Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/storm Discussion Thurs 23>>>>>>>>>

Posted

Ooooh wow. Thunderstorm has just arrived here. Heavy rain, wind has picked up incredibly and constant rumbles of thunder and bright flashes of lightning!!!! yahoo.gif

Took these pics and think they look really awesome!

post-8635-12484365056019_thumb.jpg

post-8635-12484365165991_thumb.jpg

post-8635-12484365298599_thumb.jpg

Edited by JamieUK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Is there any more expected to come in from the west or is this is for us westerners?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Ooooh wow. Thunderstorm has just arrived here. Heavy rain, wind has picked up incredibly and constant rumbles of thunder and bright flashes of lightning!!!! yahoo.gif

That would be that strong line on radar then - knowing my luck it will break as heads towards London and leave me with black skies and rumbling all around me....wouldn't mind that too much to be honest :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Is there any more expected to come in from the west or is this is for us westerners?

Of course thats it. The East wants more and as usual they are getting it all. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Looking at the radar, I would say bar the odd light shower, that's it for our area today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

aye, just got back from my depot in Walsall, and we have thunder & lightning here in Penkridge...Proper Job! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

aye, just got back from my depot in Walsall, and we have thunder & lightning here in Penkridge...Proper Job! :)

:D

That takes the biscuit now. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

:D

That takes the biscuit now. :D

Luke, sorry but I have to say this, on behalf on many storm enthusiasts, Please stop your moaning unless you've something productive to add to the thread...Everytime there are storms around and you dont get one, its just the same old 'broken record' posts...Please stop!

Posted

CB`s developed all over the place from TCU so early this morning,then very heavy to torrential showers with flash flooding worse than 2007 brook is flowing over the road the first time in living memory started around 10.15am.

7 overhead flashes/cracks of quite loud thunder a little spider IC aswell all this coming in from the west/SW wow.

Temp dropped to 11.8c it kept on for so long at such a very heavy rate 26mm a record for a morning thundery shower last time theres was a morning storm was way back in 1996 but that gave half the rainfall and started at 11am

:D:):D

Posted

Luke, sorry but I have to say this, on behalf on many storm enthusiasts, Please stop your moaning unless you've something productive to add to the thread...Everytime there are storms around and you dont get one, its just the same old 'broken record' posts...Please stop!

Awww, leave the poor lad alone :D

This is what I am seeing from my office window - line of lovely CBs still visbile and edging a tad closer too

post-3790-12484373516593_thumb.jpg

Edited by Harry

Posted

You dont understand how frustrating it is. :D

Posted

You dont understand how frustrating it is. :D

trust me I do, I'm used to jumping in the van and heading off to chase the damn things..lol...but illness dictates that I have to give it a miss for the next few days...Anyhoos, there's still some convective stuff out to your west on the back end of this trough, the odd sferic associated, so all is not yet lost for you!

Posted

trust me I do, I'm used to jumping in the van and heading off to chase the damn things..lol...but illness dictates that I have to give it a miss for the next few days...Anyhoos, there's still some convective stuff out to your west on the back end of this trough, the odd sferic associated, so all is not yet lost for you!

I'd say!!! That line that is running out of the SW corner now is looking VERY intense!!

Posted

lol we will have to wait and see. doesnt look exciting tbh but life goes on...:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

A friend of mine living in Cross, just south of the Mendip is chatting to me and saying they had to bangs of thunder within the last 20 minutes and the sky was very black that way. Still nothing here though and I have a feeling I will just be left with cloud formations and no rain!

Posted

First shower has just cleared, but it looks like more could be hitting me soon.

Hopefully a few storms :D

Posted

sorry aj, im with luke on this one, there is a reason to moan when an initially heavy-intense band of rain shrivels up when going through shropshire and becomes nothing more than a bit of drizzle. also this mornings showers went well to the south of west midland county, after initially looking promising, and i doubt anything else will reach here. now i know how maidstone weather and blizzards feel!

Posted

sorry aj, im with luke on this one, there is a reason to moan when an initially heavy-intense band of rain shrivels up when going through shropshire and becomes nothing more than a bit of drizzle. also this mornings showers went well to the south of west midland county, after initially looking promising, and i doubt anything else will reach here. now i know how maidstone weather and blizzards feel!

lol-the same thing ishappening right now to the rain in wales now. :D

Big black cloud over me now but nothing happening. AM radio crackling alot though.

Posted

everyone's ganging up on me...help :D ....lol

Thats the nature of showers I guess, some get 'em, some dont...we've had heavy rain with thunder associated, others south of brum have missed out...the next time the roles will be reversed no doubt....but NW has a dedicated thread for 'moaning' posts, so perhaps thats where they should go..... :D

Posted

Some very lively showers have past through Swindon with torrential rain.As usual they are turning electrical as they move East, already past Swindon! Fingers crossed for later.

Posted

Some very lively showers have past through Swindon with torrential rain.As usual they are turning electrical as they move East, already past Swindon! Fingers crossed for later.

wow, the NW lightning overlay has certainly sprung to life south and east of Oxford, with the best instability and surface heating shunting east this afternoon, looks like guys and galls in the home counties are in for a treat this afternoon/evening! :D

Posted

I looked out back about 5-10 minutes ago and had that heart-sinking feeling that I might have missed a funnel, because the sky looked absolutely evil and very turbulent. Grabbed my camera and ran off down the road, although nothing but some pics of the sky. I'll post them in a minute because they really do show how impressive that cell is! Anyone to my West, heads up!

Edited by Goatherd