Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Risk Discussion

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Can see the large stormy mass between the south of MK and Luton / Dunstable in the distance. On way back from parents there was a huge rainbow stretching accross the sky to the south and the orangy sunlit anvil towering from east to west. Very impressive.

LOOTONS IS HAD LOUD RUMBLY DUMBLY OF THUNDERS AND VERY BAD CLODS TO NORTH, EAST SOUTHS ISWELLS!! VERY BAD DISGUSTING PURPLY ORANGEY CREAMY CLODS IN DISTANTS! SUN IS STILL SHINE SHINE SHININGS............

THE ME IS HEADING FOR WARDROBES!!!

Are you Glacier Point's identical twin?

Posted
Torrential rain continues here but no thunder heard.

Sprunehorpe always seems to have torrential rain, i wish we get torrential rain as often as you lot down there do, perhaps when Scunnythorpe play the Toon, you might bring the torrential rain up here. :lol:

Nothing to report here but those showers do look interesting but judging by the lack of reports, perhaps they are not as interesting as they look on the radar.

Posted
LOOTONS IS HAD LOUD RUMBLY DUMBLY OF THUNDERS AND VERY BAD CLODS TO NORTH, EAST SOUTHS ISWELLS!! VERY BAD DISGUSTING PURPLY ORANGEY CREAMY CLODS IN DISTANTS! SUN IS STILL SHINE SHINE SHININGS............

goodness me I thought you hibernated from 12th night until the following Xmas

but Merry Xmas young man when you come out of the cupboard

has it snowed?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

Mr crazysnowfan in June, now that is unusual, may be its the hail.

See you next winter mate :lol:

Russ

Posted

Massive highly unstable cell has fired into life over south London, and stretching over my house.

I have been observing a significant amount of rotation in the cloud base - it is currently rotating around a horizontal axis that keeps trying to go vertical.

Also, signifcant condensation funnels keep appearing below this rotation and keep getting sucked up into the cloud base with a apparently strong updraft.

Just to put things straight i'm being serious this time. I'll keep everyone posted.

Posted
Sprunehorpe always seems to have torrential rain, i wish we get torrential rain as often as you lot down there do, perhaps when Scunnythorpe play the Toon, you might bring the torrential rain up here. :lol:

Nothing to report here but those showers do look interesting but judging by the lack of reports, perhaps they are not as interesting as they look on the radar.

Im still a member of the 'no storms club' though mate :lol: the rain is clearing now.

Posted

i was thiking the same thing! they seem to intensifying too! arent they going N/W. maybe they are slow moving! maybe the will just die out! :lol:

Posted

only in his belief in Santa Claus

:lol:

Posted

a milky grey sky to my SE. could it be coming this way?

nevermind just looked at the radar :lol:

Posted

lmao!!! needed a good laugh :lol: omg someone check on him!!

Posted

Oh maaaaaan, that thunderstorm/torrential rain mass has been to the south of me for the past 1 1/2 hrs, was then moving to the N/W all be it very slowly and now it decides to move south! WHY? lool

Posted

Nothing happening here, Loopydreamer. Looked so promising this afternoon too. :D

Oh well, back to Jane Louise's becoming ever so popular 'No Storms Club'. Until sometime Tuesday maybe? :D

Phil.

Posted

It must be cold Mr Crazy snowfan is out in June. :D

A couple of hours ago there was a distant CB way to the east/SE would of been interesting if that was earlier as it was coming from the east direction,see what tomorrow brings.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
It must be cold Mr Crazy snowfan is out in June. :hi:

A couple of hours ago there was a distant CB way to the east/SE would of been interesting if that was earlier as it was coming from the east direction,see what tomorrow brings.

just come back from stocktake :huh: in stroud :) , on the way there drove through a thunderstorm on the M5

fork lightning and loud thunder B) , the road was like a river

just to let u know guys :)

cheers :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Heavy and potentially thundery rain could spread up from the South throughout the course of tomorrow evening and the overnight period!

Most of France is under a Level 1 watch, so I am of the feeling the rain to come up tomorrow night and for daytime Tuesday could well be an MCS, or thunderstorms embedded in a general area of rain!

Something to look out for tomorrow (or later today if you want to be technical :huh: ) Lets just see how much the SE gets this time round!!!!!!

Posted
Heavy and potentially thundery rain could spread up from the South throughout the course of tomorrow evening and the overnight period!

Most of France is under a Level 1 watch, so I am of the feeling the rain to come up tomorrow night and for daytime Tuesday could well be an MCS, or thunderstorms embedded in a general area of rain!

Something to look out for tomorrow (or later today if you want to be technical :D ) Lets just see how much the SE gets this time round!!!!!!

doubt it, otherwise ESTOFEX would've put the Tstorm risk around the UK as well since their forecast goes up to 7am tomorrow morning. No forecast from UKASF either, so I guess there's no chance :(

Posted
More rain will arrive from the south during the late afternoon and evening, pushing slowly north towards the Midlands and Wales overnight and into Tuesday. Some of the rain will be heavy and thundery at times, and again with it being slow moving there is the potential for some high rainfall totals.

This is the NW forecast above. MetO are suggesting some heavy rain spreading up across CS and SE areas over night, with lighter rain further W, contradicting the NW forecast.

From what I can see, the rain tonight is coming from a LP system moving out of the Bay of Biscay. This looks to trigger some potent T'storms across most of France. I'm assuming therefore we are only going to get rain, while the potent electrical stuff will stay over the continent....that's a surprise, lol

EDIT - This is beginning to get so tiresome it hurts - SE is forecast some nice CAPE/storm risk tomorrow! Weather forecast - mostly cloudy! All day yesterday it was sunny, blue skies, warm, with naff all! Tomorrow we are forecast the CAPE, but overcast skies! :(:D

Edited by Harry

Posted
SE is forecast some nice CAPE/storm risk tomorrow!

Well another case of wait and watch, with fingers crossed:

gfs_cape_eur39.png

post-6667-1244453420_thumb.png

Posted

I presume our chances tomorrow hinge on solar heating and whether the cloud clears, and not so much on an expected convergence line etc

Posted

I didnt think this year could be worse than the previous two for lack of convective activity in the SE - was I wrong!

It just seems bizarre that, for the time being at least, the weather is just dominated by LP! One after the other rolling off the Atlantic - whatever happened to a heatwave summer! :D

Having said this, I remember reading an article (on here I think) suggesting that the W Europe 'monsoon' was late May into June. I should think the current weather maps help support this idea :(

Edited by Harry