Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Scotland

Ross B

Posted
God - this is worse than waiting for Santa to come

:D

If Santa Claus only comes once a year, what does poor Mrs. Claus do the other 364 nites? I feel bad for her...... :D

*sorry, off topic*

Posted
At least it's over water, could be worse I supose.

It looks like it did stall over the water, which hopefully means it will have picked up more moisture. I would be very worried if it had stalled over land.

It's looking far better than I expected it to this morning, well afternoon now, I wasn't too hopefull going to bed this morning.

The radar confirms that it has intensified over the Irish Sea :spiteful:

Posted
it was always yellow!!

the orange was for ice

the met office never really ramped up their warnings for this at all

The radar confirms that it has intensified over the Irish Sea :lol:

Aye very good - but where's it heading ?

:spiteful:

Posted
  • Location: South Lanarkshire Glasgow. Lat : 55.8N Lon : 4.1W ASL : 71m

then the snow could be far worse than we expected which is very good to hear :spiteful:

Posted
Yes! I'm not a complete idiot! :spiteful:
Aye very good - but where's it heading ?
I'm getting paranoid about this missing Edinburgh now, oh god I am now not going to get any work done all day, I can't look away from the radar.

Posted

That's what I'm talking about....just a little nudge north eastwards, and we're laughing *

It could do with slowing down slightly, as whilst the temps here are still just hovering around freezing, it'd be much better for it to arrive post dusk.

* I reserve the right to call this as rain when it hits here :lol:

Posted
Yes! I'm not a complete idiot! :D

Could have fooled me :D Only kidding, i was just posting that fact for the benefit of everyone else :p

Posted
Could have fooled me :D Only kidding, i was just posting that fact for the benefit of everyone else :p
I get really worried about posting anything on here that it will be wrong and I'll get eaten. :D

Posted
I'm getting the funny feeling I am too close to sea level to get anything significant some how.

honestly mate i think this could easily turn to rain very quickly no matter where its predicted to fall today so i really wouldn't worry to much :D

Posted
I get really worried about posting anything on here that it will be wrong and I'll get eaten. :D

Dont worry, i'll get them. Scots stick together :D

It's 3 degrees in Prestwick with a -3 dewpoint, is that ok for stuff to fall as snow would you reckon?

Yep :p Not for settling snow though. 2c here with dew -2, temps should fall once it starts snowing anyway.

Posted
It's 3 degrees in Prestwick with a -3 dewpoint, is that ok for stuff to fall as snow would you reckon?
It might just be enough I'd say it was margonal but personally to feel comfortable I'd like the air temp to drop a bit...
honestly mate i think this could easily turn to rain very quickly no matter where its predicted to fall today so i really wouldn't worry to much :D
I'm going to be cynical this time around, still going to be very interesting to see how this pans out what ever way it goes.

Posted

Tiny little flurries here in Coylton now, seems to be getting a little heavier but wouldn't read much into it as it's barely worth mentioning right now.

Posted

ok who wants to place there bets on time of arrival i am going for 3pm here in Glasgow "hoping Francis Wilson is right"

Posted
ok who wants to place there bets on time of arrival i am going for 3pm here in Glasgow "hoping Francis Wilson is right"
Idealy I'm hoping for 5pm onwards for Edinburgh, no idea when it will arrive though I'm not very good at juding things like that but I'm hoping when the sun decides to bugger off and stop warming up the place it shall fall as snow.

Posted

Getting noticeably more heavy here now, mainly all the wee flakes are falling downwards whereas 5 minutes ago they were all just blowing about, flakes getting a little bigger too.