Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Scotland

Ross B

Posted
  • Location: South Lanarkshire Glasgow. Lat : 55.8N Lon : 4.1W ASL : 71m

i cant see Glasgow u guys must me getting it hard still pretty heavy here slowly laying

Posted

Snowing here in Irvine... very small flakes, think this will continue on and off for a good few hours, tho i reckon only a couple of cm will be achieved.. whats the snow chance for this week..? IMO looks like another coolish week with snow unlkely in the west...... any comments..??

Posted

Well after the start of the backtrack with the 18z last night predicting far less ppn than before, and the tv forecasts showing little moving into eastern Scotland I'd lost all interest (again). But looking at the radar - hmmmm, interesting :shok:

Posted

I can see why the meto think it will be on and off all night here, some heavy showers spawning behind the front over N.Ireland :shok:

Posted
The high cloud is over Aberdeen now - are we expected to get anything from the coming front or is everything progged to be further south?

If i didn't have access to a weather radar I'd be really confident that it's going to snow lightly in the next half hour - becoming more overcast all the time.

I don't think the main band will reach us however Shuggee has just mentioned eastern Scotland, probably Edinburgh though

Edited by Zerouali lives

Posted
If i didn't have access to a weather adar I'd be really confident that it's going to snow lightly in the next half hour - becoming more overcast all the time.

I don't think the main band will reach us however Shuggee has just mentioned eastern Scotland, probably Edinburgh though

Will have a look at the 12z NMM MOdel later to see the prospects for the east - and the north east. But stop being so greedy ZL - we've not had snow on the ground since Monday 4pm last week <_<

Posted

Temperature 1 and dewpoint 0 about 8 miles from me now, thankfully I am at about 90 metres and 8 miles inland, don't like the trend though...

Posted
Will have a look at the 12z NMM MOdel later to see the prospects for the east - and the north east. But stop being so greedy ZL - we've not had snow on the ground since Monday 4pm last week <_<

I know - I'm getting spoiled!

We now have 15" in the west part of Aberdeen - much less than where i am n the city centre - I think that total will top 20" by Friday.

Edited by Zerouali lives

Posted
I can see why the meto think it will be on and off all night here, some heavy showers spawning behind the front over N.Ireland <_<

Maybe it will be too warm behind the front though?

I don't know though <_<

Posted
If i didn't have access to a weather radar I'd be really confident that it's going to snow lightly in the next half hour - becoming more overcast all the time.

Depends if it can get over the mountains - that rain shadow effect often means we end up dry from westerlies.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Blizzards, Storms, Sun, Lightening
http://www.netweather.tv/forum/index.php?act=Stats

<_< - Some of us Scots are in the top 20 for today !

That Jayfromcardiff is in it but he talks the biggest load of *****. lol it's all one liners. Ah well, let's hope that area of cloud moving over from NI will bring loads of snow tonight <_<

Posted

On Sat24 - are those streamers forming as they come across the Irish sea ? Something certainly seems to be brewing as the front moves over Ireland and the sea to the mainland.

The temp here is falling away, so my hopes are starting to raise again...

Posted

There's already a couple of cm's in an hour here so that is promsing certainly. The only downer today is that those shepherds are beating us in the rugby <_<

Posted
On Sat24 - are those streamers forming as they come across the Irish sea ? Something certainly seems to be brewing as the front moves over Ireland and the sea to the mainland.

The temp here is falling away, so my hopes are starting to raise again...

Looksl like it Graeme. I'd mentioned that previously an hour or so ago. If it is then it will be interesting to say the least for some places. Along with the area of the front due to move in later there could be bigger accumulations than what the meto were anticipating ie: 10cm+. Still snowing here albeit a bit lighter than earlier.

Posted
There's already a couple of cm's in an hour here so that is promsing certainly. The only downer today is that those shepherds are beating us in the rugby :(

its really cold as well could do with more wind it usually picks up before sun down but all looking promising

Posted
Depends if it can get over the mountains - that rain shadow effect often means we end up dry from westerlies.

Those showers offshore have merged together - looks moderate to heavy too.

Pity we missed them - would've added another inch or 2!

Posted

Just been reviewing the radar and the ppn is demonstrably declining all the while - but at the same time the showers into NI look reasonably beefy. Could be a damp squib or at most, adequately interesting it seems.