Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow or Sun

BBC/Weather suggests heavy snow for Herts tonight is that correct or a load of cods...?

Posted

Last night right for the west , wrong for here.

Depends where you live in this SEVERE spell i guess :good:

P.s No i don't see 15cm coming out of this , 5cm MAX

that said we still have a good 2-3 inches of lying snow :lol: - so can't complain

no way I'm going out on the roads tomorrow morning - even after the day of sun on our local (unsalted) roads, it was very dicey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, sun, thunder, storms, frosts, summer heatwaves.

Right - time for a break, looking at the radar Im now 60% confident (up from 50%)that tonight will bring a packet of snow showers to my neck of the woods. Still that annoying 40% of bugger all, but... 9pm onwards right through to midday tomorrow - thats 15 hours of potential for 15 cms of snow - heres hoping :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

The eastern band of showers is fizzling shortly after making landfall, but the western streamer looks to be packing a fair punch!

Posted

As I said in a much earlier post the general forcast and severe weather warning for east Anglia, Bedfordshire,

Hertfordshire, the home counties and then on down into the southeast was very wide of the mark today.

Instead of mostly cloudy heavy snow showers, fresh to strong winds and possible 10 to 20 centimetres of

snow the majority of locations were very cold and sunny with light to moderate winds but mainly dry.

Take the severe weather warnings with a large pinch of salt.

I think it would be fair to say that only 1 in 3 are correct.

Posted

Right - time for a break, looking at the radar Im now 60% confident (up from 50%)that tonight will bring a packet of snow showers to my neck of the woods. Still that annoying 40% of bugger all, but... 9pm onwards right through to midday tomorrow - thats 15 hours of potential for 15 cms of snow - heres hoping :blink:

I admire your optimism :whistling:

Posted

The eastern band of showers is fizzling shortly after making landfall, but the western streamer looks to be packing a fair punch!

Well.........really heavy snow in Norwich, been going for 10/15 mins now.

Posted

As I said in a much earlier post the general forcast and severe weather warning for east Anglia, Bedfordshire,

Hertfordshire, the home counties and then on down into the southeast was very wide of the mark today.

Instead of mostly cloudy heavy snow showers, fresh to strong winds and possible 10 to 20 centimetres of

snow the majority of locations were very cold and sunny with light to moderate winds but mainly dry.

Take the severe weather warnings with a large pinch of salt.

I think it would be fair to say that only 1 in 3 are correct.

But then they did get the one for last night pretty correct IMO.

TBH I never really saw and warnings for Herts/Beds and certainly nothing on the BBC forecasts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Snowing again:yahoo:Not for long but there seems to be quite a line above N Norfolk coast. What is generatng it? Convection? Temperature's dropped a degree in half an hour.

My dream is to wake up to find all our footsteps in the snow gone and another pristine playground like this morning's.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

But then they did get the one for last night pretty correct IMO.

TBH I never really saw and warnings for Herts/Beds and certainly nothing on the BBC forecasts.

The showers coming through look like they will give you a dusting at least. They seem to be maintaining their flow through and showing less signs of deterioration than earlier. Could be interesting...I even expect to see just a few flakes make it down to London.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Should be sleeting or snowing in margate/ramsgate by now...

Posted

I'm in East Berkshire, got a good dumping last night. Still lying out there, except the roads which have transformed in to ice rinks!

It would seem that snow is not on the cards for my area tonight. The issue now is ice? My snow fun looks over! Mind you the warning on meto doesn't cover my area, just ice warning.

Edited by rmc1987

Posted

naff all last night apart from the lightest of dustings, naff all tonight(not that i was expecting anything).

good luck to you in the extreme(and i mean extreme) east tonight

Posted

First post since the server was upgraded:

Ive had some light snow earlier, giving another centimetre, more batches of showers during the night, Another Met flash warning:

East of England: Cambridgeshire Essex Norfolk Peterborough Southend-on-Sea Suffolk Thurrock Heavy Snow 0001 Sat 19 1000 Sat 19 Snow showers will continue overnight and Saturday morning with further accumulations of 3 to 8 cm expected in places. This may lead to disruption of travel networks.

Issued at: 2157 Fri 18 Dec

:whistling: