Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Notts and Lincs now incuded in Met Office warnings, if you track the flow looks like its on a NW to SE axis

although XWeather shows a straight wind flow due east.

Posted

Well, so far in South Derbyshire, its not as some may think. 5 Minutes of light snow, and its stopped already (in fact, I can see the sun peeping out now).

It goes to show how hit and miss things can be.

Posted

It just goes to show that you should never give up hope on snow. Here in Nottingham, it has been snowing hard for about 45 minutes or so. Nowhere in any forecast was this suggested although I thought we might get a flurry of some description. Infact, it has been the best snowfall of the entire cold snap (not that difficult in this area as seemed to miss everything else!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Didn't you get rain last night? At least that's something...:D

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Looks like some in the East Midlands may see a bit of a 'wintry mix' tomorrow-eeek i said wintry mix. :lol:

Still time for change but as it stands at the moment Christmas Eve looks interesting. :)

Posted

Well, so far in South Derbyshire, its not as some may think. 5 Minutes of light snow, and its stopped already (in fact, I can see the sun peeping out now).

It goes to show how hit and miss things can be.

Thats disappointing to here as the band is nearly reaching my area. Still I shouldn't complain as I have a nice deep covering of snow here at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I am ABSOLUTELY GUTTED.

That band of snow that has just moved across Nottingham and North Leicester has missed me by about a 1 mile :yahoo:

I looked out the patio doors, can see the snow sweeping across the sky to my North, literally about a mile or 2 away and it JUST missed, we didn't get a flake. Can't believe it, I was moaning earlier but this is even worse.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

It just goes to show that you should never give up hope on snow. Here in Nottingham, it has been snowing hard for about 45 minutes or so. Nowhere in any forecast was this suggested although I thought we might get a flurry of some description. Infact, it has been the best snowfall of the entire cold snap (not that difficult in this area as seemed to miss everything else!)

Too right!! Totally unpredicted and RANDOM. So happy!!! Although is it just me, or is it turning into rainy mist???

I am ABSOLUTELY GUTTED.

That band of snow that has just moved across Nottingham and North Leicester has missed me by about a 1 mile laugh.gif

I looked out the patio doors, can see the snow sweeping across the sky to my North, literally about a mile or 2 away and it JUST missed, we didn't get a flake. Can't believe it, I was moaning earlier but this is even worse.

aw man, thats crack-open-a-beer-tackle, that is. I think I would explode into a supernova if that happened... theres still more heading oyur way though, maybe it can still give you a few flakes at least?? Thats so GUTTED!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

what a 'wonderful' weekend...no snow, despite the forecasts, the bank has screwed up on my account, and now england's batsmen have committed suicide in the test match...roll on monday! :rolleyes:

Posted

Too right!! Totally unpredicted and RANDOM. So happy!!! Although is it just me, or is it turning into rainy mist???

aw man, thats crack-open-a-beer-tackle, that is. I think I would explode into a supernova if that happened... theres still more heading oyur way though, maybe it can still give you a few flakes at least?? Thats so GUTTED!!!!

Bet it chucked it down in Notts didn't it?

Posted

According to the radar andy you should be seeing something?

It missed by 1-2 miles :lol:

Could see the snow sweeping through the sky just to my North, I am in SW Leicester. If I was in N Leicester I would have got a decent shower.

Posted

Just been for a walk along the canal with the dog. Can see the tops of the snow clouds way up to the north and east. Upwind of us, more of that clear winter sky! Should be another hard freeze tonight then. The canal is very much frozen and we've kept most of our little amount of snow on the ground today.

A small silver lining for no snow showers today is that the anvils and what nots to the east and north look impressive with the setting sun reflecting off them.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

Bet it chucked it down in Notts didn't it?

HAHAHAHA!! Just as I read that, I looked out my window and the snow is like gigantic frisbees. Its absolutely CHUCKING it down. Total freakshow though, as this never happens here --EVER. ---Im sure its supernatural hahaha!!! I cant imagine leicester escaping some of this at least?

Posted

It missed by 1-2 miles laugh.gif

Could see the snow sweeping through the sky just to my North, I am in SW Leicester. If I was in N Leicester I would have got a decent shower.

Now that is bad luck.

Posted

HAHAHAHA!! Just as I read that, I looked out my window and the snow is like gigantic frisbees. Its absolutely CHUCKING it down. Total freakshow though, as this never happens here --EVER. ---Im sure its supernatural hahaha!!! I cant imagine leicester escaping some of this at least?

Nope, radar says NOPE lol. It's moving Eastwards so I have missed out completely. Oh well, I have a 0.1cm sugar dusting on the road still :lol:

Posted

Moderate snow falling once again in Newark, radar suggests we could see a few hours of snowfall into this evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Would not surprise me to see snow falling in Leics & Northants later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Snowing in Notts although I'm not there to enjoy it! Can see big flakes falling via my webcams so looks good.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

GFS 12Z petty much wipes out our snow chances of Thursday but it will change.

Posted

Nope, radar says NOPE lol. It's moving Eastwards so I have missed out completely. Oh well, I have a 0.1cm sugar dusting on the road still :rolleyes:

We have been so unlucky regarding snow its unbelievable, missed snow today by 5miles, had a massive gap in the precip as that band moved through yesterday just big enough for us to fit through, and last thurs into friday we missed out to the east by about 20/25miles.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & thunder storms.

We missed out yet again, but I have to say its been a gloriously cold and sunny winters day.

Maybe we will be lucky next time the snows about. I guess its game over for the time being.