Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Quite possibly the threat will be shifted east a little bit towards the home counties as the weak low that has formed over Wales will probably shift the frontal system further east which will mean more places will get heavy snow once the whole lot starts to pivot around the low pressure system that is developing now.

Also, I'm seeing real signs at last of cyclonic flow near the Wales/West country border, not quite there yet but I'm watching to see if pressure drops occur in that region.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

http://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/xwc_webcamlist.asp

Whiteout in Aberdeen

LUCKY.... :unknw:

Posted

Hammer: I did move here 3 years ago, and yes it is the dry part of the U.K. best place in the summer mind you. . Iam down beat, as for the past few days everybody on here is talking about the big event. Just look at the radar, its not all blue is it and not wide , more like heavy showers. And now its being repoert that rain is falling along the south coast...Like I have said..wait for the north easterly streamers...SNOW ON !!!!!!!

Posted

Sky News now saying up to 40cm expected for the home counties and that the Met Office warnings are to be updated in an hour. Risk shifting east??

It must frustrate everyone in the Home Counties when that line is used. I think there are 9 Home Counties.

Presumably the more western of the home counties.

Posted

Sky News now saying up to 40cm expected for the home counties and that the Met Office warnings are to be updated in an hour. Risk shifting east??

ARE YOU JOKING???????

Posted

seems to be a small development forming around Epsom,surrey looking at the past 30 minutes. Can anybody confirm this?

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Hi, I'm here in Walton-on-the-hill, approx 3 miles from Epsom,overlooking the M25, and skies are fairly clear here, with no signs of any snow :-( But let me know if you get anything in next hr or so, then maybe I can use this as an excuse to leave work early !!

Posted

i think some people at sky have been drinking at the overhype arms, surely. 40cm ? thats nearly a foot and a half.

Backed by the same info from MetO and the BBC though :unknw:

Let's just say substantial is very likely

Posted

The very latest from the NAE model brings the heaviest snow towards London especially Surrey and the sw London area at around midnight. The snow then slowly sinks se wards with snow across the se for much of the day.

Edited by nick sussex

Posted

The very latest from the NAE model brings the heaviest snow towards London especially Surrey and the sw London area at around midnight.

How does that compare to last nights NAE?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

Been cloudy here for a while now, few tiny gaps at the moment, maybe 4 hours before the fun starts here.

Posted

The very latest from the NAE model brings the heaviest snow towards London especially Surrey and the sw London area at around midnight.

So every run of the model moves it 30 miles further east... 00Z run will have it for Kent then laugh.gif

Posted

Hammer: I did move here 3 years ago, and yes it is the dry part of the U.K. best place in the summer mind you. . Iam down beat, as for the past few days everybody on here is talking about the big event. Just look at the radar, its not all blue is it and not wide , more like heavy showers. And now its being repoert that rain is falling along the south coast...Like I have said..wait for the north easterly streamers...SNOW ON !!!!!!!

There is a big event that will likely impact some in this region, probably not yourself though. What you need to decide is whether if your downbeat, watching it unfold is of any interest or not, but don't get down about it. It is just not worth it.

As is the case for those in the South Central England, surprises happen with our weather. Keep your chin up.

Posted

12z NAE is a BIG upgrade for this region FWIW...

Bulllseye now progged near Reading, though anywhere from Brighton-WNW gets heavy snow for Tuesday eveing/night, lighter snow over SE and Essex. Sussex and south Kent get hit hard as well...

Whole lot pushes northwards tomorrow morning and second front strengthens as it comes southwards giving probably giving a good 5-10cms.

A rough estimate:

West of London, 25-30cms, SW of London about 15cms, Sussex+western Kent about 10-20cms, East Kent 3-8cms, London about 10-15cms, Essex about 3-8cms, any furter north and probably only about 2-4cms.

Posted

Quite possibly the threat will be shifted east a little bit towards the home counties as the weak low that has formed over Wales will probably shift the frontal system further east which will mean more places will get heavy snow once the whole lot starts to pivot around the low pressure system that is developing now.

Also, I'm seeing real signs at last of cyclonic flow near the Wales/West country border, not quite there yet but I'm watching to see if pressure drops occur in that region.

am I right in thinking that the flow would become very unstable, therby greatly enhancing the precip?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

SWEET! I knew my luck wasn't out yahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gif

Posted

Just got home from work yes i know i do start early 5am lol I feel very confident about tonight being south west off London had a fax through from the met office i work for the trains and they said up to 30cm's can be expected across the west off London possibly even more. They also said the threat remains after for very heavy and even prolonged snow to affect this region until Sunday 06:00 hrs where a further fax will be sent.

Posted

Bulllseye now progged near Reading, though anywhere from Brighton-WNW gets heavy snow for Tuesday eveing/night, lighter snow over SE and Essex. Sussex and south Kent get hit hard as well...

Whole lot pushes northwards tomorrow morning and second front strengthens as it comes southwards giving probably giving a good 5-10cms.

A rough estimate:

West of London, 25-30cms, SW of London about 15cms, Sussex+western Kent about 10-20cms, East Kent 3-8cms, London about 10-15cms, Essex about 3-8cms, any furter north and probably only about 2-4cms.

That is awesome news!! , push it a little further east and it's game on :(:(

Posted

A rough estimate:

Oh happy days. Thanks for the post. Now I am getting rather excited in Ealing, London W5.

Posted

The very latest from the NAE model brings the heaviest snow towards London especially Surrey and the sw London area at around midnight. The snow then slowly sinks se wards with snow across the se for much of the day.

Does this mean Nick that NW London /South west Herts border has an increased chance than earlier.

Thanks

Posted

A rough estimate:

I don't remember ever being too far north for snow before :(:(