Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Rain / Winds / Storms - Friday Into Saturday

Paul

Posted

I'm worried this will turn out to be another squib here. It's breezy outside but nothing special. Latest GFS run has downgraded the intensity of the low as well.

yes got to be honest these thoughts now have been crossing my mind..

Having said that I think some places along the Coast have had it bad..

Also these showers comming in might be quite potent so hopefully some action later

Posted

Morning everyone!

Im about to head off from west london down the M25 then down the A3 to the hayling island area for work,been looking at the forcast and reading the posts on here and might just stay at home.Any ideas on times etc when the main winds will hit the south coast up to the london area?.

Many thanks.

Posted

interesting . no centre ? filling rapidly ?

dickson :) looks like it could be going either way here ;) but if it is going to cause any problems in that area i would say between 0930 and 1000

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

It certainly looks a lot feebler on the satellite now than it did 6 hours ago

http://www.yr.no/satellitt/1.5941760

Posted

the big question here is . MAJOR DOWNGRADE ?

Not in the slightest the sw is currently experienceing a severe storm and here i have had the worst rain i have seen in a hell off a long time. The cold front has not pushed through currently comeing into and in through the sw this will quickly push through i expect the winds to start in around 1/2 hours time as we move on say pass 9am the winds will rapidly get worse.

Posted

We really need to wait for those heavy showees and gust fronts to arrive and the hook that looks set to cross southern england.

Big waves now 6M at the Severn stone and nearly 6m out in the channel.

Posted

We really need to wait for those heavy showees and gust fronts to arrive and the hook that looks set to cross southern england.

Big waves now 6M at the Severn stone and nearly 6m out in the channel.

Agreed yes this is what i have been watching closely overnight and this is what i believe will cause the major impact across southern england this is what roger was saying earlier on through the night. This storm has only just begun and the worst is yet to come.

Posted

Agreed yes this is what i have been watching closely overnight and this is what i believe will cause the major impact across southern england this is what roger was saying earlier on through the night. This storm has only just begun and the worst is yet to come.

You are correct. The worst is yet to come. The SE/London areas are expecting 75mph + gusts to reach peak levels at 1200 hours

Posted

It looks complicated on the IR, but the Low has 2 centres, a lesser one to the North just onshore over Southern Ireland and the central core (with still a risk of Sting-Jet development again as it regains structure in its Eastwards transition) moving across the South Irish Sea.

Accompanying the Central Low is a Trough where earlier this morning a band of CBs grouped together to form a squall line, this qill bring convective upper-level winds to the surface level and some severe SLW gusts can be expected from this aswell as the possible Sting-Jet behind it.

Posted

Good morning all and it's a gale here but nothing unusual yet. having said that there was a tremendous squall that woke me at 6:30 am with hail and severe gusting of wind setting car alarms off.

Getting really squally again now and a few bangs and rattles outside. Nothing out of place in the garden though but then I did put a paving slab on top off the garden chairs last night.

I also reckon the worst will start around 9:00 am to midday and perhaps even longer here, maybe even up until 3:00/4:00 pm.

Posted

That will be our captain hook coming abroad then good news.

This is just an advanced line the really stuff is still just to the west of the Lizard.

Sorry to the Met of the use of their radar.

post-6326-12581835630417_thumb.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Storm, what storm? I think some of us Southerners need to get a grip ;)

Posted

This is just an advanced line the really stuff is still just to the west of the Lizard.

Sorry to the Met of the use of their radar.

Yes Iceberg. That squall line has just reached me and it is looking pretty angry out there. How long do you reckon before the 'real stuff' reaches West Sussex?

The highest gusts here so far where around 3:00 am and they only reached 58mph.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

The sea is just amazing here, will get the camera and take some photos and post in a minute!

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Well away from the southwest another flop bar the rain. Storm what storm will this change later?

Posted

I'm in Billingshurst west Sussex, just woken up to blue sky there are a few huge clouds on the horizon! (where's the wind!!)

I quite agree WS but under those huge clouds (I am at the moment) it is pretty squally. A bit disappointing though as this so far isn't what I would call a storm!

Only Force 8 gusting F9 at the moment, just a winter wind that's all.

Posted

Cold fingers it might take awhile to get to you but tbh I am not very good at judging speeds, your estimate of 09-12 looks right to me.

For us Southern Pansies down here, this is a storm to get excited about ! ;)