Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/storm Discussion

Ross B

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
I can't see much happening here today. Currently very overcast and disappointing.

Just also wanted to add that today the BBC have contacted me wanting to use the Peterborough tornado footage I posted on youtube. The programme is called living dangerously and will be aired later this year. :D

Well done, Dave!! :D

There are plenty of big showers building here, just now. They are so slow-moving, though!

Posted
I can't see much happening here today. Currently very overcast and disappointing.

Just also wanted to add that today the BBC have contacted me wanting to use the Peterborough tornado footage I posted on youtube. The programme is called living dangerously and will be aired later this year. :D

Congratulations! I'll keep an eye out for the program.

lewis

Posted
Did I? If you're talking about this heavy rain/possible storm event for Friday then it was Dave who picked up on that a good few days ago :D

shiznick sorry dave, credit is yours :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

well I'm really shocked to hear myself say this, but Nottingham is actually getting some convection going on now. The sun has been out for about 45min, and the clouds are really starting to lift! There's a line of showers that just passed Stoke-onTrent, would love to know if they spit out anything decent? :D

Posted

Very impressive,fame at last. :D

The cloud is breaking up nicely here now,could get interesting this afternoon. :)

Posted
  • Location: LANCS. 12 miles NE of Preston at the SW corner of the Bowland Fells. 550ft, 170m approx.
  • Location: LANCS. 12 miles NE of Preston at the SW corner of the Bowland Fells. 550ft, 170m approx.

Towers and showers here since about 10am. Boiling in from the west. Feeling sultry when the sun comes out. Become more breezy in last half hour. Maybe a touch brighter now.

post-9606-1247653959_thumb.jpg

Posted

It's nice to see recognition for all the hard work you've put in over the years.

I myself seem to have drifted away from the rollercoaster ride that is the GFS but still keep a beady eye out for interesting weather nonetheless.

Let us all know when the show is to be aired...

Posted

It's just dull and breezy here, but some heavy showers are moving slowly towards my area from the west.

Posted
First heavy shower of the day, view it in HD;

Nice vid mate :D Im going into the scunny town centre at 13:00, so no doubt it willl be chucking it down by then :D

Posted

Overnight Thursday into Friday now looking very interesting on all 3 of the major models. Could be as much as 50mm in Kent, Sussex, Essex and E Anglia as the Low Deepens in the Southern North Sea and spreads very humid air up from the conitinent. Another very disturbed day on Friday as everythings gets shifted eastwards.

Going to get camera charged for Thursday night as some Severe Thunderstorms could be thrown into the Mix if the ECMWF Wins out, UKMO Keener to keep the severer weather over in France and Benelux.

Paul S

Posted

Just counted six or seven separate anvils, with still more developing. I am cautiously optimistic for this arvo! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
Overnight Thursday into Friday now looking very interesting on all 3 of the major models. Could be as much as 50mm in Kent, Sussex, Essex and E Anglia as the Low Deepens in the Southern North Sea and spreads very humid air up from the conitinent. Another very disturbed day on Friday as everythings gets shifted eastwards.

Going to get camera charged for Thursday night as some Severe Thunderstorms could be thrown into the Mix if the ECMWF Wins out, UKMO Keener to keep the severer weather over in France and Benelux.

Paul S

Tomorrow night is starting to look very exciting indeed - though being realistic in the fact that the slightest change could push most of the action too far E or W, of either my location of the UK as a whole.

Playing squash until about 10ish which is VERY annoying considering - might see if I can push it back until Friday evening just in case! :D

Considering what happened two weeks ago - staying home and missing most of the hardcore action, I might venture out for the first time in ages!

Posted

Paul S

Paul what about me in HULL, can you give me some information :D

Posted

Depends what model is your preference Lewis.

If you swear by the UKMO/BBC Then you have a good chance for Friday, other Models swing the main Activity away into the North Sea East of E aNGLIA.

Paul S

Posted

If you swear by the UKMO/BBC Then you have a good chance for Friday, other Models swing the main Activity away into the North Sea East of E aNGLIA.

Paul S

DAM it would have to be the BBC/UKMO favouring me, only problem is i dont favour them :D Umm tricky one, i think ill stick by the GFS and ECM.

cheers mate btw Paul, you any good with camcorders etc? I have a few q's, if i ring netweather HQ will you answer the phone?

Lewis

Posted

My last count yielded nine anvils.

Posted

I have a weather warning out for my area

but how i seen that so many times and not a thing happen :)

Scattered showers will become heavy and more widespread this afternoon with a risk of thunderstorms. The showers will be slow moving and could give rainfall accumulations of 15 to 20mm in a 3 hour period.

The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the latest Scottish Environment Protection Agency 'Live Flood Warning Information' on flooding. Also refer to Traffic Scotland for advice on road conditions.

Issued at: 1250 Wed 15 Jul

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/dg/...t_warnings.html

Edited by Stuart

Posted

Paul S

How thundery are we talking Paul? - I got the impression that steering winds would bring imports into far SE from the continent which has oodles of cape, but didnt see much across us which seemed a pity as dls etc are very good - I've only been looking at the latest gfs though -

Posted
How thundery are we talking Paul? - I got the impression that steering winds would bring imports into far SE from the continent which has oodles of cape, but didnt see much across us which seemed a pity as dls etc are very good - I've only been looking at the latest gfs though -

Might be worth a drive East Sam ??

Gonna give it a few more Model runs from both GFS & UKMO Before all will be fine detailed, but at the moment any Stronger Imports look reserved for Sussex and Kent atm

Paul S

Posted

Thunder and lightning here again today, 3rd day on the trot...looks like it is hugging the coast for a change, hopefully it will swing slightly north west and hit Banchory, seems like its over Stonehaven just now.

Posted
Thunder and lightning here again today, 3rd day on the trot...looks like it is hugging the coast for a change, hopefully it will swing slightly north west and hit Banchory, seems like its over Stonehaven just now.

Hi mate, You've beaten me into the Three-In-Row Club. But, as everything seems pretty-much the same as yesterday, I may be in soon enough. The thunderheads are spectacular again! :)

Lovely CGs out to the west!!! :)