Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/storm Discussion

Ross B

Posted
S.U.F.C Shall we do a thunderstorm dance, we might get something then :)

:)

There's a gap in that line of showers moving up from the south :D

Posted
Great images mate :D

Cheers mate, they didn't do it justice, oh well maybe next tine. :) (The one that looks misty was the intensity of the rain.)

Edited by Koppite

Posted
:)

There's a gap in that line of showers moving up from the south :)

Sorry but, that gap has your name on it but not mine :)

Can clearly see some lovely cloud formations to a storm that will hit shortly. Webcam will be live in a second :D

Posted
Cheers mate, they didn't do it justice, oh well maybe next tine. :D (The one that looks misty was the intensity of the rain.)

Has there been a lot of downpours in your area today? Just 1 here but possibly another soon :D

Posted
One pic of downpour a couple of hours ago.

Nice pic W09, that rain looks as intense as what i had.

Has there been a lot of downpours in your area today? Just 1 here but possibly another soon :D

Fair few, no thunder/lightening though. :D

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

Anyone getting any activity possibly around Stanhope , wolsingham area

Just had reports of heavy rain in Consett {from my daughter]

Posted

You heard it from me first, Hull is going to get battered!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW folks, i'll have some footage of some nice strikes! I dont have a car but ill go storm chasing on my bike :D 21 speed full suspension. Who needs a car :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
You heard it from me first, Hull is going to get battered!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW folks, i'll have some footage of some nice strikes! I dont have a car but ill go storm chasing on my bike :) 21 speed full suspension. Who needs a car :D

Go, go , go! :D

Posted
Sorry but, that gap has your name on it but not mine :D

Can clearly see some lovely cloud formations to a storm that will hit shortly. Webcam will be live in a second :)

Those showers are intensifying and the gap is no longer there :D

Posted

We are currently experiencing thunder in Lincoln and had a small thunderstorm about an hour ago too. :D

Posted
My goodness it is dark ! Lightning and thunder here, The radar is showing some intense dark red over us :D

Just had this bugger pass over here. Left home started raining. Thought it would be a quick shower and nowt more. Got to tescos and it was torrential. Sat in car park for a good 10 mins. Started to stop so we made a dash for it. Then it came heavier and it was flooding down the car park. Near the entrance was a flood of 4-5 inches. Came a good way up my trousers. Got in the shop, heard screams, looke the same way as everyone else and the ceiling had come in!! Water was pouring everywhere. 3-4 aisle flooded and half way up the tills. Made a quick dash to get fruit and veg and milk and then got shepherded to the tils by man. The lights were off and the tills intermittently working. Great fun! Still got the essentials so thas all that counts! No thunder or lightning here though.

Posted

JUST SAW LGITHNING, LOUD RUMBLE OF THUNDER :D

Posted
  • Location: LANCS. 12 miles NE of Preston at the SW corner of the Bowland Fells. 550ft, 170m approx.
  • Location: LANCS. 12 miles NE of Preston at the SW corner of the Bowland Fells. 550ft, 170m approx.

Car wash 45 mins ago. Fortunately had brought in the washing! All quiet but cloudy now. Moved away north.

Yes, had MW radio on.

NB Haven't posted a movie here before. Hoping it works.

MOV08385.MPG

Posted

Just had a small storm pass over us here, in south Bradford, and appears to be moving north east. It's not very active, though - only one lightning bolt every couple of minutes or so.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, stormy and I don't dislike rain only cold
No! Been using it for over 30 years! Hope we can still get it when we go completely digital with radio :D

As long as you have a device that picks up mw frequencies then you will always pick up lightning strikes. In fact without anyone transmitting on mw frequencies all the better, damn music interfering good lightning strikes gets annoying! The only thing that would be transmitting on mw frequencies will be lightning :D

Posted
Just had this bugger pass over here. Left home started raining. Thought it would be a quick shower and nowt more. Got to tescos and it was torrential. Sat in car park for a good 10 mins. Started to stop so we made a dash for it. Then it came heavier and it was flooding down the car park. Near the entrance was a flood of 4-5 inches. Came a good way up my trousers. Got in the shop, heard screams, looke the same way as everyone else and the ceiling had come in!! Water was pouring everywhere. 3-4 aisle flooded and half way up the tills. Made a quick dash to get fruit and veg and milk and then got shepherded to the tils by man. The lights were off and the tills intermittently working. Great fun! Still got the essentials so thas all that counts! No thunder or lightning here though.

blimey!! :D:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, stormy and I don't dislike rain only cold
Car wash 45 mins ago. Fortunately had brought in the washing! All quiet but cloudy now. Moved away north.

Yes, had MW radio on.

NB Haven't posted a movie here before. Hoping it works.

Very very very short clip there :D

Posted

LMFAO, S.U.F.C never guess whats happened! Got some nice clusters heading NE towards me for a direct hit, and now south of you, the cells have merged and are taking a direct Northerly track WEY HEY wait until you see the sky i have here now do a you tube now, as pic Q is shizen on stills, SLR at me mothers

Posted
LMFAO, S.U.F.C never guess whats happened! Got some nice clusters heading NE towards me for a direct hit, and now south of you, the cells have merged and are taking a direct Northerly track WEY HEY wait until you see the sky i have here now do a you tube now, as pic Q is shizen on stills, SLR at me mothers

Thundering here mate and very dark clouds to my south :D:D I think this storm is going to miss me to my SE

Edited by sufc

Posted
blimey!! :D:)

shower as you shop!! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

Some people get all the fun ! :D

Posted

Wow, sounds like fun, exactly the same as what happened in the asda in Leeds, about two months ago there was a really intense shower that passed right over, at the time i was in asda downstairs (basment area where eletrical good and george etc) where all the CDs and ipods where, drips started coming down from the ceiling then the entire ceiling caved in (fortuantley the ceiling was those polystyrene tiles), and one of the pipes burst (all the water from outside flowes through the pipes) and came crashing down and literally a wall of water was coming down from the pipes, as it was still torrential outside water kept on coming everyone was screaming and running and getting drenched the whole bottom floor had to be evacuated but the esculators stopped working (fortunatley it was one of those flat escualtors), so we all ran away from asda, the end.

Posted

An impressive line of lower forming CB`s has just passed over here,with 2 mature anvils which gave another heavy shower.

No wind now and 2c cooler to yesterday`s max meaning less chance of thunder to yesterday,even though I`ve seen a thundery shower which was torrential.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells n snow

OMG WHAT THE!!!!!!!

Huge wall type rolling cloud looks a bit like a gust front moving to the north of my house, have a few pics but YET AGAIN in bad quality cos of mobile phone.

I NEED TO BUY A DECENT CAMERA

Posted

I feel really un easy about this.. the clouds look so agressive! i have 3 cells merging together as they approach me. The clouds has jagged edges and look like they are lowering ;\