Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, thunderstorms, cold, snowy winters.
Loving this snow! Im about a 15 minute walk from bham city centre. Heres some pics of my current snow situation!

http://i714.photobucket.com/albums/ww149/P...z5/P1000470.jpg

http://i714.photobucket.com/albums/ww149/P...z5/P1000469.jpg

woooo!

:cc_confused: thats what im getting at the moment, Im in Digbeth which is right in the centre.. totally settling here and very heavy... :D

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
but havent we only got it for two more hours? i was hoping for it to go on longer than that! :cc_confused:

It will last longer than that, we are right in the middle of this at the moment and its not in a hurry to clear. 3am should be when it clears i think!

Posted
In a word-long! A34 was nasty with the outside lane with piled up snow on it still! Should not have bothred after my team lost 1-0!!!

Took a trip up to newbury on sunday and then over to hungerford and over the top to Malborough. Bucket loads. Kids could not believe it. Bournemouth win and saw loads of snow!!!!!!!!!

Posted
This is unbelievable.

It is indeed. I'm not sure I even believe it and yet it's happening before my eyes! Keep it coming :cc_confused:

Can anyone tell me how the radar is looking for Northants just now? Unfortunately I've moved to the lappy for an hour and have forgotten my NW Extra login details. (auto logs me in on main PC)

Posted

you still not doing any better andy?? im very very lucky if not cuz its whiteover here with heavier stuff just about to move in based on the radar. (le10) the whiteover i describe is just cosmetic atm about 1/2cm everywhere it just looks good as no1z touched any of it.

Edited by SnowTornado

Posted

I hear you Andy what a waste of great ppn! :cc_confused:

I have had moderate to heavy snowfall for the last hour after heavy rain and and 2 hours of sleet but it's only just starting to settle. Elevation really helps in situations like these and I am about the same height asl as you. Still at least it's falling I suppose so shouldn't really complain but yesterday's snow was miles better for my location.

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
Of course :p It's still snowing heavy and the cars are starting to go white :) No sign whatsoever of it settling on the concrete though, i'm slap bang in the middle of yellow echos on the radar, looks like it could continue like this for a while yet. I may start ramping soon if this carries on.

Thing is though that things start to settle very suddenly so within 2 mins everything can go from wet to white :D

Things beginning to look up for all now I feel as the colder air begins to become embedded within the flow, it's just a waiting game now as the "settling level" drops (even here it's at 100-150m). The question is, how much precip will be left by the time lower levels are reached.

I think I added you on fb by the way but it might have been someone else, I wasn't sure :cc_confused:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
This is unbelievable.

Hang on, if I remember rightly you were dismissing this event last night :cc_confused:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Ferlippin heck I am going to start ramping now!! The road and pavements have that look on them when they are soaked and half an hour of heavy snow has started to make them look like they are turning white :cc_confused: Hammering it down still and it seems the foundation has been set, once they start turning white the snow will settle brilliantly. Cars are turning white now.

It will last longer than that, we are right in the middle of this at the moment and its not in a hurry to clear. 3am should be when it clears i think!

i was trying not to get my hopes up, but more the better.

Just watched bbc news and bbc1 , always gets me how they pay little attention to the mess we could have tmrw, a passing " some lying snow, but clear skies" comment lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice
It is indeed. I'm not sure I even believe it and yet it's happening before my eyes! Keep it coming :cc_confused:

Can anyone tell me how the radar is looking for Northants just now? Unfortunately I've moved to the lappy for an hour and have forgotten my NW Extra login details. (auto logs me in on main PC)

Currently in a band of 8mm per hour ppn (brown) lol

Posted
Loving this snow! Im about a 15 minute walk from bham city centre. Heres some pics of my current snow situation!

http://i714.photobucket.com/albums/ww149/P...z5/P1000470.jpg

http://i714.photobucket.com/albums/ww149/P...z5/P1000469.jpg

woooo!

cheers. well im bang in the city centre so its not as good but im relly enjoying this!

Blizzard conditions with the gusts

Posted

thanks 4 your reply blizz! hope your right! im all excited again now! perhapes a possibility of 4 inches! just wish it was below freezing then it wouldn't thaw the moment it stops! i'll be looking out the window at 8:00 and all the snow will be gone again :cc_confused:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Still Snowing heavily.Covered all surfaces.

Probably a fresh cm now and starting to build more readily after a slow start.

Posted
Hang on, if I remember rightly you were dismissing this event last night :cc_confused:

I was aswell, I hold my hands up for that but give me a bit of a credit, i did say it wouldn't be as much as the BBC were saying yesterday afternoon. We had a good 5-6 hours of rain here before it eventually turned to snow so it's hardly the 20cm and blizzards the BBC were saying yesterday lol.

Posted

I'm getting quite a pasting...

This is the nearest webcam that you can see on - I've probably double this.. Powers also gone out twice.. Sure it's not related though..

http://www.cotswold-perfumery.co.uk/index_webcam.html

Posted
I was aswell, I hold my hands up for that but give me a bit of a credit, i did say it wouldn't be as much as the BBC were saying yesterday afternoon. We had a good 5-6 hours of rain here before it eventually turned to snow so it's hardly the 20cm and blizzards the BBC were saying yesterday lol.

You never know... :D

Posted
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)

Beginning to settle here - temperature is now 1.3c

Posted

i think for here 5cm of snow is possible if it continues roughly same intensity till 1am at the earliest

nabraxas how can you be so much warmer than a place 5miles north of here and 5miles south lol?? i will never know

Edited by SnowTornado

Posted
i think for here 5cm of snow is possible if it continues roughly same intensity till 1am at the earliest

I'd go for more than that mate if this intensity carried on till 1am. From 20 minutes of heavy snow it's turned my soaked road white. 2hours more of this heavy snow would give about 7cm i'd say!

Posted

Moderate snow here :D , large flakes to.

100 meters lower in Ironbridge its raining.

Edited by conor123

Posted
Heavy snow now settling on grass and starting to settle on some pavements!!!

Yup, got some big flakes coming down here now. Not settling that great yet though.