Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion.

Methuselah

Posted

Shouldn't have put traffic lights by the new VUE leisure complex because it's caused chaos but when it snowed the other day everyone was in a mad panic to get out a flee the town because the snow was very heavy, very quick and very settling. It caused mayhen around the town. The roads didn't clear until 1845 hrs...but now it has all gone.....chaotic weather to the extreme.

If this happens again...we should be prepared but something tells me we're not...

rain or snow....

am going to bed now to dream of waking up to a wet landscape or a winter wonderland...

i think it'll be a bit of a mix and a very messy day. The panic will set in later on again on Tuesday when it starts to turn very cold and snow starts settling in.....or will it...

who knows...

West pontnewydd this end by the way, where are you Nevesy?

Hopefully its the latter!

Im in Old Cwmbran btw, also going to hit the sack now!

Good luck all.

Posted

interesting

on the NW radar there is precipitation all around me here in Maesteg, and sleet is showing up as well. been out, and it's still dry, but encouraging to see the sleet level down here so soon.

Posted
  • Location: Upper Cwmbran NP44 S E Wales - 5 Miles east of Newport 150m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: SACRA member
  • Location: Upper Cwmbran NP44 S E Wales - 5 Miles east of Newport 150m ASL

It's 1.8C here and lets hope it doesn't get any milder...finishing my last ciggy now and off we go..

good luck all

see you on here tomorrow morning wet or frozen

Bullworker

Cwmbran ( west pontnewydd ) SE wales 100m asl 5 milkes east of Newport higher ground

Posted

Temperature up to 1.9C. I'm thinking it's result of increased cloud cover and the warm air starting to come in from the leading front. Once the cold front follows behind/meets, it should drop down again during the Night to temps that would be more likely for snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Temperature up to 1.9C. I'm thinking it's result of increased cloud cover and the warm air starting to come in from the leading front. Once the cold front follows behind/meets, it should drop down again during the Night to temps that would be more likely for snow.

Temperture droping here again still far too high for snow at the moment at 1.9c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Temp 2.2C winds increasing from the NE/E

Posted

Some of the higher ground is going to get totally nailed in this set-up, of course so could lower ground but the extra altitude will turn this away from marginality, gotta be thinking anything towards a foot and possibly above is likely on the some of the higher ground that is east facing.

Posted

Sleet is falling here.

Posted

Currently sleeting here all be it very light I'm a bit worried to say the truth temp is 3 degrees, not looking good atm.

Posted

It was never looking good for me so sleet here is amazing... don't worry you'll probably end up doing well Adam

Current Obs:

Llanelli:

Temp 3.6C

Dew 0.9C

Carmarthen (Nantgaredig):

Temp 2.7

Dew -3

Edited by shaunwales

Posted

It was never looking good for me so sleet here is amazing... don't worry you'll probably end up doing well Adam

U hope so its so light at the moment its hrad to tell what it is yanno? what you mean by more snowy shaun?

Posted

U hope so its so light at the moment its hrad to tell what it is yanno? what you mean by more snowy shaun?

There was more snow/wet snow flakes in the rain mix in a heavier burst of falling precipitation when I looked out.

Currently light.

Posted

The PPN is starting to hit land in Wales then? I'm on my 6th strongbow so bear with me :rolleyes:

Haha mate we need whisky down here its so tense, must say have been out all night had a few myself and all i can say is even if the thermometer is readin 2.6 atm it was -2 before the cloud came in and the wind was bone biting.

Posted

The PPN is starting to hit land in Wales then? I'm on my 6th strongbow so bear with me :rolleyes:

I wish I could join you, need a few to knock me out now

Edited by shaunwales

Posted

There was more snow/wet snow flakes in the rain mix in a heavier burst of falling precipitation when I looked out.

Currently light.

Well that definetly bodes well for here then :rolleyes: bet your a little more optimistic now?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

*throws you guys some strongbows*

Join me :rolleyes: Still no idea what is going to happen for me to be honest, I am slap bang in the Center of England not far from Birmingham. Might see some snow later on today or might not... Never been so unsure just 12 hours from an event!

Posted

Yeah I suppose, but drizzle maybe snizzle now...

Oh and I searched for the the definition of snizzle:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=snizzle

The first result is quite something

lol, some snizzle around here, not the first result though unfortunately

Posted

lol, some snizzle around here, not the first result though unfortunately

Haha, yes i bet we've all fought about that kind of snizzle :p Well done for bringing some innocent humour :) i MEAN LET'S BE ONEST, We welsh are always up for a laugh we try not to offend anybody and we try to see the best of things, this thread definetly relects that :p Cries the Up his own I have a problem Welsh nat :p joke haha but seriouslY :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Hmmm i'm concerned. Just looked on XCweather... Cardiff temps 3c dew point 2c... That is worrying because it will never snow with that temp. Also in Hereford the temps are around 2c with 2c dew point that is also worrying because that is too high again and will not snow in those kind of conditions. I hope the temps drop a bit but I can't see the temps dropping through the daytime hours :p