Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

20cm here and still snowing hard

[/quote

you sure, 20cms = 8 inches? or 2/3 foot.

Edited by snowray

Posted
worried? why? About what? your not stuck up on the side of a mountain are you in sw london? :doh:

It just keeps getting heavy and heavy have 9 inches now i thought snow was fun i have never experienced such snow in my life and we are hardley into the event. :D

Posted

There seems to be around 4 Streamers going at the moment-

The herts one, the thames one, the one across kent- looks to be Inn on the lake sort of way straddling NW/SE & the west sussex one-

The updated 245 NW radar shows a lot more green building in the stuary again-

the fat streamer lady hasnt even left home yet-

bloody hell- the 00z will be running soon-

S

By the one across kent, do you mean the very tiny developing one north east of the south coast one. Because I'm right on the edge of the front of that and its threatening to sneak its way past. I'm praying it will pep up and become a proper stream and also that it will actually hit me here.

Posted
its not mate im getting a bit worried tbh :doh:

Do you have a shovel? Good, then there is nothing to worry about. I bought in extra Bread [in '91 I had to make my own, there was a run on it, and I promised my family I would never do it again. UGH, it was awful]

I imagine you have power? are warm? Don't worry about work, I suspect CliffRichard is my ex Husband. lol

It will start to melt, even when temps are low, it will still compact.

Unless we are unable to get out for a good few days, then why worry? Houses are built to withstand Snow, and mine is much warmer now it has a nice coating on it.

Chill. It will be fine.

Posted
It just keeps getting heavy and heavy have 9 inches now i thought snow was fun i have never experienced such snow in my life and we are hardley into the event. :doh:

It is an incredible event...starting to snow again here...about to break the 6 inch barrier here in Southwark, SE1

Posted

Hellboy, looks like the band has just shifted a little too far south in the last 15 mins, hardly any snowfall here. The winds look like they have shifted a touch too northerly for my location now but can't complain about the quality of the streamer, quite a big shock actually to be in a streamer other then the thames!

Posted
Do you have a shovel? Good, then there is nothing to worry about. I bought in extra Bread [in '91 I had to make my own, there was a run on it, and I promised my family I would never do it again. UGH, it was awful]

I imagine you have power? are warm? Don't worry about work, I suspect CliffRichard is my ex Husband. lol

It will start to melt, even when temps are low, it will still compact.

Unless we are unable to get out for a good few days, then why worry? Houses are built to withstand Snow, and mine is much warmer now it has a nice coating on it.

Chill. It will be fine.

Nope no shovel down the garage and cant get out the back door.

Posted

11cm here at 3am. Heavy dryish snow with only minimal drifting so far although the wind seems to have picked up a little.

By 8am I imagine that we will have at least 15/16cm or 6".

regards

ACB

Posted

I've noticed the wind change too. Snow is now stuck on my windows!

9" is nothing, you should have been around in the 80's. No cental heating, no Car, but survived. However I am older now, so not quite as keen as I was.

But I do have heating. [God, hope the Boiler doesn't break down]

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
It was well forecast, it wasnt a surprise. Heres some news for you: you are expected to deal with it, in such a way that you can carry out your normal duties for which you are employed.

After all, you expect me to continue to employ you through a not so well forecast and deep recession, dont you?

Tell me about it. For 15 years I used to do a 70 mile commute into London in all weathers, in fact, due to various Tube strikes usually I'd turn up at the office to find only several people had made it — although 80% of them lived in London less than 10 miles from the office. I don't expect anyone to employ me, I do expect my boss to be reasonable, however. Try it, you'll find your staff appreciate you and will make the effort — after all this is a one day event out of +20 years normal weather, it's not their fault if public and private transport packs up.

As it was forecast very well on here, why didn't you sort it out on Friday so they could work from home via e-mail in the eventuality? That's what good managers do, troubleshoot.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!
got another blizzard going on at moment, lost the roads now level with the path

Hi Penny, wlecome to Net-weather. Great to have another member on here from my home town. :D I used to do the weekly forecasts in the local paper (Echo).

Heavy snow again, very good covering here now...............although not quite 7.5 inches :doh: Still a very good fall tho~

Seasons

Posted
Nope no shovel down the garage and cant get out the back door.

Improvise, I used a Childs Blackboard to dig my Car out in Feb '91.

It will be fine, honest it will. You don't live in the middle of nowhere, which is a good start.

Posted
Tell me about it. For 15 years I used to do a 70 mile commute into London in all weathers, in fact, due to various Tube strikes usually I'd turn up at the office to find only several people had made it — although 80% of them lived in London less than 10 miles from the office. I don't expect anyone to employ me, I do expect my boss to be reasonable, however. Try it, you'll find your staff appreciate you and will make the effort — after all this is a one day event out of +20 years normal weather, it's not their fault if public and private transport packs up.

As it was forecast very well on here, why didn't you sort it out on Friday so they could work from home via e-mail in the eventuality? That's what good managers do, troubleshoot.

Quite right.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)
Anothe blizzard here now been going for 10mins

Don't stress, if you get snowed in I will come and save you!!! :D

Just had a quick check outside and there is 5" of snow here in Notting Hill, so there must be far more elsewhere!

Edited by Sno' problem

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

very sexy, but 20 cm= 8 inches level snow would be 2/3 up the wheels of the cars, thats about 10 cm max.

very sexy, but 20 cm= 8 inches level snow would be 2/3 up the wheels of the cars, thats about 10 cm max.

Maybe - Maybe not-

Average wheel size is ~ 14 inches- Tyres diameter is ~ 1.5 inches- x2 top 7 bottom - 17 inches-

So half way up is 8.5 inches 21.5cm's-

In the lull here- waiting the next batch-

S

Posted

A word of caution but make sure your boiler systems are well ventilated, same applies for gas fires aswell. or even better get yourself a Carbon Monoxide detector incase of any blockages in the pipes.

Also before starting your vehicle check the exhaust to make sure the local idiots havent been sticking any snowballs in there, thinking its fun to poison you on your way to work.