Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Crikey!!!!! Latest 12z ppn

Now that would be a show-stopper.

What are the time units on those charts (and indeed on the netweather main forecast pages), is it per hr ?

Going to now go with the M3 Corridoor being the Sweet Spot, maybe plump for Basingstoke to get Mullered Overnight, SW London looks primed as does South London down towards the South Downs around the M25

Paul S

& with the correction the 18z makes-- IE eastward by another 30/50 miles thats bexleyheath in the sweet spot- Sleet for Leigh on sea with onshore winds from the estuary....

S

Going to now go with the M3 Corridoor being the Sweet Spot, maybe plump for Basingstoke to get Mullered Overnight, SW London looks primed as does South London down towards the South Downs around the M25

Paul S

Woo ! I live in tunbridge wells which is about 15 mins away from south downs will I get a battering?

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Any news on how Norfolk will fare Tonight/Tomorrow please?:D

Your best bet would be later tomorrow ( snow from north sea ) , but keep checking this forum for updates :D

Posted

Funnily enough though synoptically this evolves in a similar way to the Boxing day storm 1962 that gave so many places a beasting.

Paul, I agree W/SW London was my bullseye region yesterday night and I'll stick with that...

What I wil lsay is we've seen a major upgrade since last night, models suggestive of 3-4 inches for our region now....

Interestingly I'm not sure the eastward adjustments are quite done yet either....

Posted

Nope, has been all snow showers on the south coast :-)

moderate snow here in folkestone now prob just a flurry but 2nd of the avo and not a rain drop in sight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

The 12z is looking great for London tonight!

Posted

Kold , when you mention East Kent what areas are your thinking.. As east kent is still a rather large area , bit like essex

Posted

Raining heavily in Portsmouth

That's encouraging and exactly how it should start panning out :)

Amazing how everybody at my work has become a weather expert. Just because I didn't tell them 2 weeks ago this was on the cards (and have kept quiet until lunchtime today), they are all now repeating the media forecasts and patting each other on the back! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

Funnily enough though synoptically this evolves in a similar way to the Boxing day storm 1962 that gave so many places a beasting.

Paul, I agree W/SW London was my bullseye region yesterday night and I'll stick with that...

What I wil lsay is we've seen a major upgrade since last night, models suggestive of 3-4 inches for our region now....

Interestingly I'm not sure the eastward adjustments are quite done yet either....

Don't want to be annoying, but could you hazard a guess on the amount of snow I am likely to get? drinks.gif

Posted

& with the correction the 18z makes-- IE eastward by another 30/50 miles thats bexleyheath in the sweet spot- Sleet for Leigh on sea with onshore winds from the estuary....

S

:):) Cool see you on Wrotham Hill tomorrow and dont forget your sledge :)

Posted

will I get a battering?

Are there hoodies in your area? :)

Posted

Front stalls over Kent on this run between 36-42hrs....totals pushing upto 15cms in E.Kent on this run, its quite possible as the models have been hinting at a very slack upper flow and so its quite possible the front will stall before it clears into the Channel...probably still light snowfall even into S.Essex Thursday morning but heavier stuff focused over Kent for nThursday morning.

:):):):):D

Posted

Precip upgrades definitely for where I live in Brighton. Although considering I'm going to have an onshore wind and I live only 2 miles from the coast might be a sleety mix for me! Although everywhere from Falmer into the South Downs looks to get a battering.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm dry summers

My son is working and living in Stevenage for a year doing his masters degree. Is this the right area thread for him? I have told him he is going to get a load of snow tonight/tomorrow, he reckons it is just another of my mad weather forecasts that he is used to seeing not coming to fruition, wow is he in for a surprise.

SS2

Posted

as Steve says, i would caution that some may be getting carried away with totals . Central London has only seen 20cm+ once since 1963 - in 1991. a 20 cm fall in the capital would be a once in a generation event. and i think , sadly it is unlikely . my guess is 2-5 cm in london

23cm measured just off Oxford Street in February 2009

Posted

I have been looking at motorway web cams. And I cant see much until you get up to stoke on trent, and Sheffield on the M1...am I missing something...help

Posted

Hi neil will west Kent get snow tonight?

I'd say it's likely , how much who knows... you're in a better position than me :)