Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

shuggee

Posted

Well Little Rissington bearing in mind it's 210mASL has been recording a temp of 0.4c in the last hour, so that meens Dps must be slightly lower than 2-3c noierw I'd say hovering around the 1c mark, which explains why birdlip probably hand snow earlier.

Give it a few hours for my area and me and dogs32 might see the 5 pence size flakes later.yahoo.gif

Filmed earlier :cold:

I told you it wasnt much realy

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Come on everyone! Its dead in here!!! :)

Posted

Am here still LOL, not many posts tonight. Was not sure which thread to psot on as i am on Nottingham / Derby border and near South Yorkshire LOL

Chris

Posted

the latest beeb update shows the bbc are still reluctant to show widespread snow graphics for the next five days.:cold: i am quietly optimistic for thursday onwards i have to say though :)

Edited by azores92

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

That's the spirit! :drinks: Why is it so quiet in here? We're gonna get some nice snowfall during Thursday and Friday, and perhaps during tomorrow evening. Not to mention the weekend!

If you're feeling really excited :yahoo:, happy :D, or just not really fussed <_< about the upcoming snowy spell, we wanna hear (or read in this case) about it!

Indeed-what is everyone doing? Lamp Post Watching? :lol:

Posted

Make the most of the calm nature of the thread. By Thursday/Friday we will be getting through a page every 10 minutes or so. whistling.gif

Feeling very cold outside nowcold.gif

I'm off to work in 3 hours, according to the met office around 4am we could get some snow. hopefully i will be just finishing my last couple of deliveries.

Nothing worse than driving a HGV in bad conditions.

Posted

Temp has been constantly at 3-4C since lunchtime, just horribly grey and murky, can't see us getting anything at this rate unless it gets a LOT colder. Of course with easterlies we often see the precip peter out before getting here anyway.

Posted

Temp -1.2. Dew point is -3.4 according to the weather station up the road. Now all we need is some precipitation

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

whats the score regarding snow on monday?...all weather forecasts show heavy snow for the mindlands monday afternoon!aggressive.gif

monday miles too far away yet, wont be showing heavy snow tomorrow, weekend still way off, but snow should be thursday, 18Z dosent downgrade

SE guys up to page 40 0mg

Posted

whats the score regarding snow on monday?...all weather forecasts show heavy snow for the mindlands monday afternoon!aggressive.gif

Far too early to say with any confidence, hence why people are mostly focussing on events over the next few days. For what it's worth, if the GFS 12z materialised the southern half of the region would be hammered and looking at several inches of snow in parts-- but it's still 120+ hours away and liable to change. A lot.

Posted

monday miles too far away yet, wont be showing heavy snow tomorrow, weekend still way off, but snow should be thursday, 18Z dosent downgrade

but what are the current indications for monday tho?..cool.gif

Posted

Well one internet weather site says heavy snow also for northants, but like some people have already said,monday is way off yet.

Posted

GFS 18z run has, I think, upgraded on the precip front from the north east. Let's put this into perspective, we're getting very, very cold air which is indicated by the 850hPa temps and dewpoint, with enough moisture being drawn up from the north sea, and with a strengthening flow, we should get some heavy snow showers being blown across the west Midlands.

Just waiting for the rest of the run to come out....

Id tend to disagree in regards to thursdays snow, sinks the band south quicker.

Posted

see 18Z most likely change, will update in next half hour on 18Z,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Evening troopers :D ...Another day, another dollar, working outside in the freezing cold :lol: ...Today it was Daventry & Badby, and it was jolly freezing|!..Had a short spell of freezing rain/sleet around 5pm....got soaked through for the 2nd day running...Tomorrow its Lutterworth & Leicester again, so no doubt I'll get soaked for a third consecutive day!

Posted

To be fair I think there are simply more members on Netweather based in the south-east than any other region. We're outnumbered basically!

But it would be nice if this thread could be a bit more active given the potential that undoubtedly exists as soon as tomorrow.

It's a shame TEITS hasn't joined us yet this year, instead favouring the more popular SE thread.

Posted

To be fair I think there are simply more members on Netweather based in the south-east than any other region. We're outnumbered basically!

But it would be nice if this thread could be a bit more active given the potential that undoubtedly exists as soon as tomorrow.

It's a shame TEITS hasn't joined us yet this year, instead favouring the more popular SE thread.

definitely agree about TEITS, one of my favourite posters

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Temp and dewpoint both showing -0.8c anything later will readily fall as snow. Outlook for the next few days not looking to shabby. Very reminescent of 1981 I think, when the snow just kept coming along with the intensity of the cold.