Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/storm Discussion

Ross B

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
I feel really un easy about this.. the clouds look so agressive! i have 3 cells merging together as they approach me. The clouds has jagged edges and look like they are lowering ;\

I doubt if you have any rotation though :D .....lol......Sounds like fun up there in the north east....Nice'n'quiet here a moderate shower about 6ish, the worst was to the east of me, thats what you're getting now :D

Posted
  • Location: LANCS. 12 miles NE of Preston at the SW corner of the Bowland Fells. 550ft, 170m approx.
  • Location: LANCS. 12 miles NE of Preston at the SW corner of the Bowland Fells. 550ft, 170m approx.
Very very very short clip there :D

Ha. Yes. Suddenly ran out of memory.

Been to look at the gauges. I reckon we had 12.5mm in half an hour, 10mm of that in 10mins.

Now there's another monster coming up fom the S. We just don't need any more rain, thanks.

post-9606-1247602657_thumb.jpg

Posted

Hoping some of those cells to the south west may turn thundery. Won't hold my breath though.

Glad to see the North and East getting another pounding for a change, hope you enjoy them guys :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Quite a large and relatively intense shower heading NE past the IoW - this could come quite close though sadly is unlikely to yield more than rain.

Posted

Storm clouds brewing up earlier, few bloooming rumbles thats it! and BTW ignore me, my neighbour was taking the p(i)ss out of me. Well i was been geekish, she always takes the pee out of my outdoor activites, she dont complain when it's rugby or weight lifting tho lmfao.

Posted
OMG WHAT THE!!!!!!!

Huge wall type rolling cloud looks a bit like a gust front moving to the north of my house, have a few pics but YET AGAIN in bad quality cos of mobile phone.

I NEED TO BUY A DECENT CAMERA

Just had the same cloud through Marlow, Took a couple of shots.

Pic1.jpg

And.

Pic2.jpg

Second pic taken about a minute after the first and has a filter to give the sky more detail, but the best had already passed. Not seen anything quite like this in awhile.... B)

Edited by THE MISSFITS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, stormy and I don't dislike rain only cold

Storm clouds brewing up earlier, few bloooming rumbles thats it! and BTW ignore me, my neighbour was taking the p(i)ss out of me. Well i was been geekish, she always takes the pee out of my outdoor activites, she dont complain when it's rugby or weight lifting tho lmfao.

Was it you who said you just bought the camcorder? Like the HD highlight in the title :)

Nice uksupercell and THE MISSFITTS! B)

Posted

Meanwhile in Solihull...

Day two of yet more heavy showers. Looking monotonous yet again. B)

Or so I thought...

At around 9:20pm tonight, this came completely out of the blue. :) (Images attached for your perusal).

Phil.

post-8209-1247605510_thumb.jpg

post-8209-1247605526_thumb.jpg

post-8209-1247605536_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

Had a very brief thundery shower about an hour ago. The one lightning strike recorded on the net-weather extra radar overlay to my NE is displayed accurately. Rainfall total was only 1mm, but fell at a peak rate of 50.2mm/hr. B)

Phil, looking at the radar, you were on the very edge / in the middle of the most intense part of this thundershower.

Edited by Supercell

Posted

Was on the very edge, Supercell but close enough in order not to disappoint.

Have to admit that those three shots are my best lightning images ever taken. Just a shame it wasn't completely dark otherwise the images could have been even more stunning.

Phil.

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Looking really ominous here in Tyne & Wear, night-time storm?. looking likely as the cell approaching is intensifying,

hope it holds together for the last 15-20 miles to my location.

Posted

Another heavy shower come here now,And theres still 2 CB`s developing impressively for time of day that is to the east.

The low is coming closer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.
Another heavy shower come here now,And theres still 2 CB`s developing impressively for time of day that is to the east.

The low is coming closer.

Yeah, a lot of showers over Mid-Wales at the moment. Don't seem to be up to much, but according to the forecast they'll pep up overnight. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Edited by Paul R

Posted

I wonder if that heavy rain around Nottingham will make it to my area before dying out B)

Posted
shower as you shop!! :)

It was in the booze, soft drinks and chocolate aisles. Good job it wasn't in the shower gel section LOL.

Some people get all the fun ! :)

It was just torrential rain no thunder or lightning! B)

Posted
Yeah, a lot of showers over Mid-Wales at the moment. Don't seem to be up to much, but according to the forecast they'll pep up overnight. Will be interesting to see what happens.

As the low approaches it could get interesting may see a few flashes. B)

Although it does feel cool and as it`s nightime,I`ve not seen much thunder activity as this is.

But this is different.

Posted

From this:-

to this in 5 minutes.

.hope the radar is just having a glich..!!

Just seen the updated radar and yes it was.. back on track..!!

Edited by NL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

More rain falling here, collected 23mm in the last 24 hrs

Posted
From this:-

to this in 5 minutes.

.hope the radar is just having a glich..!!

Just seen the updated radar and yes it was.. back on track..!!

No lightning from that cell yet,just heavy rain.

Tomorrow looks better for things to kick off a bit earlier than it did today.

:lol:

Posted

This is totally a one -off year up here in the NE we havent had a stormy episode like this since the 70's to early 80's

just started to rain, hope there's some electrical activity associated with this cell might get a few Sferics but i'm a

little doubtful, lots of rain though..!!

Posted
This is totally a one -off year up here in the NE we havent had a stormy episode like this since the 70's to early 80's

just started to rain, hope there's some electrical activity associated with this cell might get a few Sferics but i'm a

little doubtful, lots of rain though..!!

Just rain in that i'm afraid, it's weird how the intensity dropped off so quick!

Tomorrow is looking good for both of us, i feel we will do very well indeed. You in particular. If you make it this far south when storm chasing, feel free to pick me up. I'm hoping for a funnel tomorrow, and i think i'll get one over the south bank of the humber, pushing into the east riding. Around umm 2-4pm.

:lol: