Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Besides the current snowfall, is the snowstorm predicted for Friday/Saturday still looking good? Talk about it seems to have gone quiet today :/

Posted
  • Location: Brighton (About 1 mile from the sea and at 89m above sea level)
  • Location: Brighton (About 1 mile from the sea and at 89m above sea level)

He was deadly serious Paul, we have an onshore flow which is really going to be an issue, in other words its pretty much the same issue the south coast has...I hope I'm far enough west away from the wider part of the thames to stay right side of marginal but we shall see...

We have an onshore flow here in Brighton too and the temperature has fallen from 2c to 0.4c in the last hour and from sleety rain we now have heavy snow and about 2cm lying clap.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

It's still soooooooooo light

c'mon snow this is making me all a bit crazy.gif

Starting to get a bit heavier over here in the East of MK, still quite small flakes (is that because it's so cold ?) but more of them now !

c'mon snow this is making me all a bit :whistling:

For once I think you guys are gonna get less than me here in Aylesbury! I remember always being fed up when I was younger going to school and hearing the people from MK couldn't get in because of the snow! Haha.

Posted

Besides the current snowfall, is the snowstorm predicted for Friday/Saturday still looking good? Talk about it seems to have gone quiet today :/

there isn't one to my knowledge. That was a big IF on Sunday, but that has gone now on most if not all output. Nevertheless, the BBC Sunday forecast (issued 10 mins ago) says heavy snow for many parts of the SE on Sunday so that may be it, guess we will only know when the FAX comes out at 10.30 tonight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

For all in the London area especially that are worried because they haven't had much, don't worry, just look here:

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

The current band of PPN is quite thin, but you can see that near the Brighton it is thickening to the east so as it moves north we will be in the firing line. I'd guess it will hit us by about 9pm in SW London

Posted

c'mon snow this is making me all a bit :whistling:

Hello my lovely, it's not light down in the South West anymore, just wait, I am sending it your way :rofl:

10p sized flakes now!

Edited by ickledoozer

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

We have an onshore flow here in Brighton too and the temperature has fallen from 2c to 0.4c in the last hour and from sleety rain we now have heavy snow and about 2cm lying clap.gif

Yeh but the flow is coming up from a cold france , whereas those areas have the thames estuary in the way :whistling:

Posted

there isn't one to my knowledge. That was a big IF on Sunday, but that has gone now on most if not all output. Nevertheless, the BBC Sunday forecast (issued 10 mins ago) says heavy snow for many parts of the SE on Sunday so that may be it, guess we will only know when the FAX comes out at 10.30 tonight

Thank you, I'm keeping everything crossed!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

With Bucks and Oxon stretching up as far as Northants it seems a bit hit and miss as there is a lot of ground covered here by one general forecast, I wish the weather people could be a bit more specific !

Being North Oxfordshire always have an identity crises

60 miles south of Birmingham and 40 miles south of Warwick but still included with South Coastal towns re BBC forecasts etc

Almost Midlands but not quite (sometimes I post there, they dont seem to mind)

Its been snowing here OX25 heavy ,settling every where. Seem to be getting stuff from the south and north rolleyes.gif

Edited by stewfox

Posted

Is it me or is that band heading into South Kent getting organised?

I hope so, problem being the temp has risen in Ramsgate from -0.4c to +1.6c cc_confused.gif

Posted

Starting to get a bit heavier over here in the East of MK, still quite small flakes (is that because it's so cold ?) but more of them now !

It's so hit and miss here this time.

Posted

It's so hit and miss here this time.

Trust me its on its way to you guys!

Posted

Hi Kold. What are your thoughts for Thurrock tonight? I'm getting really confused now cc_confused.gif

Tough call mate, we are probably on thr western edge of the heavier part of the first band BUT our temps will very much be marginal IMO...then second band tomorrow looks better for snowfall chances. As long as we stay right side of marginal I'd imagine 4-6cms probably is the call I'd make...but as per normal big uncertainties...

Posted

For all in the London area especially that are worried because they haven't had much, don't worry, just look here:

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

The current band of PPN is quite thin, but you can see that near the Brighton it is thickening to the east so as it moves north we will be in the firing line. I'd guess it will hit us by about 9pm in SW London

I hope so! How much do you reckon we could expect (I am around Hampton Court near Kingston)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Being North Oxfordshire always have an identity crises

60 miles south of Birmingham and 40 miles south of Warwick but still included with South Coastal towns re BBC forecasts etc

Almost Midlands but not quite (sometimes I post there, they dont seem to mind)

Its been snowing here OX25 heavy ,settling every where. Seem to be getting stuff from the south and north rolleyes.gif

I don't care where thay say I am as long as it carries on snowing like it is now, don't even need the lampost to see it now !

Posted

had bout 2 inches in 30 minutes, some huuuge flakes here biggrin.gif

Im 28 and I felt like I did in 1987 and 1991 yahoo.gif