Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

n24 forecast has just said, and I quote "a few showers" for Wednesday - gesturing towards the SE.

No wonder Joe Public has no faith, that's 3 differently detailed forecasts from the Beeb in the last 20 minutes (one being Tomasz's overramp on youtube)

Edited by Nick.F

Posted

fri/sat could have had a better forcaster

MetO/BBC is notoriously bad at 5 days on, whether for warmer or colder - and the message is the same whichever forecaster [sp] they use because they're more or less constricted to what the model says, whether it's Tomasz Shaffything, Peter Gibbs or Helen Willetts. That's why the Countryfile forecast never usually goes beyond Thursday

Posted

Seriously I think some on here need to consider a break from trying to analyse every single interpretation of the weather ahead then stating upgrade/downgrade after each. I fear for your health. It can't do you any good living a rollercoaster like that.

Just look at the guidance here and stick to forecasts made later in the evenings on BBC if you must watch media, as they will more likely take into account the latest model runs.

Snow risk in this region Tuesday onwards.

Posted

I suppose they are just covering their backs in case it is not as bad. Mind you according to that weather forecast it is going to snow in the East every day next week! I thought Dan Corbett was subdued though.:nea:

Posted

The models have delayed the set-up for the end of the week but this is because the models have UPGRADED the possible snowfall for Wednesday....indeed Wednesday looks very similar to the set-up we had in December, big uncertainties though of course!

Every day from Tuesday through to at least Satrday/Sunday has a reasonable snow threat...its a BIG upgrade for our location because it agrees with the 12z GFS very closely!

When you say upgrade what do you mean? How would you say I'll fair here in East of Berks?

Posted

The further it seems to get put back, doubts start to weather it will change within in the next 5 days.............. hope im wrong of course

I am slso started to have a few doubts about this 'major event countrywide' that should have already started. ! It seems we are always chasing the carrot on the stick, and each day it gets moved further and further back.

By now we shouldve had heavy snowfall in Cambs, if last weeks posts were to be believed. Then it was wait til Tuesday....now im hearing wait til next weekend..!!

Oh come on, play the game. If im gonna wish my life away all week - it had better not let me down. Just think i will be on here next sunday moaning again.

(God, can you tell im back at work tomorrow..!!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

I was a bit disappointed, it's not often you get to do a forecast like that, i thought Dan should have looked a little more excited

Posted

If you were to look at the GFS precip forecasts you wouldn't be far wrong from what the Beeb are suggesting for Wednesday, maybe the GFS is a little OTT but the general and broad idea would be similar.

Big attention needs to be payed to it however, because these set-ups only need a slight shift to bring other parts of the region into/out of play.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Just looked at the 5 day forecast for tunbridge wells in Kent it says sunny!!!!what's going on?

IGNORE the online 5 day forecasts. they are rubbish. just listen to what people on here are saying and watch the bbc tv forecasts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

Finally got a white covering outside.. Started as a heavy ish (the noise alerted me as I'd given up for the night) hail/graupel shower and now it's more snow by the looks of it. Nice to see a dusting however small again :nea:

Posted

has anyone had anything in the way of snow in the kent area in the last 30 minutes ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

If you were to look at the GFS precip forecasts you wouldn't be far wrong from what the Beeb are suggesting for Wednesday, maybe the GFS is a little OTT but the general and broad idea would be similar.

Big attention needs to be payed to it however, because these set-ups only need a slight shift to bring other parts of the region into/out of play.

But it seems that these shifts always seem to be negative for us off the coasts, especially in London.

It would be nice if one of these so called 'nailed-on' events were to actually come to fruition. We seem to always do best out of the surprise situation (streamers in particular). I hope it does come through, but this 'carrot on stick' scenario is doing my head in.

Posted

I suppose they are just covering their backs in case it is not as bad. Mind you according to that weather forecast it is going to snow in the East every day next week! I thought Dan Corbett was subdued though.:nea:

Agreed about Dan Corbett - he didn't seem that bothered to me about the weeks upcoming weather, quite disappointed infact.

Posted

Been snowing here in Herne Bay for over an hour now....about 1cm settled on the ground

i use to live there kings road next to the petrol station lol ,i was watching cloud appering over that way and thats why i asked ,same for North Norfolk ,seems to be cloud there making its way south

Edited by simon65

Posted

Ill stick to my charts..and by next week -end the easterly wind will be so strong..with a very big wind chill..it will take a brave person to venture out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

That's right ignore the Met Office they haven't got clue.

I was referring to the BBC's online 5 day forecasts, not the Met Office.

Posted

i use to live there kings road next to the petrol station lol ,i was watching cloud appering over that way and thats why i asked ,same for North Norfolk ,seems to be cloud there making its way south

Just hope it keeps going....I was so disappointed with the last lot of snow before Xmas missing us!!

Posted

Agreed about Dan Corbett - he didn't seem that bothered to me about the weeks upcoming weather, quite disappointed infact.

He hates cold weather. He drives me mad in fact, saw one forecast the other day where he smiled as he waved his hand over northern Ireland "numbers doing a bit better here". It was four degrees, and raining.

Posted

Currently have a snow pellet shower here, looks like there's more in the estaury to come thanks to change in wind direction.

Posted

I am so dissapointed with the country file weather report,really thought it was going to show much more snow,starting to think it wont happen now,i dont have the knowledge that a lot of you guys have about the weather,i just love it and really want to see a lot of snow falling from those clouds,but am starting to think it wont be like what we all hoped for,cray.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

Currently have a snow pellet shower here, looks like there's more in the estaury to come thanks to change in wind direction.

We had that here and its still going but just very light snow now.. All nice and white outside though, and yes still more to come on the 5 min radar for us