Pressure : 979.0 mb

Sky Condition : Broken clouds at 50000ft

Weather : Rain, Mist

Wind Chill : 0.0°C / 32.0°F

==================================================

Posted
Wind : E (90 degrees) at 115 mi/h

Is that what it looks to be? Or is there something that I don't understand? Quite possible! 115 mph winds? Is that 2 miles up or something? :cold:

Edited by noggin

Posted

Temps slowly starting to fall now here across the SW, down to 3c here, first reports of sleet/snow starting to mcome through now from the bristol channel, into south glos and also across wales

SK

Edited by snowking

Posted
i think this may be an error,well i bloody well hope so

ICAO : EGHD

Station Name : Plymouth/Roborou

Elevation : 25m

Time : 9 / 17:20Z

Temperature : N/A

Dew Point : N/A

RH : N/A

Wind : E (90 degrees) at 115 mi/h

Visibility : 5000m

Pressure : 979.0 mb

Sky Condition : Broken clouds at 50000ft

Weather : Rain, Mist

Wind Chill : 0.0°C / 32.0°F

:cold::D Suprised that the windchill is only showing 0c!! :D

Posted

Heavy snow now being reported in wales . My temp keeps dropping in the midlands and so does the due point . I might be just on the right side of marginal for a few hours. Sky news are ramping my area up like mad according to my dad .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
I'' do a blog to show the probability of rain changing to snow overnight using the NW Extra charts

may take a little while

John the GFS don't paint a pretty picture for snow lovers I don't think. If I took the GFS as gospal tonight I would be seeing no snow until about 6am tomorrow morning at which point the precip would be just about cleared away, this storm will be a complete wash out for me if the GFS has it's way.

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted

The key to snow potential being good in the Midlands and inland southwest tonight is rapidly falling thickness values.

The current run continues to show thickness as high as 546 dm over the snow zone at 18z but by 03z it has fallen to about 531 dm and with the backing wind direction, available cold air source (temp at Leek for example barely above freezing), evaporative cooling, and the nocturnal factor, everything points to a gradual changeover from rain to snow throughout this zone. Amounts could still reach 10-20 cms when the change comes. The change will come later in counties just north and west of London so amounts will be lower there, 3-7 cms perhaps. Some coastal sections of the southeast and south will only see a touch of snow near the end of the precip tomorrow morning.

With the low only arriving now near Cornwall, the whole thing is setting up well for an overnight snowfall event but the process will take 2-3 more hours for most areas that are about to get their snow, thickness will be too high until about 20 or 21h.

There may be an outbreak of thunder in the southeast around then also, as part of the occlusion process, the thickness collapse is fairly rapid. I would think there is fairly high tornadic potential in northern France this evening along the developing cold front which is clearly visible on satellite imagery and radar through western France.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
Heavy snow now being reported in wales . My temp keeps dropping in the midlands and so does the due point . I might be just on the right side of marginal for a few hours. Sky news are ramping my area up like mad according to my dad .

Good job i'm not your dad then, you'd be reaching for the anti-depressents :)

Posted

Very wet snow in Luton now. Is this good news for further snow as I thought it would not turn to snow until at least after midnight if at all! I have a gut feeling that this will be more widespread than forcast!

Posted
John the GFS don't paint a pretty picture for snow lovers I don't think. If I took the GFS as gospal tonight I would be seeing no snow until about 6am tomorrow morning at which point the precip would be just about cleared away, this storm will be a complete wash out for me if the GFS has it's way.

The GFS was useless up here for yesterday's moderate snowfall we got. It barely picked it up.

The thing is, this system is yet to pack a punch and force the winds round to a E'ly /NE'ly

Posted

so glad i didnt say to anyone that a storm was on the way :) .. just normal SW weather here.. very wet winds 18mph ENE .. Think the met have cocked this up.. temps 5c dewpoint 5

kaz x

Edited by kaz

Posted

Still too early to really know how this night will end, the night time should be helping to bring down temps a little but the precip is still pretty light in the zone where the snowfall will be falling. Despite that as the low swings down the channel the heavier precip should swing a little further to the north before it all starts to slowly get pulled away to the east as it wraps around the strengthening low.

Also this is certainly a winter storm, rainfall amounts now locally upto 30mm though should be a breif quieter spell in terms of rainfall soon for the south as the low pressure comes through, then the back-end to contend with as as the front wraps around.

Edit- agree with Roger, min snowfall should kick in over the next few hours.

Edited by kold weather

Posted

I suspect those N of the M4 who are seeing the rain turn to sleet/snow is in direct response to the intensity of the precip. Light blues means rain, yellow/green means this could turn to snow. If you use the Met O radar.

Posted

our area now has wet snow snizzle with 0c and has been for 30mins now, things are different thats for sure!! deffo not rain!!!

Posted

Wide Spread rain/snow being reported now .. It's coming . Temp still dropping here so looks like the colder air is starting to under cut

Posted

As I thought locations such as Luton have now seen a change in intensity which is why its starting to turn to snow.

Now as this heavier band moves further N I suspect the risk of snow will increase northwards but also to the W as the LP travels E.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

From the latedt radar everything seems to be finally shifting North, bet Wales and central western areas will see a fair bit of snow this evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
Wide Spread rain/snow being reported now .. It's coming . Temp still dropping here so looks like the colder air is starting to under cut

Moderate rainfall but now turning to sleet here in North Oxfordshire

I can see wide spread heavy snow now far more optimistic then 4/5 hrs ago

Edited by stewfox

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
Snow is being reported in Luton now.

So much further south.

Luton is pretty much as high up as your going to get though in that area so hardly surprising.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Heavy wet snow now in North Oxfordshire at 50ft , temp down from 2c to 1c

whats all the doom about ? :lol:

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Finished here- a day of light winds, light rain and drizzle, max 3.8c, currently 2c. Good luck further east!