Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
We need the french to suck that low pressure south a bit more, come on France help us out here !!!

Indeed, what realy gets me is that Channel lows ALWAYS end up too far South if they are associated with a Snow event for Southern England, Yes ALWAYS even at T12 they regularly change course at the last minute and just end up clipping the South West coastline, since the 70s anyway.

But this one will end up 50 or so miles too far North, trust me its old sod again! :lol:

Posted
Even using the forecast with the most southerly track of the LP (UKMO) I think your location is probably 50-100 miles south of any significant snow risk (possible back end snow can't be ruled out) - it might change but less than 10% chance would be the call right now

Bugger oh well! The Countryside forecast for the week ahead is on soon, I guess that'll give us more of an idea of what's gonna happen!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
Well i am still doubtful - this will be a high ground event only...

The GFS says rain for most areas, turning to snow across the Welsh Mountains and W Midlands for a time later on.

The NMM model says rain for most areas, turning to snow on the very back edge.

UKMO are going for widespread snow in an area roughly enclosed between Cardiff - Brum - Norwich - London - Cardiff.

2 out of 3 says widespread rain. The 546dam is far too close, there is a lot of warm air advection on the S + E flank of this system (hence rain yet again in the SE!). Despite the promising METO graphics for those further north and west than me, I can't see this snow materialising, unless they know something we don't?

UKMO have got it wrong..........AGAIN, trust me. :lol:

Posted
Bugger oh well! The Countryside forecast for the week ahead is on soon, I guess that'll give us more of an idea of what's gonna happen!

I expect the beeb to ramp the snow risk a little - to cover their backsides after a week of under forecast snow events, albeit in difficult forecasting circumstances

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers
dont know where u got your info but its going to get milder here end of the week.

You should really be careful with your wording, as was shown a few days ago even the experts in the METO can have trouble forecasting weather a few hours ahead and here you are making a very specific statement about the weather a week away!

Throw in the fact that according to the senior forecasters in the model thread all indiciations point to a prolonged cold spell makes it harder ro take a statement like that seriously unless you have meteoroligical evidence to back that claim up?

As far as my ability to forecast goes, it's non exisitent but I do predict it will get milder towards the middle of the year.......probably.

I guess it's a problem on a site like this where everyone has their own interpertation on the models and you end up getting opinions on the future weather that frankly sometimes vary so much they are bordering on the ridicoulous.

Still I do enjoy the banter here

Posted

Snow is always a hit or miss weather type, it all depends on slight differation in air temperature and altitude. Or sometimes just a slight change in wind direction! So I don't think we can rule out snow anywhere just yet. :lol:

You should really be careful with your wording, as was shown a few days ago even the experts in the METO can have trouble forecasting weather a few hours ahead and here you are making a very specific statement about the weather a week away!

Absolutely right, with the exception of tornado's snow is the most difficult sort of weather to forecast!

Posted
UKMO have got it wrong..........AGAIN, trust me. :lol:

Well i hope so - even if we don't see snow, I hope the Midlanders see rain as well (like all models except the UKMO are predicting!). Not only would that spoil their fun, but it would also wash their current snow away! :lol:

Posted
Well i hope so - even if we don't see snow, I hope the Midlanders see rain as well (like all models except the UKMO are predicting!). Not only would that spoil their fun, but it would also wash their current snow away! :lol:

:lol: Not nice, how could you say such a thing. :D

What I have noticed though is some of the posts from people around the country (from Locations that generally do well every year compared to our 1 year in 20) that seem to get genuinly grumpy when it snows anywhere in London and to the South East of London, like the snow is all theirs. :D

Posted

Just watched the Countryfile weather for the week and I must admit tomorrow/Tuesday looks very scary :lol: will it come true or another OTT prediction?

The two inches of snow we have on the ground still looks so pretty though! and it's great now that the roads are relatively clear.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme
Despair not fellow snowless southeasterners, we will get snow on Tuesday morning according to the BBC graphics, with a biting northerly wind to boot :)

Lets hope so this week has been a bit tedious to say the least watching the news every night and feeling like we were in a different country!! Anyway a good storm will provide a bit of action even if it does'nt snow and then there's always the end of the week to look forward to ..........maybe :bad:

Posted
Can't see alot happening tbh, same situation as Friday evening, might see some snow in the wind but that will be about it!

Yeah - notice how our thread is the quietest, considering we have the largest population? :doh:

Heads up. We have an Early Warning :) For heavy rain !! :cold:

Edited by maidstone weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Its a shame but I guess there isn't much to say - we can only hope we can get some back edge snow on Tuesday but even if we do, will it be much...?!

Not for me I suppose being right down here on the coast!

I still looking forward to what the next few weeks bring :cold:

Posted

you wouldnt want to be working for the met office at the moment. extraordinary difficulty in calling the "winter storm". my personal opinion for london is heavy rain turning to sleet and then maybe a tuesday snow event, albeit slight.

Posted
What do you guys reckon will happen in Hertfordshire in the next few days (about 30-35 miles NNE of London?)

It's hit or miss - just curious, did you get snow on Thurs/Fri? I'm 25 miles NNE of London and we had rain all day Thursday and very little snow on Friday. Only 10 miles NW of me in Stevenage they had inches of snow. If it's anything like that again then you and I can expect rain again until late evening/overnight.