Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Watching The Channel Low

Mondy

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
I'm sure theres a support group somewhere to help you get over it! :) At least you've managed to build a snowman some areas of the east and se haven't seen all that much snow so I doubt they'll be holding a candlelight vigil to mourn the passing of it! :) I'm sure you'll see some more snow so cheer up!

I agree it's sad when you beloved snowman melts away due to sunny or wet weather. Perhaps we can have a special memorial thread with pictures titled " League Of The Fallen Snowpeople" :lol:

Posted
My snowmans going to die before the snow turns up :lol: He is a beaut aswell, never built a 6 foot snowman before and he's been standing there since Tuesday last week without melting at all, stupid rain!!!

LOL at least your snowman was huge - the carrot I used for my snowmans nose was bigger than the actual snowman itself lol, hence it wasnt long before it became decapitated lol kids were chuffed with it tho lol

cant realistically see any snow potentialy for my area for tonight/tomoz as this low does its thing, hugely wet outside and not particually cold.

Guest North Sea Snow Convection
My snowmans going to die before the snow turns up :lol: He is a beaut aswell, never built a 6 foot snowman before and he's been standing there since Tuesday last week without melting at all, stupid rain!!!

Think yourself lucky you have been able to build one.

A less IMBY view would sympathise with some folk who have seen next to nothing during this entire cold spell. And I can say that as one the lucky people in the SE who saw a fair amount of snow this time last week and also very fortunate to get a light covering of snow on Friday night too. Although most of it didn't last out Saturday.

There will be more opportunties for everyone ahead - so some perspective is best kept I think.

Edited by North Sea Snow Convection

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

:):) Black rubbish bin liner.... Sounds like a good idea but I wonder what the neighbours will make of it! Probably think i'm gone in the head :lol: "There goes Andy, whats he doing? He's only gone and placed a bin liner over his snowman" :):)

and Snowjoke that sounds like a great idea! LOL I have pictures of my beloved friend and I could put them into the league of fallen people thread :) I'm going to be like the kid on the snowman film tomorrow morning...

0.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
and Snowjoke that sounds like a great idea! LOL I have pictures of my beloved friend and I could put them into the league of fallen people thread :) I'm going to be like the kid on the snowman film tomorrow morning...

0.jpg

God I love that film... I even like the music, how sad is that?

Posted
:lol: :lol: Black rubbish bin liner.... Sounds like a good idea but I wonder what the neighbours will make of it! Probably think i'm gone in the head :lol: "There goes Andy, whats he doing? He's only gone and placed a bin liner over his snowman" :):)

and Snowjoke that sounds like a great idea! LOL I have pictures of my beloved friend and I could put them into the league of fallen people thread :lol: I'm going to be like the kid on the snowman film tomorrow morning...

0.jpg

As a weather lover that has to be one of the most upsetting and harrowing pictures i've ever seen!!!!! :o

I'm suprised the mods have not removed that post! :D

Don't worry - you are not the only one!

Good luck to those of you who are in the snow zone! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Same here :) I used to cry when I was a kid and he melted at the end, in fact i think I still had a tear in my eye when I watched it a few years ago and i'm nearly 21 now!

Posted

Raining here. Temp is 3deg - fortunately the rain's not hard enough to wash any of the deep-lying show away -yet!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Bleck.

I hate rain.

Been raining here since 9.30am, it is grey and miserable and wet and last night's snow is more or less gone now.

Doesn't it make you want to hibernate?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.
Think yourself lucky you have been able to build one.

A less IMBY view would sympathise with some folk who have seen next to nothing during this entire cold spell. And I can say that as one the lucky people in the SE who saw a fair amount of snow this time last week and also very fortunate to get a light covering of snow on Friday night too. Although most of it didn't last out Saturday.

There will be more opportunties for everyone ahead - so some perspective is best kept I think.

I take it you have seen the METO update then Tamara :) Screams of a n/e outbreak.

Posted
I'm sure theres a support group somewhere to help you get over it! :lol: At least you've managed to build a snowman some areas of the east and se haven't seen all that much snow so I doubt they'll be holding a candlelight vigil to mourn the passing of it! :) I'm sure you'll see some more snow so cheer up!

Are you kidding? LOL. Much of the E/SE got pounded last Monday with their most substantial falls of snow in over a decade. I think the area that seem to have done worst over the past week or so is Norfolk but there is potential there later this week and certainly in the medium to longer term.

I take it you have seen the METO update then Tamara :lol: Screams of a n/e outbreak.

Hi - yes I have indeed. That is very promising to be suggested at this stage and reflects the blocking pattern coming into play nicely. Very much a N and E sourced outlook that :)

Posted

Pressure now falling rapidly at The Channel Light Vessel 62103:

post-6667-1234185792_thumb.jpg

ASII_20090209_1230.png

It's going to be a wet and windy night for me!

Posted

Looks as though the heaviest precip moving north this evening is now forming down to the SW of cornwall, and expanding rapidly

If that hits after dark id imagine that would be the fella that will cause all the trouble....not that ill be complaining about the trouble if it snows :lol:

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
I'm sure theres a support group somewhere to help you get over it! :D At least you've managed to build a snowman some areas of the east and se haven't seen all that much snow so I doubt they'll be holding a candlelight vigil to mourn the passing of it! :D I'm sure you'll see some more snow so cheer up!

:lol:

How can you say that!!! The NE has sen way less snow.

Anyway, the initial precip is bang on target with the GFS at the moment :)

Things still looking extremely marginal at lower levels though.

Posted
Are you kidding? LOL. Much of the E/SE got pounded last Monday with their most substantial falls of snow in over a decade. I think the area that seem to have done worst over the past week or so is Norfolk but there is potential there later this week and certainly in the medium to longer term.

Not in the true "South East" we didn't, maybe half a cm so far.

Edited by Nick.F

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

the latest news 24 forecast showed snow for a time just north of london this evening, bit of an upgrade.

Posted

It has seemed like a weather forum for the Midlands Swards I must say this past week. Everyone just assumes that "up there" there has been lots of snow! I have seen a lot, but in general there hasn't been that much! So can we acknowledge our existence and the fact that much of Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and especially the NE is yet to see proper snow! Thank you!

Posted
It has seemed like a weather forum for the Midlands Swards I must say this past week. Everyone just assumes that "up there" there has been lots of snow! I have seen a lot, but in general there hasn't been that much! So can we acknowledge our existence and the fact that much of Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and especially the NE is yet to see proper snow! Thank you!
And that other little county just over the Pennines! :D

Posted

Yes, of course, 22cm is a mere dusting and you're doing terribly up there! :D

Posted

That's a fair comment Yeti.

In the main the high ground of the Pennines, Wolds, N York Moors have done OK - ish, but not that many live there!

In the east particularly it has been very poor, and that's really the coastal areas and you can include Norfolk right up to the NE.

Some of these coastal areas also did not do well for the January cold.

The cold spells we have had have all been marginal and there hasn't really been deep cold air involved, hence the slight warmth of the N sea has had a massive impact. If it was really cold - well, we can all dream..................

Posted

Windspeed starting to crank up slowly with one ship off the harbour at Brest reporting 35 knots

SHIP S 1300 Lat 47.90 long -5.70 DIR 210 WDSPD 35.0