Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Yes I thought peter cockroft played it down a bit for London. I am in Ealing and it looks like I might miss a 10/15cm dump by 15 miles

Even here very light snow is falling, more like a flurry. Seen a link and it looks like it should be heavier. I'd say 30cm is OTT for here. I saw on sky news iPhone application it says Slough was downgraded. That was a right kick in the noots!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!

Just wondering why, on the Look East forecast / BBC graphics, they have rain and sleet on the Suffolk coast tomorrow afternoon? :)

I presumed temps would be low enough for everyone to get snow?

TEITS, Nick S, Kold; any views?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

oh good grief, I wouldn't even bother with Look East to be honest!

They're OK in more normal, less extreme weather seups, but their performance so far this winter has been poor to say the least. I too saw the rain that was mentioned and raised an eyebrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....

Hurricane Debbie it is called the great british weather. lol It will do this to you best not expect anything and then enjoy the surprise when it comes.

I am happy to let others have the snow i don't want it i really don't i have to earn a living and if i can't go out to work i can't get paid so i need it to stay away. Have fun all you other guys in Kent enjoy lol

Totally agree ! Hats off to ya...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Even though some are listening to me because their too bust moaning I shall carry on.

The radar at 19.00 is immense. Now what you have to remember is this band will move N and then pivot anticlockwise. Now the biggest question which nobody can answer is how far N will it move before it pivots W. Now because this is going to pivot I really can't see why this will miss London. Any forecast that suggests this is very suspect.

Also for those who are moaning remember this. The event tonight isn't a case of if you miss it then thats the end. The models actually suggest our cold spell hasn't even started yet. The potential from tomorrow into next week is huge.

Very true TEITS, and i was wondering the same thing. Its moving north now, but the southern end of it will have to pivot anticlockwise. And at this rate that means it should move up right through London.

It might be a slow process though, with much nail biting for some in the east and north of the region.

Edited by danm

Posted

Still touch and go for Hertfordshire tonight I think (at least in east Herts anyway).

The ECM tonight was a cracking run again, I wonder if the Meto extended forcast today

was more a bit of wishcasting as the ECM shows no sign of a breakdown to the very

cold and wintry weather.

cheers to you and teits, I am a complete amateur so bear with me. Hope my post was not construed as a moan!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

Ahh well i'll check back soon, hopefully it curves around a bit more and then i'll be in the firing line. At the moment it is quite light and not nearly enough to give a covering

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

I'm guessing you mean this chart as thats Thursday's:

http://www.meteociel.fr/ukmo/fax/fax72s.gif

Thats a peach as you say....and the PERFECT wind flow for a thames streamer, really it is!

Great there goes my chances for snow :lol: , the winds also look slacker compared to previous runs

Posted

The Low now starting to get its act together between Swansea and Birmingham where its beginning the "wrap-around" on RADAR.

As it envelops moisture and inhibits convection you'll start to see the moderate-high PPN falls in the South begin to occur from the Frontal Bands coming in off the English Channel. Still a long way to go yet, this is just the first hour of a 14 hour event due.

Posted

Just wondering why, on the Look East forecast / BBC graphics, they have rain and sleet on the Suffolk coast tomorrow afternoon? :lol:

No idea stupid forecast.

Tomorrow we shall pull in upper temps around -11C with dewpoints of -4C. There will be a strong wind which will mean those on the Norfolk coast will see slightly higher temps but not enough to turn this to rain.

I really do despair at the BBC forecasts at times. Without wanting to blow my own trumpet but why has it taken the BBC until 6pm to say the same as I did at 10am this morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....

Did we not mention that the name St Albans derives from the Anglo Saxon word for 'snow' (ie. to Snorben) as misunderstood during the Roman invasion of the late 2nd century?

Very good Roo !!!

Posted

Just wondering why, on the Look East forecast / BBC graphics, they have rain and sleet on the Suffolk coast tomorrow afternoon? cc_confused.gif

Slack winds and an onshore flow usually is a killer for coastal set-ups in more marginal set-ups, so yeah thats quite possible unless you get some heavy precip.

FWIW Friday looks most interesting on the fax charts, would expect some big falls from that sort of flow...

Also yep there is pretty much no chance this misses London, the whole lot pivots round...indeed this is already happening with the front now angled S-N.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, storms or both at same time..

heavy rain here in Peacehaven East Sussex :lol:

so gutted

Posted

Light Snow in Milton Keynes, very light at first but now visible via the medium of LAMPOST!

Posted

Should I be looking down toward Brighton, for the first time this evening I can see something visibly heading toward me and MY GOD it's cold outside.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Posted

Slack winds and an onshore flow usually is a killer for coastal set-ups in more marginal set-ups, so yeah thats quite possible unless you get some heavy precip.

FWIW Friday looks most interesting on the fax charts, would expect some big falls from that sort of flow...

Also yep there is pretty much no chance this misses London, the whole lot pivots round...indeed this is already happening with the front now angled S-N.

Do you think we have a chance of snow here still ? S London

Posted

Sleet in Burgess Hill

Temp 0.3 Dew point -1.3 on my weather station, dew point is rising

Posted

Whoops looks like you are all right on the radar it appears that the snow has now entered greater London from the south west

Posted

Ladies and gentlemen, the snow has started in Eastbourne!!!!! :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

Ahh, the band at the moment is quite thin, looks like the next bulk in the channel and now just coming inland is wider to the east so that should bring me right into play, possibly an hour and a half to wait for that to reach me