Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted

hehehehe its been snowing here for past 20mins (started of as snow as well) and reports of it settling in South Yorkshire, and we all thought the Midalnds would have all the fun :):):)

Posted

Sleet here since 6.30pm, on arrival from work. Heavier burst should herald wet snow. Despite the rain this afternoon, still a surprising amount of lying snow!

Posted
As I just said in the other thread we really need the intense rainfall which is just N of London to bring snowfall especially for the E Midlands.

The blues will only bring rain!

Some orange echoes on the radar-- possibly with my name on it Dave-- but a lot of heavy stuff on the way to our region. I'll keep you posted!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Still Sleet/Rain though reports of Snow just a fewmiles North of here so looks like the action begins very soon!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
BBC News are in Gloucestershire and it looks like it's snowing there.

Still rain here - anything slightly snow wise your way Andy? Just seem to have lots of drizzle here - can't really work out why my temperature is holding up at 2.1c and has been for the past hour.(Disregarding the 6.8c my weather station says it is)

Nope still rain, it's in for the night methinks, I said all along yesterday that we wouldn't see any snow on the ground from this and I still hold that prediction. Oadby weather station 3 miles away from me on the same elevation says temp 2.0c and dew 1.6c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous
Oxford is not the place to be right now. After the earlier promise, it's turned to rain and looks like staying that way, at least for a while.

Hi wellington,

Unfortunately, using net-weather extra, the T850s over the rainfall radar reveal it becomming very borderline, beginning to tip towards more of of a rain event. It's close, but that cut-off line is pushing north.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

We have sleet falling here - more snow than rain now though.

Temp 1.2 DP 0.4 :)

Posted

Just to give you an example Luton at 5pm was reporting rain with temps at 2C. Now its 0C with very heavy snow. Check the radar and you will see exactly why and this evaportive cooling is what we need to see.

The question is will the reds/pink/yellows get this far N.

How on earth my lying snow is remaning is anyones guess!

Posted
That frankly is a disgrace. The chances of lying snow at all are slim, let alone disruptive lying snow. There are going to be a lot of angry parents tomorrow.

I'd say the chances of lying snow around the higher schools in SW Brum is now 100 per cent, judging by what it's like outside here. There's large areas at 150-200m which isn't much below us in altitude really. Lickey Primary is at virtually the same altitude as here; but it's just in Worcestershire......

Posted

sleet and rain turning increasingly to wet snow here, gradually. Still quite light though:)

Highground and toonarmy, keep us (ME!) updated :)

Posted
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)

The themometer in my garden says 2.1c - I've replaced the batteries in my weather station and it's going the right way now... currently 5.1c so it's gradually working itself out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
hehehehe its been snowing here for past 20mins (started of as snow as well) and reports of it settling in South Yorkshire, and we all thought the Midalnds would have all the fun :):p:p

It still might in some spots, you aren't going to get anything heavy, south Midlands looks like it's going to get heavy snow soon.

Just to give you an example Luton at 5pm was reporting rain with temps at 2C. Now its 0C with very heavy snow. Check the radar and you will see exactly why and this evaportive cooling is what we need to see.

Theres still lying snow here and it was almost gone by midday, I don't know how it's still there :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Yay, almost turned to Snow here now!

Posted
It still might in some spots, you aren't going to get anything heavy, south Midlands looks like it's going to get heavy snow soon.

well its still moving north east slightly andy and the heavier stuff is getting closer, we may see some snow for a time at least. which due to its intensity could be interesting even if it doesnt add up to anything.

Posted

Not everywhere here we have had heavy/very heavy precip for past hour now with just heavy rain with some sleet and it's about 1c here now!

So further north don't expect a lot only favourable spots.

Sorry not my thread but i thought i would give a word of advice. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
Has it turned lighter in intesity as well by any chance?

Moderate snow in North oxfordshire but seems to be a tade lighter then before

Has settled in a few patches but very wet stuff

Posted

HUH?!! Just had bright echoes of purples and WHITE on the radar, but yet looking outside all this time and there has been no such heavy precipitation at all!!! , A little appalling to be fair lol :)

Current temp : 0.4C and rain is still on the cards, started to snow 20mins ago but back to the rain once again!

Posted
sleet and rain turning increasingly to wet snow here, gradually. Still quite light though:)

Highground and toonarmy, keep us (ME!) updated :)

Actually just off now, but will be back later.

Light covering now, moderate snow gradually getting heavier. Temp -0.3C

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Very heavy snow falling now in milton keynes, Isn't wet either as ir's laying fast, even on slushy and wet areas :)

Posted

Can't help but sit here and think if only we had colder uppers ahead of this storm.

Maybe the younger members can appreciate how severe Dec 31st 1978 actually was. Despite being 9yrs old I still remember it like it was yesterday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
So further north don't expect a lot only favourable spots.

Sorry not my thread but i thought i would give a word of advice. :)

Well snowing here a bit to the north of you

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

It's turned to snow here now and, after very little wind all day, it's blowing quite strongly now with the snow swirling around as a consequence. Not heavy enough to settle (yet) though.

Posted
Hi wellington,

Unfortunately, using net-weather extra, the T850s over the rainfall radar reveal it becomming very borderline, beginning to tip towards more of of a rain event. It's close, but that cut-off line is pushing north.

Dewpoint 1.0 In Wolverhampton,We really need to see this drop to around 0 if we are going to see any decent snowfall