Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Location: Shortlands, Nr Bromley, Kent (could be Greater London, never quite sure!)
  • Location: Shortlands, Nr Bromley, Kent (could be Greater London, never quite sure!)

Neil I'm 9.45 SSE of London. Nothing here yet

Jan

Bromley

Jan,

the radar suggests that South of London snow is as far south as the coast. It hasn't quite reached us yet - not sure if it is still moving east though...

DS

Bromley - SE London/NW Kent

Posted

I know a lot of you are first-timers or may not post often on here, but could those that haven't please put their locations in their avators on the left hand side.

It is very wearying reading through lots of "We're going to do well here…" posts when no-one else has a clue where 'here' is, no good mentioning your location in a post 2 threads back — rant over. :wallbash:

:cold:

ETA: oops! ^^^

Edited by lizzieloo202

Posted

Unexpected early snow in Brighton! Wasn't expecting any to hit until 9pm but it's already here and a light covering on the garden and patio. Been snowing for approx. an hour or so.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

nothing here either

Met Office Invent has it arriving after 9pm - then not stopping til same time tomorrow night, gonna be a loooong hour

Posted

Linslade ,Leighton buzzard in Bedfordshire ,snow is now settling in for the night ,good sized flakes

Current data for Linslade

05 January 2010 19:51:37

Temperature (°C):

Current 0.0

Trend (per hour) +0.2

Average today -1.6

Wind chill 0.0

Humidex -2.6

Dew Point -2.1

Rel Humidity 86%

Wind (mph):

Current Gust 1.6 SE

Average Speed 0.0 SSE

Pressure (mb):

Current 999.9

Trend (per hour) -0.2

Posted

Very interesting watching the radar. The front is slowing it's drift east and moving NNE, but it's possible that we will see quite a bit of snow in West Kent.

There is a hell of a tail on the front too, so whoever gets stuck beneath it will have alot of depth, I suspect.

Enjoy!

Loafer

Loafing around outside Tunbridge Wells...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

It's currently switched off, please read the previous post!

Ok. ok. Couldn't someone (polite request) switch it on again? Or is there some technical problem due to traffic?

Posted

Still snowing here in Burgess Hill already got a covering

Posted

Worrying signs down here in SE Essex with the temperature nearly at 2c on my Weather Station :wallbash: Even if the precip gets here which is still questionable it must be touch and go as the temperature has risen from 0.7c at 4pm and is still rising, never thought we would have to worry about sleet with this set up and maybe Steve was not joking when he said Sleet for Leigh On Sea!

Dont know how this is going to affect tomorrow now if the temps are too high!

Paul S

Posted

Thanks for all your input! I do have a question though. I have been watching the precip literally pass right under my nose, by your above statement do you mean if we have not had snow now we will not get much later on either. :D Sorry but I just wanted to know if I should keep the kids up or not :cold: (here in Ewell, Surrey)

It looks like you will get some sooner rather than later, the pivot point is just north of me I think, so there is some frontal movement to the south in your direction.Keep 'em up I'd say :wallbash:

I'm about 10 miles east of Oxford and it's snowing heavily with about 3 inches down already.

Edited by Mr Sleet

Posted

Precip really amassing in the channel now, areas to the SW of London are going to get quite a few hours of very heavy snowfall...certainly looks like the idea of 30cms could well come off....

Thursday and Friday looks more interesting for EA it has to be said, could well see some very good falls from that flow as it looks unstable.

Posted

Jan,

the radar suggests that South of London snow is as far south as the coast. It hasn't quite reached us yet - not sure if it is still moving east though...

DS

Bromley - SE London/NW Kent

OK Thanks DS

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

That's when having your username as your location comes in handy! :D

How about this instead? :acute::acute:

Posted

Very interesting watching the radar. The front is slowing it's drift east and moving NNE, but it's possible that we will see quite a bit of snow in West Kent.

There is a hell of a tail on the front too, so whoever gets stuck beneath it will have alot of depth, I suspect.

Enjoy!

Loafer

Loafing around outside Tunbridge Wells...

You're almost due south of me (I'm in Bromley) - IF it reaches this far we should see it at more or less the same time...

DS

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Just noticed that we hale/snow mix now -it's still white and cold and the temperature has dropped.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

GUTTED looks like Norwich is goingto miss out big time as always...seen about 1cm since 18dec not happy

Posted

Ok. ok. Couldn't someone (polite request) switch it on again? Or is there some technical problem due to traffic?

Yes it was and now the traffic problem has been resolved, it has been switched on again. Is no one reading any of the previous posts? :acute:

Posted

Simon65 I am not convinced this is going to settle. It is certainly picking up speed but no coverage as of yet. Fingers crossed for a decent amount of cover by morning though.

Posted

I know a lot of you are first-timers or may not post often on here, but could those that haven't please put their locations in their avators on the left hand side.

It is very wearying reading through lots of "We're going to do well here…" posts when no-one else has a clue where 'here' is, no good mentioning your location in a post 2 threads back — rant over. :acute:

Try having an iPhone, it's like that all the time. Ealing, London w5 btw