Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

The models have delayed the set-up for the end of the week but this is because the models have UPGRADED the possible snowfall for Wednesday....indeed Wednesday looks very similar to the set-up we had in December, big uncertainties though of course!

Every day from Tuesday through to at least Satrday/Sunday has a reasonable snow threat...its a BIG upgrade for our location because it agrees with the 12z GFS very closely!

KW, Ian Fergusson seems upbeat to the events this week. Take a look at these two links. They are very interesting:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Sorry about that. Ignore the BBC they haven't got a clue.

Again, I wasnt saying the BBC havent got a clue, i said the BBC websites 5 day forecasts are rubbish. Two very different things.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

We have had very light snow here in Eastbourne for the last hour now, the net weather 5 min radar has been showing it drifting this far before the south downs seem to kill it off about a mile to my East. Very, very slight grains on surfaces but snow anyway!

Posted

ill have u know lots of ppl live here :cold:

Figure of speech old chap. You grasp what I'm getting at. Your area is a snow favoured zone, so a few inches there is nice for you but not newsworthy. Now, February 2, 6-12 inches across London, total closedown. 5 million free days off work. That's what I call weather!

Edited by Downpour

Posted

Figure of speech old chap. You grasp what I'm getting at. Your area is a snow favoured zone, so a few inches there is nice for you but not newsworthy. Now, February 2, 6-12 inches across London, total closedown. 5 million free days off work. That's what I call weather!

well by friday the whole of the east/south east or the weekend will be shut downcold.gifcold.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

It is irritating. I actually think there is a case for a London thread. Yes I know it snows in east Kent ya da ya da. But noone lives there. Lets face facts. For this to go down as a classic winter London needs to get pummelled. At least twice. Let's discuss that possibility more rather than whether Strawville-on-sea is going to get another 7.2 cm or whatever.

HAHAHA!

No, it is brilliant to have the advance warning that the members from the home counties provide, invaluable in fact, but we may need a Central London Whinge Thread in the coming days, rather than hearing the unbounded joy from the members in the East and South East corners.

(only joking)

Posted

Is this event actually going to come off? It's been put back further again. I'm not expecting much here as it very much sounds an Essex/EA event. Hope someone can clear things for me...so many things being said.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

Light Snow falling now in Gravesend. Temp -0.3c steady. Showers are now moving from an Easterly direction.

well things still interesting- a nice snow shower moving wsw into the mouth of the estuary-

Interestingly the actual direction of the showers is now perfect for a streamer- sadly there is minimal convection- saying that- enough lift to get a few showers going-

I think for most of us a nice dusting would be a nice appetiser for the rest of the week....

S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

Was just looking at the chances of a streamer there, and I only wish there was more convection out there, it could have been one of those classic surprise situations.

Posted

Light Snow falling now in Gravesend. Temp -0.3c steady. Showers are now moving from an Easterly direction.

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

there looks like there a thames steamer starting

Posted

KW, Ian Fergusson seems upbeat to the events this week. Take a look at these two links. They are very interesting:

Thanks for the links yamkin. Very interesting. Being a forecaster at the moment must be a nightmare!!

Jan

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Very light pellets here in Rochford...... by the way Dan Corbett doesnt look good in casual clothesblink.gif

Posted

Is this event actually going to come off? It's been put back further again. I'm not expecting much here as it very much sounds an Essex/EA event. Hope someone can clear things for me...so many things being said.

Nothings changed in the past hours rmc. Tuesday onwards snowrisk for this region increasing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow or Sun

can somebodt give me a headsup as to what to expect and when here in Ware- EastHerts/WestEssex borders ?? ....thanks

Posted

Do they really know ???...The met office radar yesterday showed we had rain/snow. but not a drop fell. now the net weather is saying my town as + 1c. tonight, and at this time my local weather station is showing -2. Yesterday it was tuesday and thursday as big snow days..now the bbc is slight fall of snow...Do they really know..or who knows.??

Posted

HAHAHA!

No, it is brilliant to have the advance warning that the members from the home counties provide, invaluable in fact, but we may need a Central London Whinge Thread in the coming days, rather than hearing the unbounded joy from the members in the East and South East corners.

(only joking)

yeah I hope members took my post in the humour it was intended From us in the arid Heat Island! (I even moan about lack of rain for my plants in summer)

Posted

This was a good forcast earlier today,A classic i think!

BBC WEATHER - TOMASZ SCHAFERNAKER @ 11:46 - WEATHER FOR THE WEEK AHEAD SNOW SNOW AND MORE SNOW

This link works now,i hope,Enjoy, P.s Been snowing hard here in Larkfield,Kent for 2 hours now :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzOGt-NlfLE&feature=channel&fmt=18

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

We've had more snow! , lovely :p

Posted

Light snow in Rayleigh. Not enough for the snowman I promised my little girl but that will (everything crossed) come later

Posted

well things still interesting- a nice snow shower moving wsw into the mouth of the estuary-

Interestingly the actual direction of the showers is now perfect for a streamer- sadly there is minimal convection- saying that- enough lift to get a few showers going-

I think for most of us a nice dusting would be a nice appetiser for the rest of the week....

S

Steve, Ian Fergusson seems upbeat to the events this week. Take a look at these two links. They are very interesting: