Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Scotland

Ross B

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time
Morning all,

-7.4C in Perth. At Dalwhinnie at 17.50 it was -6C on the car guage. Kingussie had 8 inches of level snow yesterday at 9.00 with up to 2 foot drifts in the open. Aviemore has close to 12 inches in the village. Wish we could get some action in the lowlands. What days this week is there likelihood of snow for Scotland?

tonight, tomorrow morning, maybe wednesday, thursday or friday but no guarantees

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw
for you at least!!

its touch and go for snow here but i'm still quite hopeful of some good snow later on in the night

good news!!!!!!! the 06Z shows snow here from midnight onwards

perhaps not heavy till morning but at least that's something!

the 18Z last night was the poorest run i'd seen but the charts offer some hope for us in fife/lothians/dundee

:o

Yes, there is the worry that it will disintegrate before it even reaches me, - like the BBC seem to think anyway. Just hope it does reinvigorate a bit as it passes over the Irish Sea. The best we had was ~7 cm last monday - been waiting patiently since then for another decent dump. Still, much of what fell on monday survived the following damp squib on tuesday and is still lying, showing how cold things have been in general - can only be good. Long may it continue....

Hope you get some too by tomorrow morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time
Mine is still there - though it's now yellow !

it was always yellow!!

the orange was for ice

the met office never really ramped up their warnings for this at all

Posted

GFS 6z shows decent snow coming in on a northerly on Tues night into Wed...

Still looks baltic all week

The warning were for Orange yesterday for Heavy Snow today-issued at 1121 7th...

Edited by Graeme B

Posted

Hello out there! We're snowed in here at Lower Voe in Shetland. Sitting under several inches of lovely thick snow. Will have to get photo's uploaded later.

Any idea what toon is like Shetland Coastie?

North Roads seem a bit bad from what i've heard.

Posted
Snow at Murrayfield today??

It's on the way! Irish friends been reporting it.

http://www.sat24.com/

Yes, the warnings have been pulled - orange did cover many regions for heavy snowfall, not ice. The Meto suck!

they do

but remember how previous warnings have worked out.....

last monday night, for example

Guest Shetland Coastie
Hello out there! We're snowed in here at Lower Voe in Shetland. Sitting under several inches of lovely thick snow. Will have to get photo's uploaded later.

Any idea what toon is like Shetland Coastie?

North Roads seem a bit bad from what i've heard.

Twa or tree inches here in Gulberwick. No idea whit lik da toon is no been oot o da hoose! Wis a moorie here at 9 but its sunny ee noo.

Posted
  • Location: South Lanarkshire Glasgow. Lat : 55.8N Lon : 4.1W ASL : 71m

morning all logged in and will be reporting any snow activity today. here in south lanarkshire its Baltic out there this morning yes i see the met office has

downgraded again but expect as the weather front moves in it will update the warnings

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
http://www.sat24.com/gb

Going to be interesting if nothing else - there's a couple of heavy "back edges" that look like they'll cross right over us.

Still whether they have ppn in them is another question.

Just watched a BBC forecast and I think our chance has gone now as the apparent massive weather front much talked about yesterday, looks like it has been pushed further South and West giving Ireland, South West Scotland, North West England and Wales the best of any precipitation/snow? :rolleyes:

I don't think we can even buy an event during this cold spell :)

We will just have to live with the crumbs at the mo!

Big Innes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Still seems to be heading for the central belt with reasonable vigour. Turning north a little as it goes.

Surely this can't just peter out.

T = -2.7 C, DP = -5.4 C

Posted
Just watched a BBC forecast and I think our chance has gone now as the apparent massive weather front much talked about yesterday, looks like it has been pushed further South and West giving Ireland, South West Scotland, North West England and Wales the best of any precipitation/snow? :cray:

I don't think we can even buy an event during this cold spell :doh:

We will just have to live with the crumbs at the mo!

Big Innes

don't despair!!

the current forecast is based on a pretty dire gfs run from last night that said the snow would miss us

the current gfs run shows snow over us tonight, as does sky weather

keep an eye on the weather radar and keep watching the forum

maybe shuggee will give us his thoughts on the snow later on

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.
don't despair!!

the current forecast is based on a pretty dire gfs run from last night that said the snow would miss us

the current gfs run shows snow over us tonight, as does sky weather

keep an eye on the weather radar and keep watching the forum

maybe shuggee will give us his thoughts on the snow later on

The BBC forecast is mainly based on the UMKO model, not the GFS...?

Posted
The BBC forecast is mainly based on the UMKO model, not the GFS...?

my mistake, sorry

anyway what i meant what that the model the met office must be using is pretty much the same as the 18Z run

the met office are fairly slow on updating forecasts so i'm still confident of some snow

Posted
Lots of snow in NI now

Here's tomorrow mornings snow chart, just in time for rush hour!

prectypeuktopo.png

yaaaaaaaaaay!!!!

Posted

well my fav sky weather presenter Francis Wilson reckons the snow front will be apon us at around 3pm his forecasts always seem on the button for me

his models are always different to the ones shown on the beeb but jeez he need to get a better fitting whistle

quick update cloud cover increasing now

Edited by glasgow-guy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
my mistake, sorry

anyway what i meant what that the model the met office must be using is pretty much the same as the 18Z run

the met office are fairly slow on updating forecasts so i'm still confident of some snow

Hi cwpiper,

The latest BBC forecast which I caught at 11.00am seems to show even less of a chance for anything out of this system for the east of Scotland.

Interestingly, they now talk about a severe winter storm brewing in the Atlantic to the South West of England which makes land fall to the South coast of England moves North to about the midlands hits the cold air and bang, yep Blizzards for these areas. Heavy snow & stong winds = dissruption!

Still, it should be a nice cold,dry and Sunny day here. :D

Big Innes

Edited by Big Innes Madori

Posted

Am still watching the potential snowfall here with interest. I think we're gonna get something later/overnight.

The current lump over NI/Ireland is producing snow. The temps are warmer there than here and the system is moving in from the west. A little interaction with the Irish Sea should pep up some showers too.

post-8552-1234093070_thumb.jpg