Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Jayces

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

You mentioned Kent in a earlier post, something which I noticed earlier (especially the Dutch model) stalls the front over Kent. If the HIRLAM is to be believed Kent (and Essex into East London) have sustained snow all through Tuesday night and even into Wednesday afternoon.

OT, lol I've been mis-quoted in today's Express laugh.gif

(I said rivers not seas would freeze)

They probably heard you right but deliberately misquoted you. Right old cold rampers the Express are :D

So do you think the front will move far enough east by as early as Tuesday night? Stalling over Kent, Essex & East London would be perfect (IMBY)

Posted

Hey Blizzard

Im originally from Sunderland. How do u think our southern homes will fare? The family up home have had a bit in the last few week.

Well we had a central heating overhall down here in September just aswell not used it much here lol, yes they have it quite bad up in Durham as usual but not as bad on the coast. Mind you we have had some good falls here in recent weeks in Herts. aswell. Could be a lot more by tomorrow evening I hope.

Posted

You mentioned Kent in a earlier post, something which I noticed earlier (especially the Dutch model) stalls the front over Kent. If the HIRLAM is to be believed Kent (and Essex into East London) have sustained snow all through Tuesday night and even into Wednesday afternoon.

OT, lol I've been mis-quoted in today's Express laugh.gif

(I said rivers not seas would freeze)

I quoted the "Thames ice fair" last night actually. lol

Still hoping that it will miss us, I have so much running around to do that a dumping of Snow could actually ruin peoples lives. :D

Is the wind expected to change????

That should read Fayre not fair. Sorry!

Edited by cj114

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Love a good old Thunderstorm.

Well we had a central heating overhall down here in September just aswell not used it much here lol, yes they have it quite bad up in Durham as usual but not as bad on the coast. Mind you we have had some good falls here in recent weeks in Herts. aswell. Could be a lot more by tomorrow evening I hope.

The snow before Christmas was nice. Im not sure of what to think of this week. We should get some but just not sure how much. Not sure if anyone knows to be honest. Me wife thinks im snow mad but I just think its nice to take the little ones out in it. They might not see it again for a few years lol.

Posted

They probably heard you right but deliberately misquoted you. Right old cold rampers the Express are laugh.gif

So do you think the front will move far enough east by as early as Tuesday night? Stalling over Kent, Essex & East London would be perfect (IMBY)

2z9cqo1.jpg

I still confident that the above will be the outcome around 18Z this evening. Even though we miss the really heavy snow much of the SE will see one or two cm. Once we get to tomorrow night is where I struggle (and the models) to know whats going to happen!

Posted

The snow before Christmas was nice. Im not sure of what to think of this week. We should get some but just not sure how much. Not sure if anyone knows to be honest. Me wife thinks im snow mad but I just think its nice to take the little ones out in it. They might not see it again for a few years lol.

I travelled into WGC the day after the snow it did look a cm or 2 deeper there,nevermind the kids I enjoy playing out in the snow my-self and I'm 45 lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Love a good old Thunderstorm.

I travelled into WGC the day after the snow it did look a cm or 2 deeper there,nevermind the kids I enjoy playing out in the snow my-self and I'm 45 lol

The Kids is my excuse . I think she may of realised when I went sledging without them lol. Hope everyone gets the weather they want, I want SNOW SNOW SNOW. Goodnight all and enjoy the next few days.

Posted

Well I'm off 2 bed too, I'm sure most parts of the SE will have some snow by the weekend, looking forward to tomorrow from 5 pm onwards in my neck of the woods will it turn that much East or fizzle out? Battle of the low day, Goodnight all oh and Kold great confidence in your forecasts as always.

Posted

Morning all, I'm just off to work. To me it looks like that band of snow has slowed down a little and may of shifted East slightly though I'm no expert. Its making the national news headlines now. I think we are for a very interesting week. :nonono:

Posted

Good morning all. Had a dusting of snow overnight here and the local forecast is for more snow today. Not sure how this fits in with the direction of the snow belt that is aproaching from the north. Minus 3 here too and a little cloudy from what I could see.:):)

Posted

Had a look at the latest radar and the track seems to be SE now missing the Midlands. EA and the SE might be lucky after all. :)

I very much Hope so, I'm hoping it goes far enough east to touch East Kent... it looks like it may do if it stays on it's current path!

Posted

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

morning all looking good for us soon plus something else to wet your lips its seems our saterday event back on!!!

post-4629-12626703001725_thumb.png

Posted

The netweather forecast gives me 24 cms of snow! Christ that would be beating 91 and 81. Good thing is, I find the Netweather forecast to be highly accurate.

Heres hoping to a good dump and none of that brown roadside slush.

Edited by Optimus Prime

Posted
  • Location: Ormesby St Margaret - Nr Gt Yarmouth / Work in Norwich
  • Location: Ormesby St Margaret - Nr Gt Yarmouth / Work in Norwich

Looking at the latest GFS precipitation charts it shows Norfolk to get precipitation from 9am Wednesday until 9am Friday Then starts again on Saturday. During this time large portions of East Anglia look set to be prime targets. We may miss the first salvo, however have patience in this set up and I think we will all be rewarded here.

Things are very different this year in that its not a 24 hr toppler, it's a proper cold spell!

On a side note I just bought a subscription to the NW radar. It's miles better than the free ones I@ve been using!

Posted

Morning Steve , yes looks promising.

Looking at the radar looks like we are being attacked from the south and west and north !

That area to the south in the channel looks to be ver so slowly creeping northwards !

Currently -5c here

Posted

ECM1-192.GIF?05-12

whilst we await the snow-- the ECM overnight is total EPIC for the SE with a flat easterly from 72-192 & beyond....

Brilliant-

S

steve, the NNM on meteociel is keen to bring the hampshire shortwave ne into the home counties overnight whereas the meto have it moving in the opposite direction at this point o their forecasts. i have alot of time for the NNM but feel that the NAE will prove more reliable for today. are you any the wiser?

Posted

There's a massive bit of snow to the north west of east anglia the GFS ppn charts didnt pick up on