Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Worrying signs down here in SE Essex with the temperature nearly at 2c on my Weather Station wallbash.gif Even if the precip gets here which is still questionable it must be touch and go as the temperature has risen from 0.7c at 4pm and is still rising, never thought we would have to worry about sleet with this set up and maybe Steve was not joking when he said Sleet for Leigh On Sea!

Dont know how this is going to affect tomorrow now if the temps are too high!

Paul S

He was deadly serious Paul, we have an onshore flow which is really going to be an issue, in other words its pretty much the same issue the south coast has...I hope I'm far enough west away from the wider part of the thames to stay right side of marginal but we shall see...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wintry and stormy weather

Very interesting watching the radar. The front is slowing it's drift east and moving NNE, but it's possible that we will see quite a bit of snow in West Kent.

There is a hell of a tail on the front too, so whoever gets stuck beneath it will have alot of depth, I suspect.

Enjoy!

Loafer

Loafing around outside Tunbridge Wells...

Just down the road from you Loafer, looking pretty sweet for us i think (hope).... :acute:

Posted

Now hammering it down here 5 miles south of Guildford...been a bit frustrating this past hour or so but now its getting going dirol.gif my brother is a student teacher and hes praying for a day off tomorrow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Met Office Invent has it arriving after 9pm - then not stopping til same time tomorrow night, gonna be a loooong hour

cheers for that yeah iys gonna be a long wait just worried its not gonna hit. years of let downs lol

Posted

steady snow here for half an hour - probably 1-2cm in total with the shower we had around 6pm.

Still very much on the Eastern fringe of the PPN - if it could shift 10 miles east, I would get a real mullering here.

Posted

Snowfall has increased slightly, still smallish flakes but local estate roads now have a nice covering. Bliss! :drinks:

Posted

Ive just dived in and subscribed to the full package of the Netweather subscription ...

Lots of lovely goodies to use and keep a real close eye on the weather rolleyes.gif

Posted

I'm still not convinced that my location (on the edge of south west London) is going to get much out of it. Looked at the London 5 minute radar, and my location is under the lightest precipitation category which is all broken up in itself and the front is moving NE to NNE which will just result in me remaining under that very broken very light snowfall!! Can anyone convince me that I am going to get anything decent from this?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

It would be really helpful if all the forecasts stopped refering to the 'home counties' as there seems to be confusion with some people as to where exactly this is. I understand it to be counties that surround London (but someone please put me right if this is not the case) so Kent, Surrey, Berkshire, Hertfordshire, Essex, Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire.

With Bucks and Oxon stretching up as far as Northants it seems a bit hit and miss as there is a lot of ground covered here by one general forecast, I wish the weather people could be a bit more specific !

Posted
  • Location: Shortlands, Nr Bromley, Kent (could be Greater London, never quite sure!)
  • Location: Shortlands, Nr Bromley, Kent (could be Greater London, never quite sure!)

I've just run the animation feature on the NW radar. If the ppn continues its current track then it looks like SE London will get the stuff that has come ashore around the Eaastbourne/Beachy Head area. It's moving VVV slowly though so no breath holding here....

DS

Posted

Light Snow in Milton Keynes, very light at first but now visible via the medium of LAMPOST!

It's still soooooooooo light

c'mon snow this is making me all a bit :drinks:

Posted

Hi Kold. What are your thoughts for Thurrock tonight? I'm getting really confused now cc_confused.gif

Posted

For those who are already becoming disappointed, remember - we still have three or four more days of this to happen at least!

Keep the faith, you will be rewarded :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Still heavy snow here in North Oxfordshire has been for 90 mins

I think for once this location is good for a foot of snow by tomorrow

Makes a change not had much this winter (been cold of course)

Edited by stewfox

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

is there any more chance of this low still moving east or is it prety much nailed now

Edited by snowbob