Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/storm Discussion Thurs 23>>>>>>>>>

Posted

I forgot to say in the excitement - there were 5-6 lightning strikes and thunder from it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

had a brief moderate shower, that lasted about 5 minutes.

Still better than me. Lol.

The radar does show a small but moderate shower coming this way. Whether it actually happens is another question.

BIG EDIT: WE HAVE DRIZZLE!!! :D

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I think it is fair to say if I miss out in the next hour or two, I am unfortunate! :D

post-3790-12484393760727_thumb.png

post-3790-12484395047454_thumb.jpg

Edited by Harry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A heavy shower with a couple of flashes of lightning and accompanying cracks of thunder between 1120 and 1135 g.m.t, a short spell of 5-7 mm hail too for good measure.

Posted

I looked out back about 5-10 minutes ago and had that heart-sinking feeling that I might have missed a funnel, because the sky looked absolutely evil and very turbulent. Grabbed my camera and ran off down the road, although nothing but some pics of the sky. I'll post them in a minute because they really do show how impressive that cell is! Anyone to my West, heads up!

hi, skies here in wincanton going very black, wind picking, fingers crossed

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Might be wrong....but I heard something which was very like thunder :cc_confused:

Anyone else in the vicinity who can clarify??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

I think it is fair to say if I miss out in the next hour or two, I am unfortunate! :cc_confused:

You'll be b****y unlucky LOL!

Posted

afternoon all

looks like we are in for another storm laden afternoon here in Lincolnshire, it has got quite dark over the last hour with the odd spot of rain, its been a very warm morning and now it feels close.

Looking at the latest radar and sat images id say we about due for a storm in the next half hour or so, we have had a rumble or two already. convection on the metoffice visable sat is very good and marries up well with the radar images.

you can clearly see in both images the storm fronts, the first moving into N Lincolnshire /Humberside the second a more pronounced band from the SW to N Norfolk/ South Lincolnshire,

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

Edited by Lincs Observation

Posted

Might be wrong....but I heard something which was very like thunder :cc_confused:

Anyone else in the vicinity who can clarify??

Heard it here in SW London - very deep rumbles. The storm is passing to my north, but looks like its going to bullseye central London. All i'm getting is a bit of peripheral rain here.

Posted

Blue sky to my east but very black to my west................just like it says on the radar!

Posted

Thunder Lightning torrential rain seems to be more over the North but sounds like its deep rumbling from the South, actually it is comeing in from both directions some nice CG, some nice lowering of clouds but no rotation, is boiling in doors but cooler outside.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Showers developing around Norwich now although so far we've stayed dry- a line of T-storms approaching from the west now according to the radar, should be interesting!

Posted

Heard it here in SW London - very deep rumbles. The storm is passing to my north, but looks like its going to bullseye central London. All i'm getting is a bit of peripheral rain here.

We seem to be in the middle so storms coming from both directions seems to be grumbling over North, most lightning seems to be that way.

Posted

Showers developing around Norwich now although so far we've stayed dry- a line of T-storms approaching from the west now according to the radar, should be interesting!

Seems to be the usual story of showers developing later than forecast. Now cloudy here, but no sign of lowering skies yet. Slightly dark to the south west, so here's hoping

Actually, looking at the 850 Wind Vectors I wouldn't be surprised to see that heavy rain approaching Norwich slip just east of the city. With any luck, what's happening just south of Marham should track right over me.

Cape now up over 750 according to the radar

Edited by NorthNorfolkWeather