annoying. Sitting here missing out on all the beast streamers, and then missing out by the tiniest of fractions on the mini streamer. It's just taken on the slightest arc for some reason and is scraping right past me I think.

Guys LLWA isnt lying I 100% believe him-

Hes been under the 12mm an hour rates for the last 5/6 hours- Trust me 14 inches is the truth -

I will give you an example- I sat under this streamer- JACKPOT for the last 40 mins & increased depth from 3.5inches to 5 inches in that short space of time-

i went & took photos & the snowfall was epic-

1.5 inches in 40 Mins- thats 2 per hour ^^ now times it by how many hours hes had ^^

Heres the jackpot radar-

post-1235-1233549800_thumb.png

He is on for the magical 20 inches- as has been pointed out a few times- 50 cms..... :o :o :)

S

Edited by Steve Murr

Posted
This will be LLWA later on this morning at this rate :o

Well yes according to his noted rate of snowfall. I think his snow increased by 3 inches in about an hour...

As someone else said, I'd be happy to be wrong, because those photos would be quite something, but I can't quite believe it.

Posted

Hes been under the 12mm an hour rates for the last 5/6 hours- Trust me 14 inches is the truth -

I will give you an example- I sat under this streamer- JACKPOT for the last 40 mins & increased depth from 3.5inches to 5 inches in that short space of time-

1.5 inches in 40 Mins- thats 2 per hour ^^ now times it by how many hours hes had ^^

Heres the jackpot radar-

He is on for the magical 20 inches- as has been pointed out a few times- 50 cms..... :o :o :)

S

Thankyou steve finally someone belives me ITS TRUE I TELL YOU Current haveing another blizzard.

Posted

Heres the jackpot radar-

S

Okay well maybe I'm being unfair then. If he has 14 inches though that's truly mind boggling.

Posted

S

Too true, I have over 5" in Notting Hill, which is central London in terms of temps etc, so fully expect there to be some heavy falls in the favourable places, and S London is one of those right now!

Posted

Steve those greens look more like 6-7mm rate to me, as much as i'd like to believe it i just can't.

But i would absolutly love to be proved wrong of course because it really would be quite something.

I am awaiting these pics with great anticipation! :o

Edited by tom_f123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Am up to almost 6 inches and off to bed now! :o

Night all

SR

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

Think we just had lightning?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Heres the jackpot radar-

S

seems like people arent exaggerating then. my apologies. this is absolutely amazing for london/se england. how often can we say that we're getting more snow than anywhere else in the country, and people being jealous of us? its been due

Edited by danm

Steve those greens look more like 6-7mm rate to me, as much as i'd like to believe it i just can't.

But i would absolutly love to be proved wrong of course because it really would be quite something.

I am awaiting these pics with great anticipation! :o

My ratios must have been wrong-

So 1:10 ratio-

7mm rate is 7cm per hour- 5 hours = 35 Cms-

job done-

In the lull- more greens gangin up in the estuary- due here 35 mins-

S

Posted

HEAVY SNOW HERE AMAZINGGGGGGGG SCENES BLIZZARD LIKE CONDITIONS 1CM AND GAINING :o :o

So 1:10 ratio-

7mm rate is 7cm per hour- 5 hours = 35 Cms-

job done-

S

As you say steve those rates would still give 30-35cm so really is amazing, the beasterly truly has delivered in this case, to some anyway.

Edited by tom_f123

Posted

Last update from me everyone is getting the hump with me so no more posts although i would love to still blizzards here :o

Posted
Last update from me everyone is getting the hump with me so no more posts although i would love to still blizzards here :o

Not getting the hump mate, its just amazing to be hearing of such amounts in SW london! :o

I'm happy for ya!