Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Scotland

Ross B

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Only finally climbed above zero here at 1 pm.

Currently T=0.7C DP = -4.5, cloud starting to build.

Posted
  • Location: South Lanarkshire Glasgow. Lat : 55.8N Lon : 4.1W ASL : 71m
Idealy I'm hoping for 5pm onwards for Edinburgh, no idea when it will arrive though I'm not very good at juding things like that but I'm hoping when the sun decides to bugger off and stop warming up the place it shall fall as snow.

well the sun has gone here being drowned out by the increasing cloud. thats got to dip temps a bit perhaps a situation like that could be favorable Edinburgh way

Posted
Heavier still here, starting to lie on the car windscreen now. Not much, but it's beginning...

Same here, a heavier bit seems to have developed over us according to the radar B)

Posted

Damn you Ayrshire lot to hell B)

Don't use up all our snow (as my little girl says).....

Can I just add, that having a thread like this, make Netweather so much better (and rewarding) than sitting cowering in the shadows trying to understand GP's posts...Roger - I just nod knowingly and think "What the hell is he talking about"....

MMA/GWO/NWO/CIA/FBI/NSA - it's all double dutch to me :o

Shugs post yesterday was brilliant, as it helped explain a lot about what to look for etc....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Blizzards, Storms, Sun, Lightening
ahh the met-office wish they would make their mind up? i still think it will hit us later this afternoon met-office will change again after 6pm i am sure of that

WhiteXmas hows things looking where u are?

Hi g-g it has been overcast for the last while although it doesn't look like there is any ppn held in these clouds. The main front hasn't arrived though so I am not too fussed. Temperature is hovering around 1c so when the front comes in it will probably drop below freezing level. I'm just about to update my radar subscription so I can have a better idea B)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Wouldn't mind experiencing some of that winter storm tomorrow night. That looks vicious! The 06z wont set the heather on fire for here either the majority of next week. I hate bloody northerlies, they're so boring!

Edited by Blitzen

Posted
Can I just add, that having a thread like this, make Netweather so much better (and rewarding) than sitting cowering in the shadows trying to understand GP's posts...Roger - I just nod knowingly and think "What the hell is he talking about"....

MMA/GWO/NWO/CIA/FBI/NSA - it's all double dutch to me B)

Shugs post yesterday was brilliant, as it helped explain a lot about what to look for etc....

I agree whole heartedly and on the plus side I wouldnt have passed my met module without these guys replying to me panic screams for help. I do love these threads, I learn more from them then I did at uni last semester. in a thread like this I can atempt to apply the textbook of facts we got thrown at us. Edited by sammie

Posted
ok who wants to place there bets on time of arrival i am going for 3pm here in Glasgow "hoping Francis Wilson is right"

I don't think it will be here until after 4pm. Although this is only because the wind speed is very low if it changes it could be sooner.

Posted
Damn you Ayrshire lot to hell B)

Don't use up all our snow (as my little girl says).....

MMA/GWO/NWO/CIA/FBI/NSA - it's all double dutch to me :o

well ayrshire could fast turn to rain at anytime they wont hog the snow for long

Posted
well ayrshire could fast turn to rain at anytime they wont hog the snow for long

That will mean we just use up all the rain rather than snow. Either way we'll be having it :lol: But it will be snow...

The snow is now settling on roads and pavements :)

I've just set up the HD video camera to try and get some sort of timelapse.

Posted

I think Glasgow Guy is attempting some sort of reverse psychology by being a harbringer of doom here. If this is a big non-event he can claim he told us so but if it snows well then he can claim he doesn't care that he was wrong because he enjoyed the snow.

So, I am going to jump on his bandwagon, despite the fact that the snow is getting heavier and thicker here I predict the sun will be out and I will be having a barbeque in 10 minutes :lol:

Posted
I think Glasgow Guy is attempting some sort of reverse psychology by being a harbringer of doom here. If this is a big non-event he can claim he told us so but if it snows well then he can claim he doesn't care that he was wrong because he enjoyed the snow.

So, I am going to jump on his bandwagon, despite the fact that the snow is getting heavier and thicker here I predict the sun will be out and I will be having a barbeque in 10 minutes :lol:

no you have got it wrong its predicted to be wet snow it has stalled over water it could go either way for any of us rain sleet or snow.

i am glad you are enjoying the falling snow but all i am saying is that it could turn the other way enjoy :)

Posted

It looks to me as if the ppn is intensifying as it crosses the Irish sea. Could be interesting for later on! :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Getting a little warm here for my liking. Good to hear it is falling as snow further west.

post-9421-1234102635_thumb.jpg

Posted
Going by what I can see from the met office radar, maybe this won't last for long? Is that a fair assessment?

I hope not but you might be right! MO warning does say for outbreaks of snow to continue overnight although I realise that's to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Posted

Just started snowing here :D nice fluffy flakes lol. Stuart you need to remember it is a slow moving front and the tail of end of it looks to have some heavy showers coking with it; possiby streamers.

Posted
Just started snowing here :) nice fluffy flakes lol. Stuart you need to remember it is a slow moving front and the tail of end of it looks to have some heavy showers coking with it; possiby streamers.

yes started snowing here as well hmm looks like my prediction of 3pm wasn't far wrong

Posted

A few pics - the people are out in the park (it's only behind the garden fence so very handy) so I went to try out my new cameras movie mode - thought I'd do a few stills while I was there.

I let the cats out as they were winging about it, and left the door open while I did it. When I came back they had both snuck back in and were hiding upstairs. I don't think they like snow very much! Wusses...

post-5343-1234103195_thumb.jpg

post-5343-1234103207_thumb.jpg

post-5343-1234103321_thumb.jpg