Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/storm Discussion

Ross B

Posted
  • Location: LANCS. 12 miles NE of Preston at the SW corner of the Bowland Fells. 550ft, 170m approx.
  • Location: LANCS. 12 miles NE of Preston at the SW corner of the Bowland Fells. 550ft, 170m approx.

Bright blue and beautiful overhead here, but MW radio crackling madly. Huge growy towers over the Yorks Pennines east of here. Also mass of black cloud to the SW and W, presumably over the Irish Sea. Only had a trace of rain here today, late afternoon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
Bright blue and beautiful overhead here, but MW radio crackling madly. Huge growy towers over the Yorks Pennines east of here. Also mass of black cloud to the SW and W, presumably over the Irish Sea. Only had a trace of rain here today, late afternoon.

Hoorayy! I'm not the only one who uses MW radio as a cheap-skate lightning detector! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Got a god looking storm to the east of Shrewsbury (just missing us) bu frustratingly not thundery in nature here, be intresting to see what people in Telford and Wolverhampton are reporting though.... looks rough over there!

Posted
these showers really showing their hand now, can see clearer weather to my east, plenty of convection to the south

Yep, we pretty much appear to be the spawning ground for the showers here now. Started raining again, up to 10mm in the last hour(ish) and the rain gauge has been under-reading!

Some sferics now appearing on this line. Come on..!

http://andvari.vedur.is/athuganir/eldingar/

Posted

storm has passed over me and heading toward mablethorpe skeggy way, possible out to sea, was a weak one compared to last nights but it tops up the totals on my sig

LO

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

My goodness it is dark ! Lightning and thunder here, The radar is showing some intense dark red over us :D

Posted

Thundery shower just skirted the west of my area - very dark skies. 5 rumbles of thunder so far :D

Posted

I have to say I am surprised but some strong echoes coming this way, just had a moderate convective shower pass.

UKMO ATD shows sferics and a report now too, so we will see if anything makes it to here.

Posted

Rumble of thunder heard here just now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Rumbleing to the south of me now... Radar shows a a nice storm heading this way... really close again... I hope we get a full on hit...

Posted
I have to say I am surprised but some strong echoes coming this way, just had a moderate convective shower pass.

UKMO ATD shows sferics and a report now too, so we will see if anything makes it to here.

Yes, after a warm & quite sunny period from 10.00-18.00 it looks like this area's going to end the day as we started with downpours developing & spreading up from the South coast. The heaviest looks set to affect South Wilts/Hampshire but there's a tail to that cell which will affect West Wiltshire too - just starting to rain now.

Eyes/ears peeled for thunder/lightning but not holding my breath!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Those North of here are lucky. The rain developed over here and gave the goods to you lot. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

steady rain here, no thunder or flashy stuff though, the worst is east of me towards Cheslyn Hay & Cannock

Posted
Those North of here are lucky. The rain developed over here and gave the goods to you lot. :D

Makes a change for that not to happen here for once :D .

Just a couple of rumbles heard and it's all moving off NNE now

Posted

Just testing my new HD camcorder out, its brilliant upto now. Youtube video below, watch it in HD on the button, does it seem ok? Any feedback appreciated. Thanks

Posted

This lot down in the south west is passing just to my east, have caught the far western edge but just a moderate shower. It doesn't look to healthy anyway, limitied sferics but some very heavy downpours for those to my east i'm sure.

Posted

A line of CB`s formed earlier to the south,one to the SE didn`t have no thunder,one to the SW a couple of faint rumbles but a very nasty looking rainstorm.

Then a very sharp thundery shower developed to the south 10 rumbles in all and 2 CG`s a great view of the 1st one, it was torrential,infrequent thunder after the earlier distant booms but 2 overhead as it just passed.

Thunder just heard then actually.

Posted
Lovely cell pushing NE from the E mids, should hit me i think (Fingers crossed) CAPE Values look fine for it.

They will be calling Hull Florida soon, :D how many storms have you had this year now? Nice hd cam too. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Dad said there was thunder in Kent earlier on today - teehee, another day where none is forecast or expected, it happens nonetheless :D