Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/storm Discussion

Ross B

Posted
Dad said there was thunder in Kent earlier on today - teehee, another day where none is forecast or expected, it happens nonetheless :D

where about in kent? We got some showers but no thunder in Ashford.

Posted
They will be calling Hull Florida soon, :D how many storms have you had this year now? Nice hd cam too. :)

1 Thunderstorm 4 days ago, A rumble of thunder with a strike about 1 hour 50 mins ago. 6 Storms the other week. (3/4 Overhead, the others clipped me).

And about another 3-4 thunderstorms and a couple of thundery showers. Not much really, we normally do really well around this area for big thunderstorms, especially during plume events. Check out this over where i use to live Back in summer 2005. Enjoy :)

Posted
1 Thunderstorm 4 days ago, A rumble of thunder with a strike about 1 hour 50 mins ago. 6 Storms the other week. (3/4 Overhead, the others clipped me).

And about another 3-4 thunderstorms and a couple of thundery showers. Not much really, we normally do really well around this area for big thunderstorms, especially during plume events. Check out this over where i use to live Back in summer 2005. Enjoy :D

thats some really impressive lightning, thanks for sharing!

Posted

And about another 3-4 thunderstorms and a couple of thundery showers. Not much really, we normally do really well around this area for big thunderstorms, especially during plume events. Check out this over where i use to live Back in summer 2005. Enjoy :D

That video is awesome and 6 storm's in a week is pretty good, we have had no overhead storms in Bath this year, nice video anyway, waiting for some that here.

Posted
thats some really impressive lightning, thanks for sharing!

I'll second that. Nothing happening here ATM and i think it's game over for here today.

That rain and thunder that was reported over the East Midlands is right on our doorstep now with dark skies to the south and southwest. Here's hoping we get a rumble or twelve! :D

Posted

post-8652-1247596502_thumb.jpgpost-8652-1247596672_thumb.jpg

A couple of pics from a heavy shower an hour or so ago, sorry for delay, had problems uploading them. :D

post-8652-1247596585_thumb.jpg

Edited by Koppite

Posted

Where's the twisters we wanted for today!!! :D

Posted
DN16 mate, but the sky is pretty clear here atm.

Give it an hour you could see something, probably heavy shower, but all them showers (smaller cells) are showing Sferics on the detector, looks a little messy and theres a higher chance of them fizzling out than maintaining or growing in intensity, but theres a chance mate;

post-2644-1247597079_thumb.png

Edited by Lewis

Black skies to the southwest now. We are going to get a very heavy downpour here. I'm gonna listen out for distant thunder now... :D

Posted

Max Zoom is only 5x on my HD camera, my Cannon DSLR is at my mothers, but when you see some mushrooms towers still building, its always a good sign!;

post-2644-1247597286_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Location: LANCS. 12 miles NE of Preston at the SW corner of the Bowland Fells. 550ft, 170m approx.
  • Location: LANCS. 12 miles NE of Preston at the SW corner of the Bowland Fells. 550ft, 170m approx.

Dreadful deluge this last 10 mins here. Overwhelmed the gutters. One boom of thunder. Came up from the S I think. Been a decent day till this lot arrived. Was contemplating a nice quiet weed in the garden. Forget it. All gone to mud.

Posted
Give it an hour you could see something, probably heavy shower, but all them showers (smaller cells) are showing Sferics on the detector, looks a little messy and theres a higher chance of them fizzling out than maintaining or growing in intensity, but theres a chance mate;

post-2644-1247597079_thumb.png

Yeah quite a few showers moving NE towards my area, but im not confident of one of them hitting me directly.

Posted
Black skies to the southwest now. We are going to get a very heavy downpour here. I'm gonna listen out for distant thunder now... :D

Just started tipping it down here.

Nowt thundery yet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
where about in kent? We got some showers but no thunder in Ashford.

NW Kent near Bexleyheath

Posted
A couple of pics from a heavy shower an hour or so ago, sorry for delay, had problems uploading them. :)

Great images mate :D

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
Hoorayy! I'm not the only one who uses MW radio as a cheap-skate lightning detector! :)

No! Been using it for over 30 years! Hope we can still get it when we go completely digital with radio :D