Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Yes Tom, a tiny tiny dusting. I can cope with that. I was 4years old in the winter of 62/63 (do the maths). Like you I have seen extreme winters and extreme snow events. As nice as it would be to have a historical snow event it's a bit scary too. I'm a nurse. staff wouldn't get into work. Ambulances wont get through. It's a life threatening situation really.

Jan

i totally agree with this ,as nice as it all looks its dangerous for old people to slip and emergency services getting to places ,i say grab a shovel and go help

Edited by simon65

Posted

i totally agree with this ,as nice as it all looks its dangerous for old people to slip and emergency services getting to places ,i say grab a shovel and go help

Hi Simon,

In my experience, in these situations everyone seems to roll their sleeves up and muck in. It certainly helps with community spirit.

Jan

Posted

Hmm got to take my elderly mother to the hospital at welwyn garden city on friday and dont want to miss the appointment.

I wonder what my chances will be :yahoo: :yahoo:

You can phone the hospital and re-arrange the appt if the weather is bad. The NHS does understand

Jan

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: We've hit the giant daddy jackpot!

Yes Tom, a tiny tiny dusting. I can cope with that. I was 4years old in the winter of 62/63 (do the maths). Like you I have seen extreme winters and extreme snow events. As nice as it would be to have a historical snow event it's a bit scary too. I'm a nurse. staff wouldn't get into work. Ambulances wont get through. It's a life threatening situation really.

Jan

A point well made. When it gets severe it can be life threatening too. Let's hope the elderly are checked on during the winter.

Posted

Just been updated for Norfolk, Suffolk and Essex. Heavy snow Tues, Wed and Thursday then the winds will really pick up on a strong Easterly with drifting. Loads of snow on the way for this week.:yahoo::yahoo:

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

The roads are white again , everything is deadly icey! :yahoo:

Posted

You can phone the hospital and re-arrange the appt if the weather is bad. The NHS does understand

Jan

Thanks jan im not thinking straight, if the worst happens thats what i will do :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

Hmm got to take my elderly mother to the hospital at welwyn garden city on friday and dont want to miss the appointment.

I wonder what my chances will be :cold::yahoo:

I need to travel up from Shoeburyness to take my boyfriend back where he lives in Ware, as he has a hospital appt on Monday. Meant to be going Saturday. but now seriously wondering if we should go Tuesday instead before it gets too bad.

Just been updated for Norfolk, Suffolk and Essex. Heavy snow Tues, Wed and Thursday then the winds will really pick up on a strong Easterly with drifting. Loads of snow on the way for this week.:yahoo::cold:

Mines showing from Wednesday onwards. Was hoping to travel to Hertfordshire and back on Tuesday

Posted

The roads are white again , everything is deadly icey! :D

Yep there is another one heading south towards Kings lynn at the moment, heading almost due south.

Posted

I would post a map of the most at risk areas but I dont have the time tonight. I bet that the BBC forecast heavy snow for a majority of our region for Friday, after their Countryfile forecast.

Posted

All is white! , about 2cm in some areas :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Love a good old Thunderstorm.

I wonder what my chances will be :D :D

I live in WGC. I will post Thursday night what the roads are like around here but it looks like Friday will be the worst for us. No snow since just before Christmas. Roads were awful. AS others stated you can always re-book.

Posted

To be honest I'd rather keep the clear skies here, as you said earlier get those temps as low as possible, esp being close to the estuary we tend to need to get as cold as possible.

I have to admit my journey back from Guildford to Essex on the 9th could be very very interesting...

I can beat that, i have Norfolk to Guildford on Tues night, then back again Thursday night :D

Posted

One word for Wednesday... "WOW"

UKMO (Fax): http://www.meteociel.fr/ukmo/fax/fax72s.gif

ECM: http://www.meteogroup.co.uk/meteo/ecmwf/NSea/2010010312/NSea_2010010312_pmsl_72.png

Forget next weekend... for now!

drinks.gifdrinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

This mornings countryfile forecast for those still after the link.

http://www.youtube.com/user/terratec365#p/a/u/2/FzOGt-NlfLE

Posted

I'm dreading going to work this week. I'm a postie and I hate it having to work out in the ice. I hope my manager watches the forecast and makes a sensible decision, though give him his due he did keep us in for a couple of days the week before xmas as it was treacherous underfoot. Its a shame there is no legislation about people keeping there paths and the pavements outside their properties clear. Sorry OT :D

I am really looking forward to the forthcoming event...........honest :D

Posted

One word for Wednesday... "WOW"

UKMO (Fax): http://www.meteociel.fr/ukmo/fax/fax72s.gif

ECM: http://www.meteogroup.co.uk/meteo/ecmwf/NSea/2010010312/NSea_2010010312_pmsl_72.png

Forget next weekend... for now!

drinks.gifdrinks.gif

That worries me though , the last time a low pressure center came over us it killed the showers off totaly! :D:D

Posted

I can beat that, i have Norfolk to Guildford on Tues night, then back again Thursday night :whistling:

I do not envy you. You may have fun and games (if you could call it that :unsure:) Keep safe and drive steady.:cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: We've hit the giant daddy jackpot!

Is there any chance of heavy snow in Kent on Tuesday night and Wednesday thanks .?

Just seen the latest update on BBC News 24 with Daniel Corbett showing moderate to heavy snow from Wednesday morning for Kent and East Sussex.