Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Jayces

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

A bit of fun...

Here's an alternative forecast based on the words seen on this forum over the last few weeks:

If you fancy having a go yourself...

http://www.wordle.net/

For snow lovers.. enjoy the 'lampost' and radar surprises over the next few days esp if you're are not expecting anything snowy:lol:

Have fun!

That's quite funny...Ta.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & Snowy, Hot & Sunny & Thunderstorms

i have loads if anyone wants to buy some £2 a tab cant get better than that lol anyways im taking things as they come if it snows GREAT if not oh well theres always another time.

Bang on.......... That is the best attitude if you don't want to be let down time and time again.

I have lived in the SE over 40 years and most of the time the best snow comes in on a half decent easterly. But that's only my view others on here may have a different opinion.

Posted

Weatherview on BBC 1 now, for yet another contrasting view no doubt!

Posted

Weatherview on BBC1 withn Jay Wynne

Heavy Snow on Tuesday night slowly clearing away (to the SE) into Wednesday and it will take it's time to clear (in the SE) :p:p:cold::D

Edited by yamkin

Posted

I am simply gobsmacked at how much the charts have changed for just 24 hours away in the space of 8 hours whilst I have been out! Both GFS and BBC were showing the same thing this morning - the front clearing the SE by midnight Tuesday night. Now they are both showing the same but new scenario of a Low pressure developing 'somewhere' over Sern England tomorrow evening, causing a wrap around occlusion to develop and it looks like much of this region will miss out now. How odd and frustrating!

Posted

He did seem to point towards tyhe North Sea when he said the ppn was going to clear on Wednesday night, and also said it was slow moving, but yet again, skirted through it very quickly, so I guess they are still completely unsure.

But better than his forecast at 22:00 at least.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

I don't understand.. the graphics show white over London and the SE, but then he says just flurries?

Posted

For example the 18.25 BBC forecast suggested the band of heavy snow would move away W. However when I watched the 22.30 forecast he said the heavy snow would move NE into the Wash area during Tues night/Wed. Now when you have such contrasting forecasts it makes tomorrow a lottery.

I feel the dilemma for the BBC is the UKMO model contradicts the NAE. The 18Z might of pushed the snow further W but don't forget the 12Z put W regions of E Anglia at risk.

Yep the 18z UKMO has everything quite a bit further east, rather close to the 12z GFS in that the snow reaches London...quite clearly a nowcast event is going to happen, remember what I've said, more likely going to end up east of the forecast models then west...but even if it does end up where its progged the front coming down from the North sea still could provide much interest, if anything the 12z/18z suites have upgraded the front somewhat, so could still be quite interesting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & Snowy, Hot & Sunny & Thunderstorms

I think the Met O are a bit wary at the mo this scenario has changed so much in 24 hrs and they don't want to commit themselves another 24 Hrs in advance. Not surprising really!!:D

Posted

I'm going to go to bed now and wake up early (for me lol) in time for the 06z run.. let's just hope that it's been shunted north east by about 50miles and that will do me nicely.

PS going to look at UKMO 18z, am I now in for some good snow?

Posted

Weatherview on BBC1 withn Jay Wynne

Heavy Snow on Tuesday night slowly clearing away (to the SE) into Wednesday and it will take it's time to clear (in the SE) :D:80::80::D

Have to laugh because I just watched the forecast on News 24 with Alex Deakin and he said the band would move away to SW England.

So far today this band is supposed to move SW,SE,NE. :D

By the way Weatherview is recorded. The latest forecast will be found on News24 as hes doing the night shift.

Posted

Yep the 18z UKMO has everything quite a bit further east, rather close to the 12z GFS in that the snow reaches London...quite clearly a nowcast event is going to happen, remember what I've said, more likely going to end up east of the forecast models then west...but even if it does end up where its progged the front coming down from the North sea still could provide much interest, if anything the 12z/18z suites have upgraded the front somewhat, so could still be quite interesting.

KW, Jay on the BBC1 weatherview mentioned the snow will start to clear (unquote-from S/Central parts) Tuesday night. Unquote-This band of snow will be over the SE well into Wednesday. Jay said the snow will take it's time to clear (graphics he showed was in the SE with loads of snow).

Posted

Have to laugh because I just watched the forecast on News 24 with Alex Deakin and he said the band would move away to SW England.

So far today this band is supposed to move SW,SE,NE. :D

By the way Weatherview is recorded. The latest forecast will be found on News24 as hes doing the night shift.

News Channel is recorded throughout the night too. There is no decent forecast until Breakfast sadly

Posted

So far today this band is supposed to move SW,SE,NE. :lol:

I wonder, Sky News weather forecasters are quite good during winter months and they are still saying that the band of snow over S/Central parts will move into London on Tuesday night and then they show snow for the SE on Wednesday. This ties in with jay's forecast.

I have this inner feeling that the SE will see more snow later today than is being forecast by the BBC MetO.

Posted

News Channel is recorded throughout the night too. There is no decent forecast until Breakfast sadly

Most probably right and to be honest looking at the graphics they are not using the latest +24 fax chart.

Posted

Morning everyone, will be opening a new thread in few minutes :lol:

Brian we are only at Page 10 ?? LOL

You trying to get us to Page 50 on compassionate grounds seeing as this has downgraded PMSL

Posted

Whilst I suspect he recorded that with the 12z data Yamkin, the 18z still agrees with that, the front really could crawl out of the way because steering currents look slack. Kent looks good for this and at the moment Essex looks decent as well, esp more southern parts of the county.

Still this next 36hrs will be all down to nowcasting, quite a tricky forecast I'd say and could yet see changes...

Posted

Brian we are only at Page 10 ?? LOL

You trying to get us to Page 50 on compassionate grounds seeing as this has downgraded PMSL

I know Paul, I've deleted it mate. It's been a long day :lol:

Posted

Ok, really I am going to bed now, I will stick my head out and say that the west of this region will see 10cm by Wednesday, and other areas maybe 5cm, locally possibly up to 15cm. Just need the low to go east a bit, it wouldn't be impossible, and who knows, the 18Z GFS might be living up to its daft self

Posted

I know Paul, I've deleted it mate. It's been a long day :lol:

Lol No worries Mate!

BTW The front seems to be much further South than what they expected it to be atm

Also some unexpected precip about o move into the Peterborough Area by the looks of the radar!

Paul S

Posted

Before I go to bed I shall leave you with this thought.

We might be disappointed and rightfully so considering i've had a Met O advisory for Peterborough for 5 days. However just imagine the disappointment for members in the W Midlands if come tomorrow morning the whole lot has shifted to the E. I would be totally gutted.

We have seen quiet a shift in the forecasts during today but I would be amazed if come tomorrow morning the BBC forecasts look exactly the same as they do tonight!

See you all at 4am. :lol: