Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Looking at the MetO Radar London looks in the direct firing line for everything piling over the channel, and that's before anything starts to pivot, or have I got that wrong?

Posted

Ladies and gentlemen, the snow has started in Eastbourne!!!!! :lol:

I seems to be widening up nicely along the south coast too

Posted

Do you think we have a chance of snow here still ? S London

I would say so now, I think you've gotten distracted with what's going on to your west, I'm directly beneath you (ooohh matron) and It's heading towards us now, give it a hour or so and time should tell.

Posted

Ah, finally, it has started again smile.gif

I wonder whether we will end up getting the heavy stuff here though, is pretty light/moderate but at least its falling again

Posted

Looking at the MetO Radar London looks in the direct firing line for everything piling over the channel, and that's before anything starts to pivot, or have I got that wrong?

The experts on here are now saying London is indeed in a sweet spot but we shall see

Posted

The final question, complete this number sequence:

1947, 1963, 20** :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

I see what you mean, the band moving inland now is much wider in diameter, so London could be in the firing line in about 80 mins maybe? at the moment west/SW/NW London is on the edge of the band and there is not much ppn

Posted

I would say so now, I think you've gotten distracted with what's going on to your west, I'm directly beneath you (ooohh matron) and It's heading towards us now, give it a hour or so and time should tell.

You aren't my wife then she is always on top :whistling:

But I hope you are right, that stuff forming over Eastbourne/Brighton gives me a bit more confidence especially if the bands merge

Posted

Hi all...another long-time-lurker here :whistling:

It's raining here on the Sussex coast....fingers crossed that it turns to snow later.

Posted

Sweet spot should be where its snowing now, as the front pivots its not really going to move from where its snowing now.

Friday really has got me interested, shame I'm not going to be in Essex as I'd imagine thats a perfect streamer set-up on that 72hrs fax chart image...

I suspect overall here in S.Essex as long as its the right side of marginal probably get about 5-7cms overall from the 2 bands, hopefully!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

I can hardly contain my excitement, been watching the forums(and models)since before xmas waiting for this moment, and finally my (im)patience looks like being rewarded with bells on :whistling:

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Sweet spot should be where its snowing now, as the front pivots its not really going to move from where its snowing now.

Not liking the thames streamer flow though , more people would be affected by a kent streamer or atleast north east winds!. :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!

No idea stupid forecast.

Tomorrow we shall pull in upper temps around -11C with dewpoints of -4C. There will be a strong wind which will mean those on the Norfolk coast will see slightly higher temps but not enough to turn this to rain.

I really do despair at the BBC forecasts at times. Without wanting to blow my own trumpet but why has it taken the BBC until 6pm to say the same as I did at 10am this morning.

Slack winds and an onshore flow usually is a killer for coastal set-ups in more marginal set-ups, so yeah thats quite possible unless you get some heavy precip.

FWIW Friday looks most interesting on the fax charts, would expect some big falls from that sort of flow...

Also yep there is pretty much no chance this misses London, the whole lot pivots round...indeed this is already happening with the front now angled S-N.

Thanks for the replies TEITS, KW.

I'm just hoping that if there is any marginality at all, my location about 8-10 miles inland will be far enough away from the coast!

Posted

I can hardly contain my excitement, been watching the forums(and models)since before xmas waiting for this moment, and finally my (im)patience looks like being rewarded with bells on :drinks:

Your near me, I am just up the hill on the border of Banstead, exciting times as ahead :whistling: