Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm/convection Discussion

Ross B

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

looking forward to tomorrow, not because of a rather rubbish storm-risk for here, but because of the much fresher air. A final respite from this horrible muggy and warm yuck we've had for endless weeks. Hopefully a proper nights sleep tomorrow night :unknw:

Hear hear! Don't get me wrong I love the warmth and humidity, but I agree - trying to get a comfortable night sleep lately has been a nightmare! A few times this week the duvet has been relegated, in place of a thin sheet! Tonight though (when I am going out, grr) should be far cooler, if not relative to what we've become accustomed to, cold!!! Brrrr!!

My feeling is that London may scrape a thundery shower later into the afternoon - as the showers line up further W I would anticipate them to march E/SE through the day. While they will readily lose there structure and overall umpfh, I think any well developed and more intense cells which may develop could make to some very lucky Eastern/Southern areas.

Chances are low/moderate IMO of one or two areas getting lucky - so don't expect anything, lol

Posted

I'm off storm chasing in a moment to.......

Croydon :lol:

You'll find me looking for Mammatus and anvils around the huge chimney, in the Swedish shop with pervy sounding furniture, cheap hot dogs and long queues :unknw:

Posted

Showers moving through rather quickly, nothing organised. To be honest its another no stormer :unknw:

Other than the odd claps of thunder, and some heavy showers with a little gusty wind to throw in the mix, it should be a nice day for many, all be it a little colder.

SUFC, you said that clump of shower over the leeds/bradford area is loosing it's intensity? Too me it's either maintaining it or energizing in the centre of it?

Off fishing soon, weather permitted.

Posted

SUFC, you said that clump of shower over the leeds/bradford area is loosing it's intensity? Too me it's either maintaining it or energizing in the centre of it?

That was last night mate :unknw: Plenty of showers to our west,so we'll see what happens in the next few hours :lol:

Posted

That was last night mate :unknw: Plenty of showers to our west,so we'll see what happens in the next few hours :lol:

I think i must have woken up during my sleep.

Right i'm really here now! DOH'!

lol, sorry about that SUFC. I dont think there will be any thunder in this one. TBH cape values are yack, no LI, very low dew points and temps much cooler, so i'm not expecting didly squat today :o

UTT

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Have had some torrential downpours, all about 10 minutes long each but fairly intense and squally nonetheless - a real teaste of autumn! The winds are also rather worrying with the poplars at the end of my road nearly over at 45 degree angles. Another big one to my west at present.

Posted

Lets see what happens when half of the shower gets over the hill tops :o, how much are you betting it fizzles into shizzle.

Posted

Lets see what happens when half of the shower gets over the hill tops 8), how much are you betting it fizzles into shizzle.

Yep 5 minutes of drizzle in the last shower :o It's getting dark again though.

Posted

this is starting to look like a big flop....Shower's seem to be fizzling compared to earlier

It's not even lunchtime yet!

Posted

It's not even lunchtime yet!

it is for me...lol.....

doesnt look good though Ross..or maybe been let down here in Glos to many times..

not to worried on the edge of booking a flight to Spain..

havent seen any storm's since i was with you guys...

Posted

lol, there have been so many let downs this "summer" i'm not even bothering that much with storms.

Probably end up getting a storm today since i just said that...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

This is often the case - you get initial showers through the morning period, though more often than not are little to write home about, especially electrically. Then as the day wears on, normally early afternoon, they erupt!

Posted

lol, there have been so many let downs this "summer" i'm not even bothering that much with storms.

Probably end up getting a storm today since i just said that...

worse summer here for storms Ross.....i would be peeved now if i didnt go to the US this year....like you im not really bothered here anymore...for this summer any way

edit...the only thing erupting Harry is my stomache

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but dull cloud

Don't know about storms, not something i've really been able to familiarize with this summer in the SE BUT

the wind right now seems quite extreme for where i live and the rains just started to hammer it down.8)

This just a start of autumn typical depression im on the edge of?:o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

A few spots of rain earlier though nothing to shout about yet. Still an main action will be from about now till late afternoon. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Oraganised showers in North Wales now however here has dodged all the showers today and we seem to far south for anything right now. :)