Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Pleasant surprise this morning about 7cm, with further fairly heavy snow showers this morning, so more lying now, shame is above 1c it will melt somewhat this afternoon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Anyone else finding the Traffic Wales website very slow?? I love looking at the Storey Arms Met Station Webcam. :lol:

Posted

Boy oh boy. It's nasty outside here in Pontyates. With the wind blowing hard the snow stings your face.

Drifting in places as well. Here some pics from early, currently moderate snow. Accumulating well, about -2.5 here. EDIT: Now have a gap in the showers, sun out -1.

Variations with lying snow, from about 5-10CM in some parts to in excess of 15CM on the grass :lol: Lovely for here!

post-6426-1233657237_thumb.jpgpost-6426-1233657271_thumb.jpgpost-6426-1233657301_thumb.jpg

post-6426-1233657335_thumb.jpgpost-6426-1233657361_thumb.jpgpost-6426-1233657409_thumb.jpg

post-6426-1233657571_thumb.jpgpost-6426-1233657619_thumb.jpgpost-6426-1233657709_thumb.jpg

post-6426-1233657905_thumb.jpgpost-6426-1233657950_thumb.jpgpost-6426-1233658060_thumb.jpg

post-6426-1233657205_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Update from Swansea, snow has stopped but All schools in the county are closed, with the possible exception of:

Tre Uchaf Primary School

St Illtyd's Roman Catholic Primary

Posted
Snowing heavy up in the Gwent Valleys (Blaenavon) and we had a good snow fall yesterday and last night! it has been snowing for half hour and the roads are starting to cover over again!!

How long is this forecast for?

Until 2pm the warning is out for. WOW the flakes here! :lol: :D

Posted

Good morning all, andfor most on here it truly is

The low developed beautifully yesterday evening and a nice circulation developed effecting most of South Wales and Southwest England is i said i was hopeful of yesterday.

Today will see heavy showers continue for a few hours and mostly of snow.

Developments for later in the week!

Ok Below is the fax chart for Wednesday 12z issued

60 hrs before

post-5585-1233657765_thumb.jpg

At this point the 528 dam line ( marked in blue was roughly over north wales. In the latest fax below you will see its moved South by about 50-80 miles.

Also notice the occluded front marked with arrow this will move south also in latest fax chart below. Ok we need the percipitation but if it moved north to quickly this would be rain, it has better chance of being sleet/ snow in latest chart as it stalls it a little. I have marked where the warmer air is on both charts, Its not tropical but its slightly warmer.

In my opinion this remains a marginal but improving picture and with another upgrade could be another top class event.

post-5585-1233657730_thumb.jpg

I hopethis is of interest to someone and if it is i will update with added graphics as they come out for remainder of the week.

ENJOY THE SNOW

post-5585-1233657642_thumb.png

Posted

Was snowing heavy in Barry, but has now stopped and started melting. Lets hope we get a bit more and it starts to settle.

I Live in the Beacons and snow is common but i have never ever seen snow this heavy in my lifetimm nor deep

I did say that we would get this snow, so :D to me.

However I also said that it would not be as bad 2007. so :doh: to me.

The main area of snow has pushed through,and we are now left with periods of sleet and snow, might lighter.

Still very heavy snow outside, probably 4-5 inches, whiteout on all surfaces, but some roofs are having the snow blown off.

Virtually no cars have left the estate, in the past 2-3 hrs.

Looking at the radar some very heavy snow pushing north across most of the South Wales valleys.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Sounds like Cardiff's having a bit of a party to me! :doh: And I can see the culprit - dark menacing sky to the west with big white shafts falling from it. The edge of the cloud keeps nearing my location, are the showers likely to migrate this way or directly northwards.

Posted

right im gunner dig myself out and go for a walk before this sun melts the lot.. No more on the way for me but still enough snow left to have fun with

lol kaz xx

Posted

Well I'm at work at the moment here in Barry, I can see right over the Bristol channel and cannot see any snow clouds.

Looks like that might be it for us now.

Posted
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl

Hi Guys,

Wow - sums it all up!

Just left work in Tongwynlais - taken me 1 1/2 hours to drive home to Bargoed - very bad - jsut got home in time.

Massive amounts of snow up here and coming down really thick - no kerbs in sight - cars parked all over the place!

More to come this afternoon, then tonight and overnight - then another event Thurs/Friday then apossible event Sat/Sun!

Good times ahead for us snow lovers.

JK

Posted

Very heavy snow past 30 minutes settling rapidly on top of our 3 inch this morning even covering the B road out front. This even at 1c.

Posted

Looking at this:

http://www.meteox.co.uk/h.aspx?r=&jaar...;soort=loop1uur

(particularly images for 1130 and 1200, it seems there's a big precipitation about to arrive at mid wales - a significant one possibly?

For some reason 1145 shows nothing (a glitch?), but we could be in for one last big drop?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
It was lovely this morning waking up to a blanket of white, clear blue skies and a lovely sunrise! hmm starting to get cloudier now.

Heavy snow clouds to the west and clear blue sky to the east. The sun is sort of hovering in high cloud from the showers to the west.