Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/storm Discussion Thurs 23>>>>>>>>>

Posted

Ooh 1 rumble of thunder to my NE just as a very heavy shower from that line going through Devon/Somerset had mostly passed over.

heard a rumble here too, really dark clouds coming, camera at ready :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

2nd! I still await the first drop of the day! How unfair does this get!

you look as if you should get hammered any minute now according to the radar! Cross your fingers. cool.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

As BF said in the technical discussion thread, this could well be the trough to watch!

Already a very pronounced line of quite heavy/thundery downpours - will be interesting to see if the sun gets out, and with potential surface heating, how it interacts with the forecast CAPE!

Watching that trough carefully Harry. A very interesting early - mid afternoon in Herts, Essex, Cambridge and Suffolk.

Seasons

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

you look as if you should get hammered any minute now according to the radar! Cross your fingers. cool.gif

No we arent! :D

If anything we will be lucky to get anything today. Enjoy the downpours everyone else!

Posted

You are not alone - I have not seen a drop of rain either :)

You're welcome to a few inches of ours!!!!

(that didn't sound right :D )

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Watching that trough carefully Harry. A very interesting early - mid afternoon in Herts, Essex, Cambridge and Suffolk.

Seasons

:) possibly further South toooo :D.

Harry, on 24 July 2009 - 11:13 , said:

You are not alone - I have not seen a drop of rain either

You're welcome to a few inches of ours!!!!

(that didn't sound right )

:D

Edited by Harry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

So far ive not known a day like this in ages where everything dies out before here or misses us so much. Im off-this is utter rubbish as usual.

Posted

Oh dear. Haven't even got passed morning and someones already given up :D Like I said at the start of this week, Eern regions were always more likely to get the bigger storms, the positioning of the trough helps, since by the time is reaches there, it should utilise the CAPE avaliable, of which there will be quite a bit of.

I normally would not give up by now but all ive seen so far is rain die out by the time it gets here and showers have just dodged here all morning.

Posted

heard a rumble here too, really dark clouds coming, camera at ready :D

It looked very impressive here as it was approaching, almost like a gust front. Most of the torrential rain just missed here i think but we still had a bit of very heavy stuff. Its mostly cleared now but theres some more towering cumulus and CB's going up to the west and north west of here. Quite a nice little anvil on one of them.. Heres hoping for some more! :)

Posted

im not giving up on today but im not sure my region will be getting anymore thundery showers now

Posted

Said in best Nigella voice:

To make the perfect UK storm, take some heavy rain first thing in the morning, then add sunshine and convection fresh from Sussex. Serve with lashings of lightning during the afternoon and early evening.... :clap:

Edited by Coast

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Its gone dark! , a storm is on the way :clap:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Some very pretty, fluffy convective cumulus here so far - pure white tops and grey bases. Watching the radar with interest for later. :clap:

Edited by w0033944

Posted

You are not alone - I have not seen a drop of rain either :(

Hardly a drop of rain in 5 days here, and it's very unlikely anything will happen here today :clap:

Posted

Awesome stuctures and Cb's, the line has just moved through here but we just caught some light rain. Strikes all around on the UKMO ATD, you can see a hole and that is Bath, shame but maybe a chance later of some thunder or lightning, GFS shows instability about until mid afternoon.

Posted

Said in best Nigella voice:

To make the perfect UK storm, take some heavy rain first thing in the morning, then add sunshine and convection fresh from Sussex. Serve with lashings of lightning during the afternoon and early evening.... :(

:( :lol:

sun's out now! :clap:

Posted

Heavy downpour, now the sun is out. We shall be breeding some beauties for you easteners today I think. Why are people giving up so early? We haven't had a storm since 19 o dot, but I stil like hearing everyone elses posts of their events. Enjoy who ever gets lucky today.....(in the storm sense I meant) tut tut lol

Posted

Haha now the Wales stuff is weakening again. Something good has to develop very soon otherwise it is game over for us-well the game was never on!!!

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Not so thundery rain anymore, just rain that looks set to fall consistantly for some time, not torrential. cark all around but more so the west...

Posted

The mass across Kent now (as PREDICTABLE!!!) has gone boom! Quite rapid intensification as it's passed Maidstone/Tonbridge...sorry TN9/MW - that's what it looks like on radar anyway!

I am expecting an ecstatic neilsouth to post imminently, lol

Posted

And the second shower has developed about 1 mile from me. :clap:

Posted

Just had a deep rumble of thunder. Rain continue to pour down.

Well then - that proves it!

MW and TN9 are among the most unfortunate people in the country! It's one thing being placed geographically so you see little anyway, but to see nothing on an almost constant basis, then goes boom just a few miles further on....harsh!

Check out the two radar grabs below....note they are about 35 mins apart

post-3790-1248433510975_thumb.jpg

post-3790-12484335195367_thumb.jpg

Edited by Harry