Rain / Winds / Storms - Friday Into Saturday

Paul

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Going dark here , heavy shower or storm about to hit! yay

Posted

Thank you Coast.smile.gif It certainly looks more promising for me today lol.( now , how many times have I said that)laugh.gif

torrentail downpour here.with strong gusts..soon to hitt you..

no thunder or lightning yet

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

torrentail downpour here.with strong gusts..soon to hitt you..

no thunder or lightning yet

Hopefully other peoples turn - I feel like a spoilt child after this morning - pathetic I know, but it's been such a long time since I heard proper banging thunder.

post-3790-12581918994511_thumb.png

Posted

hi all, the storm has hit here!! scary the rain torrential and the wind howling through the house, gone very dark keeping an eye on our fence its not happy!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Suddenly gone very dark to the west of here, and the rain is pouring again, very squally.

The sound of chainsaws in the air.

Posted

now is this pathetic or what..

A surfer had to be rescued from life crews as he attempted to go surfing :unsure:

down South

edit...found that extremely funny and stupid

anyway still squally here..VERY...and heavy rain on and off

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

every time we have a couple of really good gusts it then dies down.:mellow:I think the sun is trying to poke through even though it's raining.Oh well...................

Posted

Calm here now - even have blue skies after this mornings storms and heavy rain. Hopefully the calm before the (bigger) storm?

Posted

Big crash outside, somebodies fence or something got blown down I think. Torrential rain now and very dark. Pretty lively squall band this.

Posted

Lashing down here, winds getting increasingly squally too.

you must have some bad floods in places as I think Wales as saw an awfull lot of rain in the last 2 days..

we have a few reports of flooding coming in here at Tewksbury,Tetbury

with a fair few trees gone down over roads..

But I would of thought its worse over your way and Devon/Cornwal

Posted

yo people, getting windy up here now.

Just a quick question, my weather station is setup correctly, but it says my wind direction is NNW. What the hell? could that be from the wind bouncing off from the terrace houses??

help lol

Posted

you must have some bad floods in places as I think Wales as saw an awfull lot of rain in the last 2 days..

we have a few reports of flooding coming in here at Tewksbury,Tetbury

with a fair few trees gone down over roads..

But I would of thought its worse over your way and Devon/Cornwal

Yep we've had a lot of rain from this system, over 2 inches now and still piling up. My area is a bit of a rain hotspot though so we're used to tons of rain. Hasn't really been anything unusual really, we had more rain from the storm last week and similar winds.

Those ahead of this squall line batten down the hatches, its pretty nasty in here.

Edited by Barb

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Well so far a none event here. I see the warnings have gone for here from the met office. Ah well never mind.

Posted

yo people, getting windy up here now.

Just a quick question, my weather station is setup correctly, but it says my wind direction is NNW. What the hell? could that be from the wind bouncing off from the terrace houses??

help lol

Hi Lewis, I have a similar problem, mainly, I think because my station is not optimally sited. I usually ignore the direction from the station, for that I go outside.

Back on Topic, suddenly has got dark here and the NW radar says 'something wicked this way comes'

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

Hi everyone!! well its been crystal clear skies all morning here in good ol' Notts (smell that sarcasm) and we have had wind gusts of about 10 m.p.h! lol!!! Its j-u-s-t starting to cloud over now though, and I t-h-i-n-k the wind is starting to pick up, but frankly, I thought we were suppossed to get a hell of a lot more than this!!! At first I thought I might have slept through it, but at 9am, I went for a walk and there was no broken twigs or bins knocked over or owt- so I reckon Nottingham has its storm sheild up again... +sigh+...

Posted

Morning,

From the MetO radar i am assuming the occluded front is passing over east devon at the mo. Very squally with heavy rain in exeter. From yesterdays Fax charts I had assumed the front was going to pass through a few hours ago (before 6am )and the worse would be over by now. Looking at the Fax i see the low has developed a dual centre, would this explain the delay?

Am meant to be watching the exeter v cornish pirates game this afternoon, can see that being called off as they have a large 1000 seater temporary stand at the ground.

Cheers S

Posted

Its getting very gusty here now, getting concerned as we are surrounded by trees still in leaf, wondering which will go first the trees or my chickens :unsure:

Posted

Its getting very gusty here now, getting concerned as we are surrounded by trees still in leaf, wondering which will go first the trees or my chickens :unsure:

haha! I'm sitting here worrying about exactly the same thing, we have the chicken run at the end of our garden ,which backs on to a graveyard which is full of huge mature trees, like an arboretum.

A few years ago we had a storm and 4 big trees went over there.

I went for a walk afterwards in the graveyard and it was full of branches and toppled trees, the scariest thing was that at the foot of one of the trees was a huge hole and a fallen gravestone, but I didn't have enough courage to look into the hole :crazy:

Posted

Latesst windmap from The Channel Lightship:

WMBas30.png

Look at the purple (>50 knots) coming up The Channel!! :)