Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Anywhere down the coast can expect snow showers i would have thought.

when does a puppy become a dog, when does a kitten become a cat and when does the coast become inland? lol

Posted

hi all, becoming confused here, i have seen a few forecasts for here and it ranges from light drizzle to snow showers, chilly to very cold,metcheck have us down for snow showers on friday, met office have us down for being dry, who should i go with ??

Don't bother with Met check, go by the warnings for heavy snow.

Posted

1000 quid, how about a pint :cold:?

lewis

You drive a hard bargain. Done. :drunk:

Posted

You drive a hard bargain. Done. :wallbash:

I sure do :lol: Just polishing off a stuffed crust bolognese with extra garlic,mushroom,onion, with a lovely ice cold can of stella. I'll post you a piece in return of them documents haha.

Not long until the ECM starts coming out,so hopefully it will be a cracker :lol:

Hope so mate,

u seen the GEM? :lol:

post-2644-12621962771613_thumb.png

Posted

Yep AMAZING model output today :D

Edit. yet again the model thread is all about the SOUTH :lol: :lol:

Edited by sufc

Posted

Yep AMAZING model output today :lol:

Edit. yet again the model thread is all about the SOUTH :lol: :lol:

Very good Model output this evening for a long lasting, cold spell with varying amounts of snow, these will almost certainly be nowcast situations with troughs developing in the N.Sea.

Re-Model thread, people are simply commenting from an IMBY point of view. Don't get to worked up about it, there's plenty on offer over the next 10 days or so in these neck of the woods.

Posted

Yep AMAZING model output today good.gif

Edit. yet again the model thread is all about the SOUTH wallbash.gifwallbash.gif

flipping heck i thought i was the only one who thought this about it being about the south. i am sick of hearing about it everytime these snowy cold spells show they always end up losing out eventually. im sorry but i hope this is the case for them again, they seem to forget that there is a northen half to the uk.

any snow here for friday and next week?

also that ecm chart at 240 hrs, isn't exactly jaw dropping, but its a long way and i could be looking at it wrong?

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Now the warmest part of the day at 2.2c but dew point has dropped to -0.6C. So if it did try to drop anything from the sky it should be snow.

Posted

flipping heck i thought i was the only one who thought this about it being about the south. i am sick of hearing about it everytime these snowy cold spells show they always end up losing out eventually. im sorry but i hope this is the case for them again, they seem to forget that there is a northen half to the uk.

any snow here for friday and next week?

also that ecm chart at 240 hrs, isn't exactly jaw dropping, but its a long way and i could be looking at it wrong?

Yeah it does get a bit annoying reading the model thread with the SE bias.The models are fantastic tonight and would give us plenty of opportunities for snow :lol: although the crucial period is still around +120 to +144. Forget the ECM 240 chart thats looking way to far ahead :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

The lying snow this evening is the very essence of marginal. Below 320m there are patches of old snow and a few traces of this morning's snow covering about 20% of the ground. At 320-335m there are several large, open fields with just a few patches of old snow yet the fields beyond, at virtually the same height ( 3-5m higher ) and only 50 mts distant, are completely white.

Posted

The lying snow this evening is the very essence of marginal. Below 320m there are patches of old snow and a few traces of this morning's snow covering about 20% of the ground. At 320-335m there are several large, open fields with just a few patches of old snow yet the fields beyond, at virtually the same height ( 3-5m higher ) and only 50 mts distant, are completely white.

Went to Manchester to see the family today over the M62

After 12 hours plus of quite heavy rain and windy weather last night with nothing white

Hit sleet at Leeds then snow at Huddersfield then rain dropping down in to Rochdale

On the way back quite heavy sleet at Rochdale the nothing all the way back but a decent covering of snow on the tops.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

I went for a drive out to Buxton and had a meal out there last night when i got there it was sleeting which i found quite incredible considering how high up Buxton is when i came back out the restauraunt it was snowing very heavily i went back via Dove Holes Sparrowpit which was very tricky indeed.

There was snow settling on the roads all the way from Buxton to around foolow i then dropped down into the valley through Stoney Middleton where it was only sleeting on my way back through the hills to Sheffield it was snowing very heavily on the tops near fox house where the roads were also very tricky.

Once i dropped back into Holmesfield it turned back to sleet all the way to Gleadless townend then it turned to rain as i dropped into the valley where i live at Killamarsh as it always does :wallbash:

Everyone get a good nights sleep tonight,

your gunna need it tomorrow :p

What even us in Sheffield where every time a decent snow event is progged it always ends up raining i will believe it when i see it.

Edited by Derbyshire_snow

Posted

right then people, been out all day and cheerd up with seeing avatar! such a imense film! so whats the update today? is it amazing news? :wallbash:

Posted

right then people, been out all day and cheerd up with seeing avatar! such a imense film! so whats the update today? is it amazing news? :wallbash:

Super upgrade, snow on it's way :p latest charts show us with snow and bitter temps until 13th Jan lol

snow starts tomorrow afternoon

Posted

right then people, been out all day and cheerd up with seeing avatar! such a imense film! so whats the update today? is it amazing news? :p

Great models today mate, but we still have to wait a few days to be sure of this coming off.If things are still looking good by friday night then i'll be having a mega ramp :wallbash: so far so good today though :)

We could see snow tomorrow but the main action is early next week.

Edited by sufc

Posted

Super upgrade, snow on it's way :p latest charts show us with snow and bitter temps until 13th Jan lol

snow starts tomorrow afternoon

Hope so mate, all my snow cover has almost completely gone, so I'm ready for a top-up. :wallbash:

Posted

Hope so mate, all my snow cover has almost completely gone, so I'm ready for a top-up. :wallbash:

10-15cm for you tomorrow night :)

It's on its way!!! :p

As showers push South, they will tend to break up, won't be as potent (organized) around here. But you never know.

Lewis

Posted

We could all do with one of those, GMG :p

Posted

10-15cm for you tomorrow night :)

It's on its way!!! :p

As showers push South, they will tend to break up, won't be as potent (organized) around here. But you never know.

Lewis

I thought the temps would of been dropping by now,but it's still 5c here :wallbash:

Posted

Just started picking up a few light showers rolling in from Filey. Light hail and sleet, temp 2.6, DP -2. You getting them GMG?