Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Scotland

Ross B

Posted
  • Location: South Lanarkshire Glasgow. Lat : 55.8N Lon : 4.1W ASL : 71m
Am still watching the potential snowfall here with interest. I think we're gonna get something later/overnight.

The current lump over NI/Ireland is producing snow. The temps are warmer there than here and the system is moving in from the west. A little interaction with the Irish Sea should pep up some showers too.

it reported that it will fall as wet snow but it will quickly lie very dangerous to drive in with potential for it to freeze over night

Posted

a lot of cloud cover sitting over the campsies its coming

Posted

Not sure if anyone has noticed but the weather warnings are out again for Strathclyde, SW Scotland, Lothian and Borders in addition to NI. Very much hope this comes off but I also hope it spreads to you guys in the East who are just as snow starved as ourselves!

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/st/...t_warnings.html

Posted

ahh the met-office wish they would make their mind up? i still think it will hit us later this afternoon met-office will change again after 6pm i am sure of that

WhiteXmas hows things looking where u are?

Posted

Is it just me or is that front moving quite slow? I checked it last night about 3am before I went to sleep and now and it doesn't seem to have moved that much?

Still have no idea what is going on outside because the uni weather station is till broken, but its bright out and I have just woken up so I am not burning my eyes of that quickly today.

Posted
Is it just me or is that front moving quite slow? I checked it last night about 3am before I went to sleep and now and it doesn't seem to have moved that much?

Well, I reckon the flamin' thing is going backwards at this rate. You're right, it's not moved much

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!

Posted
Well, I reckon the flamin' thing is going backwards at this rate. You're right, it's not moved much

it may well pick up more moisture meaning a larger dumping for us when it gets here

Posted

Still have no idea what is going on outside because the uni weather station is till broken, but its bright out and I have just woken up so I am not burning my eyes of that quickly today.

Yes, I had the same thought. It means that wherever it falls as snow could be quite interesting. Although having just seen the Netweather alert, low ground is expected to only have 1-3 cms which is pretty pathetic really considering what some people have been getting! Better than nowt though so I'd better not complain!

Posted
Yes, I had the same thought. It means that wherever it falls as snow could be quite interesting. Although having just seen the Netweather alert, low ground is expected to only have 1-3 cms which is pretty pathetic really considering what some people have been getting! Better than nowt though so I'd better not complain!
ahh good it's not just me! I thought I was going crazy. 1 - 3cm is still far more than we have had in recent years, authough the old woman who insisted on smacking in to me yesterday with a trolly while I tried not to die in the supermarket (never going on a Saturday afternoon again) kept telling me this is nothing compared to what used to fall.

Then again way before my time :cold: I'd be seriously happy with 1cm.

Posted
that would be great

Hi Cookie

Do you think there will be snow in Lewis today/tomorrow?

All the forecasts seem to say all quiet and clear.

Only, if that's possible I'll tell my mum to stay in tonight. She only lives in Coll, but she just can't handle difficult driving conditions.

Posted
Has started snowing in Ayr. Wasn't expecting anything so soon, although it's just a light flurrie just now

That is very good news :D

Posted
At least it's over water, could be worse I supose.
it may well pick up more moisture meaning a larger dumping for us when it gets here
It looks like it did stall over the water, which hopefully means it will have picked up more moisture. I would be very worried if it had stalled over land. Edited by sammie

Posted
Actually, it looks like it's got its act together. Looking like a proper front again after appearing to split slightly last night:

http://www.sat24.com/

It's looking far better than I expected it to this morning, well afternoon now, I wasn't too hopefull going to bed this morning.

Posted
At least it's over water, could be worse I supose.

It looks like it did stall over the water, which hopefully means it will have picked up more moisture. I would be very worried if it had stalled over land.

although it will have got milder over the irish sea it will bump into colder air over land hence why its really predicted to be wet snow